Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WI v SAf, 3rd Test, Bridgetown, June 26-30, 2010

+16
embee
PeterCS
PlanetPakistan
WIFAN
Henry
The One
Merlin
G.Wood
WideWally
Zat
skully
Red
JKLever
tac
jim rich
taipan
20 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

WI v SAf, 3rd Test, Bridgetown, June 26-30, 2010 - Page 2 Empty Re: WI v SAf, 3rd Test, Bridgetown, June 26-30, 2010

Post by Red Mon 28 Jun 2010, 14:01

Merlin wrote:
Red wrote:
G.Wood wrote:Moderately pleasan tits Red

Better not tell Boucher that. Smile

Why not?
It's no contest ... and anyway, his moobs wouldn't count.

The avatar is his woman.
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17071
Registration date : 2007-10-28
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

WI v SAf, 3rd Test, Bridgetown, June 26-30, 2010 - Page 2 Empty Re: WI v SAf, 3rd Test, Bridgetown, June 26-30, 2010

Post by WideWally Mon 28 Jun 2010, 17:03

Did anyone see the incident involving Benn & Steyn? I missed it as I was watching the wrap-up on the World Cup match.

Oh dear. Controversy: Steyn spat to the right of Benn' Controversial scenes here. It could balloon into something ugly. Benn got close to Steyn as he walked off and was seen laughing. That seemed to angry Steyn and he spat to the right of Benn. I can't believe he spat there. Benn is enraged, takes a step or two towards Steyn who walks away. The umpires get into act and Benn is talking with them. Oh dear what has Steyn done here. The provocation seems to be the fact that Benn laughed. Perhaps there is the history, the past battles has got better of Steyn. Match referee has to surely get into this. He will look at the provocation and the reaction. It will be interesting to see what he will decides.

Roach to Steyn, OUT, 143.8 kph, What a ball! What a strike! Steyn has no clue what happenned there. Meanwhile Steyn and Benn get into trouble but first lets get the dismissal. It landed on a length around off and middle and cut towards the off. It hit the back pad and fell on the off stumps. Now for that drama

DW Steyn b Roach 4 (10b 1x4 0x6) SR: 40.00

WideWally
WideWally

Number of posts : 9702
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Mon 28 Jun 2010, 17:07

damn! i just switched channels 15 mins back. and now its lunch

hopefully they show the replay during the break

The One

Number of posts : 9035
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Mon 28 Jun 2010, 17:08

ok highlights are on now

The One

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Mon 28 Jun 2010, 17:20

WideWally wrote:Did anyone see the incident involving Benn & Steyn? I missed it as I was watching the wrap-up on the World Cup match.

Oh dear. Controversy: Steyn spat to the right of Benn' Controversial scenes here. It could balloon into something ugly. Benn got close to Steyn as he walked off and was seen laughing. That seemed to angry Steyn and he spat to the right of Benn. I can't believe he spat there. Benn is enraged, takes a step or two towards Steyn who walks away. The umpires get into act and Benn is talking with them. Oh dear what has Steyn done here. The provocation seems to be the fact that Benn laughed. Perhaps there is the history, the past battles has got better of Steyn. Match referee has to surely get into this. He will look at the provocation and the reaction. It will be interesting to see what he will decides.

Roach to Steyn, OUT, 143.8 kph, What a ball! What a strike! Steyn has no clue what happenned there. Meanwhile Steyn and Benn get into trouble but first lets get the dismissal. It landed on a length around off and middle and cut towards the off. It hit the back pad and fell on the off stumps. Now for that drama

DW Steyn b Roach 4 (10b 1x4 0x6) SR: 40.00

So a white guy spits at a black guy, and it's the black guy who gets into trouble with the umpires.....hmm
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Mon 28 Jun 2010, 17:38

not a great day for them is it?

The One

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Mon 28 Jun 2010, 17:38

Suspend Steyn for 2 tests.

Thereafter provide him with a spitoon ... perhaps taipan would volunteer to clean it and carry it around for him.

Merlin

Number of posts : 14718
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : afg

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Mon 28 Jun 2010, 17:40

and i thought steyn was one of the more new age south africans. i guess change takes time

The One

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Mon 28 Jun 2010, 18:02

Morkel seemed to be having a good humoured chat with the WIndies lads just after the tea break ... but yeah, Steyn evidently still carries 'the torch' ....

Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Tue 29 Jun 2010, 00:11

I was watching the incident live. Benn had been winding him up. Bishop seemed to overreact a bit in that Benn provoked him with constant chat and then made a point of laughing in his face after he was dismissed. Not that that condones what Steyn did but Benn has been a bit of a common denominator in controversial incidents. Last time they toured Bravo spat at sooky so there seems to be something in the air over there. Steyn is meant to be one of the nicer guys off the field but tends to get a bit fired up. They replayed it in slow motion several times and you could see the spittle flying through the grill of the helmet.
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by WIFAN Tue 29 Jun 2010, 00:19

So a white guy spits at a black guy, and it's the black guy who gets into trouble with the umpires.....hmm

Not to mention the fact they we have been royally fugged by the umpiring in this match, which cost us 60-75 runs. Getting De Villiers out 3 times is a bit hard to do, I'm amazed his aggregate was only 70 odd Laughing. Benn is an idiot, we all know this, but Steyn has to be banned for that incident. Any other conclusion would be highly suspicious.

