Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantastic News for Oz Cricket

+4
JGK
skully
horace
embee
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Fantastic News for Oz Cricket  Empty Fantastic News for Oz Cricket

Post by embee Wed 07 Nov 2012, 04:06

JUSTIN Langer is set to be named WA's new coach within days following the resignation of Lachlan Stevens this morning.

Stevens' last match in charge will be WA's Ryobi Cup match against Victoria today. He advised the WACA of his decision not to seek re-appointment when his contract expired at the conclusion of this season and will return to his native Queensland.

PerthNow understands Stevens' replacement is Langer - Australia's assistant coach and batting coach.

Langer, 41, is a golden boy of West Australian cricket having played more than 50 first-class matches and is the state's highest ever run-scorer in four-day matches, passing Tom Moody's old record of 8853 back in 2007.

He captained the Warriors' one-day side in 43 matches from 1998 to 2007, a WA record.

"The timing of this announcement is not ideal during a season, but it was only fair for the WACA to begin the search for a permanent replacement since my future intentions have become clear," Stevens said.

The coaching drama follows the continued fallout from the Perth Scorchers' boozy night out in South Africa which saw a group of 15 celebrate Mitch Marsh's 21st birthday.

The majority of the Scorchers squad were hungover for the next day's training sessions, which affected their match against the Delhi Daredevils.

Former skipper Marcus North quit after the South African tour, but denied it was not linked to the incident.

Seven-Test batsman Shaun Marsh was sent back to play grade cricket for Fremantle, with the WACA also denying it was because of his part in the booze-gate affair.

"It was humbling to be given the chance to coach the Warriors and Scorchers and I thank the WACA as well as the players and staff for their support during my time here, especially in the past 12 months as head coach," Stevens said.

"Whilst the start of this season has been extremely challenging for all involved with the Warriors and Scorchers, I believe the past couple of seasons have been very rewarding and feel confident that we have laid foundations for a bright future.

"A fresh coaching structure and new programs will ensure a greater depth of State squad going forward."

WACA boss Christina Matthews thanked Stevens for his work.

"On behalf of the WACA I thank Lachlan for the dedication and commitment that he has shown to WA cricket in his time as both senior assistant and Head Coach of the Warriors and Scorchers."
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26217
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Fantastic News for Oz Cricket  Empty Re: Fantastic News for Oz Cricket

Post by embee Wed 07 Nov 2012, 04:09

Sad for Lachie ...handed a poisoned chalice ...

There have been rumours that the Warriors squad didnt want NLWL as coach ....guess they ran out of leverage ...(Apparently* he would be too tough on them(soft qunts))
embee
embee

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed 07 Nov 2012, 04:13

well I hope this is good news for the worriers...the loss of the BNLG as national batting coach is also a win for the nation
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 07 Nov 2012, 04:27

horace wrote:...the loss of the BNLG as national batting coach is also a win for the nation
I assumed this was A's point. Wink
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105985
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed 07 Nov 2012, 04:28

skully wrote:
horace wrote:...the loss of the BNLG as national batting coach is also a win for the nation
I assumed this was A's point. Wink

I am certain it was Cool
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed 07 Nov 2012, 04:33

worriers celebrate the news by slumping to 3/64 in the 18th
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed 07 Nov 2012, 04:47

4fer now as Ernie shows why he moved to WA
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Wed 07 Nov 2012, 05:19

You would have thought they the bio on Langer might make mention that he has scored more First Class runs than any other Australian.

I note that article doesn't make it clear that Langer will step down from his Aust role as well.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Wed 07 Nov 2012, 05:20

Just when WA thought their batting couldn't get any worse.....
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Wed 07 Nov 2012, 21:02

Holy sweet Jesus no. Talk on the wireless this morning saying Langer's move to a head coach role for WA is a stepping stone to replacing Mickey Arthur in due course.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed 07 Nov 2012, 23:26

totally bizarre...the bnlg would be a complete disaster,,,shirley the next two candidates would be Boof and Shipperd
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed 07 Nov 2012, 23:53

previous coach neilson came from the least successful state in oz croicket over the past 20 years..Micky comes from the 2nd worst State...given the woeful jellybacks look vastly superior to what worriers will be under bnlg, it is nutsoid to declare the g to be next coach of Oz
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath Thu 08 Nov 2012, 07:55

JGK wrote:Holy sweet Jesus no. Talk on the wireless this morning saying Langer's move to a head coach role for WA is a stepping stone to replacing Mickey Arthur in due course.

suicide
Nath
Nath

Number of posts : 11982
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Thu 08 Nov 2012, 12:31

Poms all hoping that NLWL enjoys such resounding success in three or four games with WA that he is catapulted into the seat in good time for the Ashes.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Wed 14 Nov 2012, 02:40

The Western Australian Cricket Association has today appointed former WA and Australian batsman Justin Langer as Head Coach of the Warriors and Perth Scorchers.

