Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Islam - what is it all about?

+20
krikri
WideWally
Basil
skully
furriner
horace
Brass Monkey
spangler
Bradman
Lara Lara Laughs
tricycle
beamer
Chivalry Augustus
PeterCS
brockley
lardbucket
JGK
Ethics? The Gall!
taipan
Big Dog
24 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Islam - what is it all about? - Page 10 Empty Re: Islam - what is it all about?

Post by Big Dog Mon 25 Feb 2019, 08:07

The difference between speaking the truth & political correctness is a very fine line.
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Mon 25 Feb 2019, 08:23

horace wrote:There are repeated instances of bizarre posting on this subject from one poster. The views expressed are anathema to most posters and are at odds with the views expressed by some of our more conservative members like Taipan and Big Dog, both of whom express their views in a polite and considered way.

I would hate the Forum to be shut down because of one person. Perhaps he will desist. I hope so. When talking cricket he is  sensible and interesting.
Exactly, and it’s a cricket forum. You expect someone with these kind of views to be an angry, ranting troll on all topics, and that’s not the case, which is why it’s interesting, if rather unsettling, to read. There have clearly been personal experiences that have contributed to these views but only he knows exactly what those are. Maybe they’re best kept to his far-right forums, and stick to cricket here...

beamer

Number of posts : 15399
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Mon 25 Feb 2019, 08:26

Big Dog wrote:The difference between speaking the truth & political correctness is a very fine line.

By and large you are one of the more respectful posters here. DisAgree about the PC line though. I think your views accord more with prevailing norms than mine.
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Mon 25 Feb 2019, 08:28

beamer wrote:
horace wrote:There are repeated instances of bizarre posting on this subject from one poster. The views expressed are anathema to most posters and are at odds with the views expressed by some of our more conservative members like Taipan and Big Dog, both of whom express their views in a polite and considered way.

I would hate the Forum to be shut down because of one person. Perhaps he will desist. I hope so. When talking cricket he is  sensible and interesting.
Exactly, and it’s a cricket forum. You expect someone with these kind of views to be an angry, ranting troll on all topics, and that’s not the case, which is why it’s interesting, if rather unsettling, to read. There have clearly been personal experiences that have contributed to these views but only he knows exactly what those are. Maybe they’re best kept to his far-right forums, and stick to cricket here...

Good onya Basil
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Mon 25 Feb 2019, 08:41

horace wrote:
Big Dog wrote:The difference between speaking the truth & political correctness is a very fine line.

By and large you are one of the more respectful posters here. DisAgree about the PC line though. I think your views accord more with prevailing norms than mine.
The “truth” is whatever you believe it to be. “Political correctness” shouldn’t stop people voicing unpopular opinions, but when it’s getting uncomfortably close to someone advocating killing a quarter of the world’s population, that’s when lines have to be drawn.

beamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Mon 25 Feb 2019, 09:23

horace wrote:
beamer wrote:

Good onya Basil
Twas Beamer actually, you old goat.  Very Happy
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 25 Feb 2019, 09:30

goat
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105969
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Mon 25 Feb 2019, 09:43

Meh hey. Apologies to Beams. My eyesight, let alone brain is a bit but and miss these days.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 25 Feb 2019, 09:47

horace wrote:My eyesight, let alone brain is a bit but and miss these days.

I might make this my signature
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Mon 25 Feb 2019, 11:47

A few too many syllables for you Nigel. Fair play anyway!

I hate auto f-up on this phone. Think I need a braille phone!
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 25 Feb 2019, 12:08

Islam - what is it all about? - Page 10 4119PbO1iaLIslam - what is it all about? - Page 10 Z
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by whitburn Mon 25 Feb 2019, 15:50

Slovakia allows NO mosques and refuses to bow down to ANY Islamic demands. One of several countries that know what this cult does to anywhere it pollutes. Guess what guys? NO terror and little crime other than petty.
Just coincidence, i bet, if you ask the libtard pussies.

whitburn

Number of posts : 379
Registration date : 2009-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Mon 25 Feb 2019, 19:06

whitburn wrote:Slovakia allows NO mosques and refuses to bow down to ANY Islamic demands. One of several countries that know what this cult does to anywhere it pollutes. Guess what guys? NO terror and little crime other than petty.
Why don’t you go and live there then? Oh bugger... Brexit Laughing

I guess the standard of cricket’s a bit shit as well. You can’t have everything I suppose...