As for the match, too many of our batsman are a few marbles short of a set. Deonarine and Ramdin should be dropped for their shots today. The bowling is coming a long nicely with Roach and two decent spinners, plus Taylor and Edwards to come back. But the batting is simply not disciplined enough to beat a decent side like South Africa.

Last time they toured Bravo spat at sooky so there seems to be something in the air over there. Steyn is meant to be one of the nicer guys off the field but tends to get a bit fired up.

Bravo was the one who was subjected to verbal abuse by sooky. Wavell Hinds was the one who reacted by chucking bouncers and spitting on the floor. Benn is an idiot but that should have nothing to do with the punishment Steyn receives which should be big tbh.
WIFAN
WIFAN

WI v SAf, 3rd Test, Bridgetown, June 26-30, 2010 - Page 2 7EoDRAk

Number of posts : 2857
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : wi

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Tue 29 Jun 2010, 00:31

WIFAN wrote:

Not to mention the fact they we have been royally fugged by the umpiring in this match, which cost us 60-75 runs. Getting De Villiers out 3 times is a bit hard to do, I'm amazed his aggregate was only 70 odd Laughing. Benn is an idiot, we all know this, but Steyn has to be banned for that incident. Any other conclusion would be highly suspicious.

As for the match, too many of our batsman are a few marbles short of a set. Deonarine and Ramdin should be dropped for their shots today. The bowling is coming a long nicely with Roach and two decent spinners, plus Taylor and Edwards to come back. But the batting is simply not disciplined enough to beat a decent side like South Africa.

Last time they toured Bravo spat at sooky so there seems to be something in the air over there. Steyn is meant to be one of the nicer guys off the field but tends to get a bit fired up.

Bravo was the one who was subjected to verbal abuse by sooky. Wavell Hinds was the one who reacted by chucking bouncers and spitting on the floor. Benn is an idiot but that should have nothing to do with the punishment Steyn receives which should be big tbh.

Yep, my mistake it was Hinds, not Bravo who spat but he apparently spat on the basis that Sooky racially abused Bravo. A comprehensive inquiry, including turning up all the relevant stumps microphones found no evidence of this.

They should probably wipe out Steyn for two or three matches which will mean probably mean ODIs. Benn should also be told to pull his head in because he seems to attract the ire of a lot of opposition players, even ones like Steyn who usually conduct themselves in a sportsmanslike manner.
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Tue 29 Jun 2010, 00:37

WIFAN wrote:

Not to mention the fact they we have been royally fugged by the umpiring in this match
, which cost us 60-75 runs. Getting De Villiers out 3 times is a bit hard to do, I'm amazed his aggregate was only 70 odd Laughing. Benn is an idiot, we all know this, but Steyn has to be banned for that incident. Any other conclusion would be highly suspicious.

There were reviews in this match. Had the Windies useed them more judiciously AB's innings would have been terminated earlier. And just to reiterate, Steyn should not have spat but Benn had been in the face of the SA players for a while, was talking it up big according to the commentators and laughed in Steyn's face when he was dismissed. He then had words with Prince and Morkel after Steyn's dismissal. Taufel didn't look impressed. He does seem to court trouble. And is it wise to stir up the game's best quick?
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by WIFAN Tue 29 Jun 2010, 00:46

Red wrote:There were reviews in this match. Had the Windies useed them more judiciously AB's innings would have been terminated earlier. And just to reiterate, Steyn should not have spat but Benn had been in the face of the SA players for a while, was talking it up big according to the commentators and laughed in Steyn's face when he was dismissed. He then had words with Prince and Morkel after Steyn's dismissal. Taufel didn't look impressed. He does seem to court trouble. And is it wise to stir up the game's best quick?

I'm not sure where this 'Steyn usually behaves in such a sportsmanlike manor' talk comes from. Have I not seen him giving every batsman a volley of verbals pretty much every over for this entire series? Maybe that was just my imagination?

As for the reviews, they had a fraction less than half the ball hitting the stumps. Hardly wasteful IMHO. The fact remains that the umpiring whilst we were bowling was piss poor and cost us a lot of runs.
WIFAN
WIFAN

WI v SAf, 3rd Test, Bridgetown, June 26-30, 2010 - Page 2 7EoDRAk

Number of posts : 2857

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Tue 29 Jun 2010, 00:57

WIFAN wrote:
Red wrote:There were reviews in this match. Had the Windies useed them more judiciously AB's innings would have been terminated earlier. And just to reiterate, Steyn should not have spat but Benn had been in the face of the SA players for a while, was talking it up big according to the commentators and laughed in Steyn's face when he was dismissed. He then had words with Prince and Morkel after Steyn's dismissal. Taufel didn't look impressed. He does seem to court trouble. And is it wise to stir up the game's best quick?