Langer, 41, will guide both teams for the remainder of the 2012-13 interstate cricket season and for a further three seasons. The former State Captain replaces Lachlan Stevens, who announced his resignation last week.

Langer has served as batting coach with the Australian team for the past three years. He took on the role shortly after he ended his playing career with Somerset at the 2009 Champions League Twenty20 in India.

One of the greats of WA cricket, Langer played 118 first class matches in 17 seasons and scored 9951 runs at 51.03, with 39 50s and 29 100s. He retired as the highest run-scorer for WA in first class cricket and was also the first WA player to reach 100 one-day matches for the State, scoring 3374 domestic runs at 38.78.

Langer represented his country in 105 Test matches, scoring 7696 runs at an average of 45.27, with 23 100s and 30 50s. He bowed out of international cricket on the highest possible note after playing a major role in Australia’s five-nil Ashes whitewash of England in 2006-07.

A proud and passionate West Australian, Langer played in two Sheffield Shield wins with the Warriors, captained a domestic one-day title-winning team, and took out the Gold Cup for the State’s most outstanding cricketer at all levels on three occasions.

WACA Chief Executive Officer Christina Matthews says Langer has all of the necessary ingredients to be a successful head coach.
"Justin’s strong character, work ethic, and passion for WA cricket make him an outstanding candidate for this position with the Warriors and Scorchers and it is great to have him on board,” Matthews said.

"Justin has served a lengthy apprenticeship under Tim Nielsen and Mickey Arthur with the Australian team, which has included series against the world’s best teams and ICC tournaments, and we believe this has prepared him well for a State coaching position.”

Langer thanked the WACA for giving him the opportunity to come home and coach the State and the team he is very passionate about.

"I am really thrilled to be taking up the position as Warriors and Scorchers Head Coach and feel that the energy for my work will be doubled now that I am back home around my family, my cricket friends and my personal friends,” Langer said.

"I have two main objectives. The first is to bring cricket back to life in Western Australia, and the second is to help these boys become men on and off the cricket field.

"I was very fortunate to serve an apprenticeship with the Australian team and I can’t wait to roll up my sleeves and get started on this new challenge at what promises to be an exciting time in WA cricket.”

Langer will start with the WACA immediately, with his first game at the helm to be in Saturday’s RYOBI One-Day Cup match between the Warriors and West End Redbacks at the WACA Ground.

Assistant Coach Adam Griffith will guide the Warriors for the remainder of the Bupa Sheffield Shield fixture currently in progress.

Fantastic News for Oz Cricket  121114_Langer_WACA
embee
embee

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Wed 14 Nov 2012, 02:42

Huzzah.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 14 Nov 2012, 02:45

Cue brick wall and Steve Waugh stories in the Sandy dressing room, spoken in a dawdling monotone.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed 14 Nov 2012, 02:57

ggggrr...poor worriers...still does not say whether the BNLG has resighned from his national sinecure...woops ...position
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 14 Nov 2012, 03:24

I would assume that would be the case, h. Coaching a Shield side is a full time role, shirley?
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed 14 Nov 2012, 03:31

it has been disturbingly not mentioned
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Wed 14 Nov 2012, 03:33

Stuey Law is replacing NLWL as Oz batting coach
embee
embee

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 14 Nov 2012, 03:42

Oh faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark!! The Assassin is not kidding!!!! That's us farked. Shocked

See here

"QUEENSLAND cricket legend Stuart Law is set to be unveiled as Australia's new batting coach, as Justin Langer leaves to take over the head coaching role in Western Australia."

----------------------------------------------

Dear God in Heaven!!! Shocked
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed 14 Nov 2012, 03:46

stoooooooooopid worrier administration
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 14 Nov 2012, 03:50

I think CA have trumped the Sandies on the shitty decision-making front. Still, it gives up someone to bag the bejezus out of if we suffer a batting slump in the coming Tests.

Slaw, FFS??? facepalm
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed 14 Nov 2012, 03:59

dire....no i blame the worriers for giving CA the opportunity to appoint slaw....woody is up there with simmo and hildy...yes A I know he is not at the waca anymore but his dire influence continues
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next