Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Australian Federal Election 2010 Thread (III)

+20
simkat
Henry
Nath
taipan
Leo
PeterCS
tac
Paul Keating
Mick Sawyer
Merlin
JGK
Invader Zim
Allan D
Hass
skully
Zat
bodyline
embee
Bradman
G.Wood
24 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

The Australian Federal Election 2010 Thread (III) - Page 40 Empty Re: The Australian Federal Election 2010 Thread (III)

Post by skully Sat 11 Sep 2010, 22:26

JGK wrote:FFS, Penny Wong as Finance Minister?
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. The pinkos have gone to the dogs - literally. I'd say jobs for the girls but.....
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105986
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

The Australian Federal Election 2010 Thread (III) - Page 40 Empty Re: The Australian Federal Election 2010 Thread (III)

Post by G.Wood Mon 13 Sep 2010, 00:02

The pinkos have gone to the dogs - literally. I'd say jobs for the girls but.....

I thought you were talking about Julia's stepdaughter.
G.Wood
G.Wood

Number of posts : 12070
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 14 Sep 2010, 02:40

Penny Wong will be an excellent Finance Minister - bright and thorough.
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Tue 14 Sep 2010, 02:51

skully wrote:Bwahahahahahaha. Yeah, that's gonna work. A p!ss-ant little country like us taking the Bannies and the Maoists down a peg or two. snigger

We have submarines that actually work. Plus we can stop selling them iron ore, coal and uranium.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Tue 14 Sep 2010, 03:01

The first thing Rool Joolia does is forget the aborigines ...I guess if she says sorry it will be Ok
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26217
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Tue 14 Sep 2010, 03:15

Yeah I think you're right. Sads me to say it that the biggest social changes (guns and Aborigines) came courtesy of Fraser and Howard. Mind you if Howard had been in opposition at the time of Port Arthur he probably would've marched with the SSA or The National Front.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Tue 14 Sep 2010, 07:06

Turnbull gets Communications shodow portfolio.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 14 Sep 2010, 07:17

Bradman wrote:Yeah I think you're right. Sads me to say it that the biggest social changes (guns and Aborigines) came courtesy of Fraser and Howard. Mind you if Howard had been in opposition at the time of Port Arthur he probably would've marched with the SSA or The National Front.

I think Australia is doing better with and for Indigenous Australians. the COAG reforms recognise from the outset that the issues are complex and that closing the gaps in material and socio health and well being will take a generation. Sustained efforts are required from the communities in all States/territories and govts...in vixenville more kids are starting life on healthier platforms...more go to pre school and more are doing better at School...there are terrific initiatives that are helping - eg the Clontarf Academies have started in Victoria (good on that great wozzie gerard neesham) and participant kids are healthier and doing better at school.

The problem for everyone is that progress will continue to be glacial.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Tue 14 Sep 2010, 10:57

more go to pre school and more are doing better at School...there are terrific initiatives that are helping

Good news h.
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Number of posts : 7267
Registration date : 2007-09-11
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 14 Sep 2010, 22:24

agreed...but the benefits of all this is really restricted to kids under 14...we just have to keep our fingers crossed.

wonder if Embee knows anything about Clontarf...just started in Vix this year
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Tue 14 Sep 2010, 23:09

horace wrote:agreed...but the benefits of all this is really restricted to kids under 14...we just have to keep our fingers crossed.
I vaguely recall that the Jesuit priests used to spout 'Give me a child until the age of seven, and I'll give you a Jesuit for life.' Or something like that. Targeting the young kids is a great idea for this program, because it should - in theory - set the kids on a good path, with suitable foundations, for the rest of their life.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 14 Sep 2010, 23:15

spot on zat
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Tue 14 Sep 2010, 23:35

I vaguely recall that the Jesuit priests used to spout 'Give me a child until the age of seven, and I'll give you a Jesuit for life.'

Something like that Zat. Lifelong patterns are programmed very early. As horrie has said, tangible change can take a generation.
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Number of posts : 7267
Registration date : 2007-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Wed 15 Sep 2010, 00:41

horace wrote:agreed...but the benefits of all this is really restricted to kids under 14...we just have to keep our fingers crossed.

wonder if Embee knows anything about Clontarf...just started in Vix this year

From their website....

he Clontarf Foundation exists to improve the education, discipline, self esteem, life skills and employment prospects of young Aboriginal men and by doing so, equip them to participate more meaningfully in society.

These outcomes are achieved through the medium of football. Academies are formed in association with selected schools and colleges and each Academy’s football program attracts young Aboriginal men to school and helps to retain them.

We use the existing passion that Indigenous boys have for football to attract them to attend an Academy. Members are not selected on football ability; though obviously most of them have some aptitude for the game.

To remain in the Academy, members must consistently endeavour to:

• Attend school regularly
• Apply themselves to the study of appropriate courses
• Embrace the Academy’s requirements for behaviour and self-discipline

As well as coordinating the football program, Academy staff mentor and counsel students on a range of behavioural and lifestyle issues while the school caters for their specific educational needs.

Where are we?

Since opening its first Academy for 25 boys on the campus of the Clontarf Aboriginal College in Perth, Western Australia in 2000, the Foundation has grown rapidly and has been consistently successful.

We now cater for over 2,200 boys in 36 schools across Western Australia, Northern Territory and Victoria.

Benefits

There are broad social benefits resulting from the programs, with statistical and anecdotal evidence of improved educational attendance and outcomes.

In particular, students involved in our programs achieve the following outcomes

• Attendance at school greater than 80%
• Re-enter education after prolonged absences
• Year on year retention at school – not less than 90% (well above state averages)
• Enhanced self-esteem and self awareness
• Knowledge and experience gained to make healthy lifestyle decisions
• Set goals and persevere to achieve them
• Reduced cases of criminal re-offending
• Improved academic results (basic literacy and numeracy through to high school graduation)
• A greater understanding of, and access to, the employment opportunities available to them
• More than 75% of Clontarf graduates engaged in employment
embee
embee

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Wed 15 Sep 2010, 00:48

Looking through their staff members on the website it seems to be a good source of employment for ex Freo footballers
embee
embee

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed 15 Sep 2010, 02:36

ex footy types involved here too...Vic also has 3 dance academies for Indignous girls....set up here at the same time....I know the results are early but they are terrific....

neesham was always going to be a great bloke...

"NEESHAM, GERARD 1982, 9 games, 1 goal"...played for the bloods

-------

http://www.flamingbails.com/viewtopic.forum?t=9981
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40