Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just sent this email to Fox Sports.........

+2
Nath
Henry
6 posters

Go down

Just sent this email to Fox Sports......... Empty Just sent this email to Fox Sports.........

Post by Henry Sat 28 Aug 2010, 10:57

Not that it'll make any difference.....i'm just angry-

To whom it may concern

Can you please explain the logic to me of delaying your coverage of the cricket in England tonight (28/08) in order to show an AFL game (Swans v Brisbane) that is already being shown on free to air TV? What is the point of you showing the game as well as channel ten? This has happened before recently when you showed the Wallabies game instead of the cricket, despite channel seven already covering the rugby game.

Why not leave the AFL/Rugby coverage if it is already being shown on free to air, and give people something they can only watch on Fox? (the cricket).

Doesn't make sense! Surely not just in my eyes but from a ratings perspective as well!

Sincerely
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Just sent this email to Fox Sports......... Empty Re: Just sent this email to Fox Sports.........

Post by Nath Sat 28 Aug 2010, 11:09

it's not a fox broadcast issue. it's an afl tv rights issue. It's not the old days of Fox Footy Channel where they could split the feed for different states.
Nath
Nath

Number of posts : 11966
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Just sent this email to Fox Sports......... Empty Re: Just sent this email to Fox Sports.........

Post by skully Sat 28 Aug 2010, 11:25

A worthy effort Trev, but a pointless exercise. Since when do customers count?
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105925

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Sat 28 Aug 2010, 15:17

Henry wrote:Not that it'll make any difference.....i'm just angry-

To whom it may concern

Can you please explain the logic to me of delaying your coverage of the cricket in England tonight (28/08) in order to show an AFL game (Swans v Brisbane) that is already being shown on free to air TV? What is the point of you showing the game as well as channel ten? This has happened before recently when you showed the Wallabies game instead of the cricket, despite channel seven already covering the rugby game.

Why not leave the AFL/Rugby coverage if it is already being shown on free to air, and give people something they can only watch on Fox? (the cricket).

Doesn't make sense! Surely not just in my eyes but from a ratings perspective as well!

Sincerely

It was actually the Bullies/Dons match which was on free to air in the southern states.
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17071
Registration date : 2007-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Sat 28 Aug 2010, 18:41

Red wrote:

To whom it may concern

Sincerely

It was actually the Bullies/Dons match which was on free to air in the southern states.

Nice tits
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Sat 28 Aug 2010, 19:21

Red wrote:

To whom it may concern

Sincerely

Erm, i'm in Sydney and channel ten showed the Swans game. Nice tits.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Sun 29 Aug 2010, 10:40

Henry wrote:
Red wrote:

To whom it may concern

Sincerely

Erm, i'm in Sydney and channel ten showed the Swans game. Nice tits.
Nice tits, Trevor.

The AFL match on FTA TV differs depending on which state you're in. There are often situations where Swans matches are shown both on FTA TV and Fox in NSW. Likewise, it happens with Lions matches in Qld, Crows & Power matches in SA, and Eagles & Dockers matches in WA. For that, you can blame the Federal Governemnet's broadcasting laws.

Fox showed the Swans match live NATIONALLY, which Ten showed it live in NSW, and possibly QLD.

The same thing happens with Rugby, where Seven show it live (or at least live at the start, before stretching it out with ad beaks at every opportunity during the match) in NSW and QLD while Fox show it live NATIONALLY.

And I'd suggest more people in Australuia would be interested in watching the AFL and/or the Rugby than a one-sided, match-fixing-riddled series between England and Pakistan. Except for mincing, whingeing, complain-about-everything-Australian-at-all-cost-even-though-they-won't-f*ck-off-back-to-the-UK-even-though-they-seem-to-think-life-s-better-there types. Like you. Sook.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down