Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England Lions to play in West Indies 4 day competition

+3
DJ_Smerk
JKLever
WIFAN
7 posters

Go down

England Lions to play in West Indies 4 day competition Empty England Lions to play in West Indies 4 day competition

Post by WIFAN Sat 11 Sep 2010, 16:52

Nation News

Great news all around really. It's good exposure for the England lads and our youngsters get to face quality seam/swing bowling for once.

WIFAN
WIFAN

England Lions to play in West Indies 4 day competition 7EoDRAk

Number of posts : 2857
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : wi

Back to top Go down

England Lions to play in West Indies 4 day competition Empty Re: England Lions to play in West Indies 4 day competition

Post by JKLever Mon 13 Sep 2010, 00:05

Excellent, win win all round then
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

England Lions to play in West Indies 4 day competition Empty Re: England Lions to play in West Indies 4 day competition

Post by DJ_Smerk Mon 13 Sep 2010, 00:12

I hope Jimmy Harris gets a game. It's about time the Lions selectors stopped overlooking him. Yeah, so he didn't get any wickets against a travelling Bangladeshi side, big whoopwannafightaboutit - but the trip will be excellent for his development.

Plus, he's stated he has ambitions for England and is even considering moving counties.

By move counties he means move to division one.

How angry would you all be if you had a young Welsh potential playing in your side?
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Number of posts : 15938
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Mon 13 Sep 2010, 00:44

DJ_Smerk wrote:How angry would you all be if you had a young Welsh potential playing in your side?

I'd be fecking ecstatic if we nicked him off your lot.
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ_Smerk Mon 13 Sep 2010, 00:48

Harris should go to a county which will likely get him the recognition he deserves. Nottinghamshire/Durham/Yorkshire or Lancashire would be the best options.

He'll always be a Glamorgan player at heart (like Simon Jones) - but you've gotta do what you've gotta do.

Harris at Trent Bridge would be a handful.
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ_Smerk Mon 13 Sep 2010, 00:50

Basil wrote:
DJ_Smerk wrote:How angry would you all be if you had a young Welsh potential playing in your side?

I'd be fecking ecstatic if we nicked him off your lot.

I imagine you'll have to fork out a bit to get him. I'll be damned if Slurrey ever were to sign him. I'd never forgive him. We'll be finished.
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Thu 16 Sep 2010, 03:48

I don't know how much the Lions will benefit from this. From all reports, the standard of West Indian domestic cricket is pretty awful, and the pitches are pretty terrible as well. How will playing sub standard opposition on poor pitches be of any benefit to England's next in line cricketers?
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Thu 16 Sep 2010, 06:33

a classic glass half empty view of the world...i think it is an excellent move
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by kkf Thu 16 Sep 2010, 23:50

Henry wrote:I don't know how much the Lions will benefit from this. From all reports, the standard of West Indian domestic cricket is pretty awful, and the pitches are pretty terrible as well. How will playing sub standard opposition on poor pitches be of any benefit to England's next in line cricketers?

Possibly the chance for players to get the feeling of what it's like to tour a test playing country in conditions that they probably never played in before?

kkf

Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2007-12-27
Flag/Background : wi

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Fri 17 Sep 2010, 00:13

Well, the young Windies cricketers will benefit more than England's players. And that's fine. I want to see Windies cricket improving. From an English perspective though it seems like a big favour to the WICB.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down