Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Johnson "rested" from Adelaide- Chappell

+15
Mick Sawyer
Red
Bradman
skully
Big Dog
Blackadder
The One
Josh Carney
PeterCS
Zat
horace
Paul Keating
Gary 111
embee
Henry
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Johnson "rested" from Adelaide- Chappell Empty Johnson "rested" from Adelaide- Chappell

Post by Henry Mon 13 Dec 2010, 23:33

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/johnson-rested-for-adelaide-says-chappell-20101213-18vhf.html

'AUSTRALIA'S selectors have hit back at claims they are reactively chopping and changing the bowling attack, revealing that Mitchell Johnson had been scheduled to miss the Adelaide Test before the Ashes began.

Johnson was dreadfully out of form in the opening Test in Brisbane, and was seemingly dropped for the second game, but that was not the case, said new full-time selector Greg Chappell. He revealed that the hectic schedule of five Tests in seven weeks led the selectors to devise a rotation strategy.

''We didn't plan for Mitch to struggle in Brisbane, but certainly we had made plans beforehand to leave him out of the second Test because we felt the conditions would have suited Peter Siddle, Ryan Harris and Doug Bollinger,'' Chappell told the Herald.

Advertisement: Story continues below
''Mitch was certainly out of sorts. It was always dependent on form; if he had brained them in Brisbane, we would have given him consideration for Adelaide, but with five Tests in seven weeks, we felt we needed to mix and match the attack to suit the conditions. It is a marathon. '

Shocked

Believe that and you'll believe anything. Talk about a complete inability and reluctance to face up to their own problems and failings.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Johnson "rested" from Adelaide- Chappell Empty Re: Johnson "rested" from Adelaide- Chappell

Post by embee Mon 13 Dec 2010, 23:41

Greg Chappell ...solving Australia's "spin" problems ...
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26217
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Johnson "rested" from Adelaide- Chappell Empty Re: Johnson "rested" from Adelaide- Chappell

Post by Gary 111 Mon 13 Dec 2010, 23:59

Henry wrote:

''We didn't plan for Mitch to struggle in Brisbane, but certainly we had made plans beforehand to leave him out of the second Test because we felt the conditions would have suited Peter Siddle, Ryan Harris and Doug Bollinger,'' Chappell told the Herald.

Hmmm, England 620 for 5 declared. I would have hated to have seen Siddle, Harris and Bollinger bowl in conditions that didn't suit them.
Gary 111
Gary 111

Number of posts : 5717
Registration date : 2007-09-02

http://www.flamingbails.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Keating Tue 14 Dec 2010, 00:02

Hughes on inside cricket last night was hinting at the same suggestion that johnson was being rested.
Paul Keating
Paul Keating

Johnson "rested" from Adelaide- Chappell Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4663
Registration date : 2007-10-25
Flag/Background : wi

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary 111 Tue 14 Dec 2010, 00:04

Johnson truly is the new Harmison then if he's so p!ss weak he can't play two matches with a 3 day rest in between.
Gary 111
Gary 111

Number of posts : 5717
Registration date : 2007-09-02

http://www.flamingbails.com

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 14 Dec 2010, 00:25

no argument from here on that...has barely played any decent cricket since the fall out with his mum
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Tue 14 Dec 2010, 00:59

I read that article this morning and nearly sprayed coffee all over the paper. What a load of sh!t*.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Tue 14 Dec 2010, 01:41

Some people celebrate Christmas in July

the NSP is celebrating Aptil Fool's Day in December
embee
embee

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Tue 14 Dec 2010, 02:08

April Fool jokes don't really work if you're only fooling yourself.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Tue 14 Dec 2010, 02:09

Following that logic, they'll be stepping him down for two of the five days ...
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Tue 14 Dec 2010, 02:10

He should have been ARrested after Brizzy.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Carney Tue 14 Dec 2010, 02:56

Absolute garbage. Such denail and inability to face up to reality does not augur for any improved performances from the Aussie bowlers.

Josh Carney

Number of posts : 1751
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Tue 14 Dec 2010, 03:35

good to see greg chappell destroying another team he is supposed to be improving

The One

Number of posts : 9035
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackadder Tue 14 Dec 2010, 05:14

Nope it was destroyed long before GSC was on the scene.

Blackadder

Johnson "rested" from Adelaide- Chappell ZY4L4DZ

Number of posts : 3959
Registration date : 2008-12-27
Flag/Background : nsw

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Tue 14 Dec 2010, 07:01

Johnson was dreadfully out of form in the opening Test in Brisbane, and was seemingly dropped for the second game, but that was not the case, said new full-time selector Greg Chappell. He revealed that the hectic schedule of five Tests in seven weeks led the selectors to devise a rotation strategy.

If thats true then our NSP is even more crap...if thats possible.

I see Hodge gave Hilditch both barrels in the press today. I suspect the 'ex' players will be lining up when we get thumped in Perth.
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 14 Dec 2010, 07:10

Gary 111 wrote:Johnson truly is the new Harmison then if he's so p!ss weak he can't play two matches with a 3 day rest in between.
Sage, Gaz.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105986
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Tue 14 Dec 2010, 07:11

Someone was saying yesterday he shouldn't have his contract renewed after the next Gilly. FFS! They have to get rid of him now. Just how much pull does Bob Simpson still have?
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Tue 14 Dec 2010, 10:40

Of course Johnson was rested. Given that we're thumping the poms in the Ashes, it's a wise strategy by the NSP to be 'resting' players. If we were struggling we couldn't afford that luxury.
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17071
Registration date : 2007-10-28
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Wed 15 Dec 2010, 00:31

It's propoganda, I agree.

The truth is that Johnson required some serious remedial work, both on his action and his head. That couldn't all be achieved in the 3 days before Adelaide. Leaving him out of that game plus the Shield game for intense "therapy" could be a masterstroke. Then again, I could just be getting desperate.

Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Number of posts : 7267
Registration date : 2007-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Fri 17 Dec 2010, 07:07

Mick Sawyer wrote:It's propoganda, I agree.

The truth is that Johnson required some serious remedial work, both on his action and his head. That couldn't all be achieved in the 3 days before Adelaide. Leaving him out of that game plus the Shield game for intense "therapy" could be a masterstroke. Then again, I could just be getting desperate.

Kudos to the coaching staff.
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Number of posts : 7267
Registration date : 2007-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Fri 17 Dec 2010, 07:26

Mick Sawyer wrote:

Spanky asked the question the radio ...Why wasnt the work being done in September?

Good work he's got his inswing back ...

Conf of inswing gone in second innings
embee
embee

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Fri 17 Dec 2010, 07:27

embee wrote:
Mick Sawyer wrote:

Spanky asked the question the radio

Nice tits
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Fri 17 Dec 2010, 07:28

taipan wrote:
embee wrote:
Mick Sawyer wrote:

Nice tits

Stalker ...Dont you have subis to troll
embee
embee

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Fri 17 Dec 2010, 07:31

embee wrote:
taipan wrote:
embee wrote:
Mick Sawyer wrote:

Nice tits

Stalker ...Dont you have subis to troll

I fear they have left the building.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Fri 17 Dec 2010, 07:31

Mick Sawyer wrote:

I think he found his rhythm in the last Ashes series for one day as well.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next