I'm not sure where this 'Steyn usually behaves in such a sportsmanlike manor' talk comes from. Have I not seen him giving every batsman a volley of verbals pretty much every over for this entire series? Maybe that was just my imagination?

As for the reviews, they had a fraction less than half the ball hitting the stumps. Hardly wasteful IMHO. The fact remains that the umpiring whilst we were bowling was piss poor and cost us a lot of runs.

They wasted a review where it was not out but had they reviewed others involving AB, he would have been given his marching orders. Also with many of the calls so close, even after forensic examination, can you really be that harsh on the two umpires?

Steyn can verbal at times, like most fast bowlers, but knows his limits. When he was in Australia, it was a closely contested series but played in impeccable spirit and his sportsmanship was exemplary. Both teams respected each other. There's usually trouble though when players deliberately provoke it and it's not uncommon to have some common denominators. For eg. the time before when SA toured, Nel was not averse to causing trouble.
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Tue 29 Jun 2010, 02:15

Henry wrote:

why do you have to bring their color of skin in to this?
have 2 people of same race never fought before?

Steyn farked and should get punished...end of story
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Number of posts : 10285
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Flag/Background : pak

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Tue 29 Jun 2010, 02:16

Windies reverting to "making a dog's dick of it" mode?
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Tue 29 Jun 2010, 02:26

PlanetPakistan wrote:
Henry wrote:

why do you have to bring their color of skin in to this?
have 2 people of same race never fought before?

Steyn farked and should get punished...end of story

because Trev is a racist

embee
embee

Number of posts : 26217
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by kkf Tue 29 Jun 2010, 03:36

What rubbish. I saw Steyn shout at Gayle when he dismissed him when we toured South Africa. Gayle didn't take the bait and walked away. Benn is an idiot but he is not wrong in this case. You can't laugh if there is a dismissal? I've seen Flintoff laugh when England dismissed Tino Best in the mind the windows incident (as he should have as it was a hilarious dismissal unless you're a West Indian fan). I've seen Ambrose laugh when he got someone out with a slower ball. Steyn is always around shouting at the batsmen and giving sendoffs. Don't tell me Benn isn't allowed to laugh at his dismissal.

kkf

Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2007-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Tue 29 Jun 2010, 07:01

Never said Benn wasn't entitled to laugh. The highlights were just on. He actually gave Steyn a send-off of sorts too but the friction probably originated when Steyn was at the non-striker's end and words were exchanged. In any case, while Bishop and co. were disgusted with Steyn's actions, they made the point that trouble seems to follow Benn. And even when Prince and Morkel were batting, Gayle came in and had a discussion with them but the commentators were amazed that Benn had to come and put his word in again. Benn's been an antagonist for a while and even in this match hit AB in the head when hauling the ball back to Ramdin.

Steyn verbals a bit but I've seen others verbal a lot more. He's exuberant when taking wickets but usually plays very much within the boundaries of good sportsmanship.
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by mynah Tue 29 Jun 2010, 08:11

The One wrote:and i thought steyn was one of the more new age south africans. i guess change takes time
Actually, spitting in public has been unfashionable in South Africa for decades. Except on the sports fields, that is... Twisted Evil
mynah
mynah

WI v SAf, 3rd Test, Bridgetown, June 26-30, 2010 - Page 2 APSeEpm

Number of posts : 3385
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Tue 29 Jun 2010, 08:34

Provocation, unless personal and directly abusive (of the type that WAS both encouraged and practised through the Chapelli years by Aus) has been part and parcel of cricket since WG's times. Nothing new there!

Benn is a provocative idiot ... ban him for one test for his stupidity.

Steyn's spitting in the direction of and at the feet of an opponent (whatever Mynah says about "trends" ) is uncouth and offensive as it is directly confrontational - so ban him for 2 tests ... non of these BS ODI bans like the Paksters got.

IMO - an immediate suspension from the game (like the sin bin in Rugby) would be far more effective.

Example : By banning Steyn for one session's play - 2 hour sin bin - as with yesterday - he would not have been allowed to open the bowling for SA in WI's 2nd innings - and as such, lacking his spearing deliveries, the carnage that subsequently followed would "most probably" ** have been averted.

Then sit back and watch the captain's stamp down on the future bad behaviour in their charges.

** I say most probably - because nothing is ever certain where WI cricket is concerned ... so damned frustrating.

Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 29 Jun 2010, 09:01

bit like the english soccer eh merls?
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Tue 29 Jun 2010, 09:17

horace wrote:bit like the english world soccer eh merls?

Fixed.
Spitting is a religion in soccer the world over 'orace...not just the EPL.
It should be erradicated from cricket.

Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 29 Jun 2010, 09:27

was refering to frustration!!
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next