beamer

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Mon 25 Feb 2019, 21:38

Beams, this bloke according to the big cheese is jeopardizing the Forum. I suggest we no longer engage with him other than on cricket matters
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Mon 25 Feb 2019, 21:42

I did mention cricket in my previous post Wink

beamer

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Mon 25 Feb 2019, 21:51

beamer wrote:I did mention cricket in my previous post Wink

Hehehe. I did see that.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by whitburn Tue 26 Feb 2019, 09:09

Michael, my black friend (his colour is pointed out for the sake of the 2 pussies here) and i were talking about this subject last night at the pub in Gateshead. His take on it was as follows. (He is NOT a racist, he never has been). His words, as close as i can recall, where applicable..
1/ Islamophobia is a pointless and irrelevant collection of 12 letters as there is no such thing. A phobia is an irrational fear of something, whereas there is nothing irrational about fearing a cult which follows the teachings and principles of a mass-murdering paedophile. False God, too. It all gives young people endless crazy ideas.
There is nothing irrational about fearing an ideology where child sex, child marriage, female genital mutilation, (often with no anaesthetic), animal ritual torture, gay abuse and murder, women oppression, forced marriage, animal brutal religious sacrifice and dog torture, maiming and murder are all seen to be absolutely fine. Even Horace and Basil should be able to grasp that. As dim and snowflake leftist as they are.
2/ His dad knew Lebanon when it was a largely happy and safe country. Islam has changed it into a messy, poor, trouble-strewn shit hole, to use his words. (I've not been but i do have a FB friend there and she indeed tells a story of daily survival amongst evil murdering Moslems.)
3/ Child abuse in this country has risen out of all proportion and the massive rise in Moslems is the reason. Of over 100 child sex court cases we researched online involving over 600 people, just 13 were names like Smith and Jones. The rest were mainly Mohammed or variants of that spelling, Sadiq, Iqbal and, well, you get the pattern unless you are ten miles left of Corbyn. (Knife crime, rape and other serious crime has soared in London since sad dick khan took over.) It isn't rocket science who is doing most of it guys.
He knows the score as i do because, like me, he isn't Tory or Labour or UKIP or anyone else, he's him, a good and decent man who reluctantly votes for who he dislikes least, pretty much as i do. Too many people pick a party then follow it 100% even though they don't like aspects of it, they carry on, just like Labour voters never criticise the many bad aspects of Islam. When and if their child is buggered and killed they may think differently, as happened to a poor family up this way in 2017 by yet more scummy maniac Muzzrats..
The question was what is Islam? It's a vile ideology and cult and where other religions have moved on in 99.9% of cases, a huge % of Moslems still follow the Quran to the letter and think that terror is fine. 72 virgins awaiting them and all that. Many are that brainwashed from the cradle into this bullshit that they actually believe in it all. Including 72 pure women. Pathetic.
72 virgins? Give me ONE screaming whore instead, thanks very much!

whitburn

Number of posts : 379
Registration date : 2009-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 26 Feb 2019, 09:49

Just crawl under your rock.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 26 Feb 2019, 11:16

whitburn, while I support your right to free speech and have no real issue with what you are posting, you have to understand that this is a public forum owned by private hosts.

It has been made clear to us over the years that the hosts won't tolerate hate speech (whether you believe what you are posting is hate speech or not). If any member of our forum or those that look in occasionally (including the hosts) believe it is hate speech, the hosts can shut us down.

Many of us have been here since the beginning (August 2007) and enjoy it as a place to come for a chat about the great game and many other off topic matters. We don't want to lose that outlet.

I like your take on many topics, particularly cricket and hope you stay around with us for a good while. But you really need to tone down your stance on here re: Islam and how you deal with people who disagree with you.

Please don't take offence. I am not trying to lecture you, rather school you on the history of the sensibilities of this forum.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Growler Wed 27 Feb 2019, 00:48

skully wrote:whitburn, while I support your right to free speech and have no real issue with what you are posting, you have to understand that this is a public forum owned by private hosts.

It has been made clear to us over the years that the hosts won't tolerate hate speech (whether you believe what you are posting is hate speech or not). If any member of our forum or those that look in occasionally (including the hosts) believe it is hate speech, the hosts can shut us down.

Many of us have been here since the beginning (August 2007) and enjoy it as a place to come for a chat about the great game and many other off topic matters. We don't want to lose that outlet.

I like your take on many topics, particularly cricket and hope you stay around with us for a good while. But you really need to tone down your stance on here re: Islam and how you deal with people who disagree with you.

Please don't take offence. I am not trying to lecture you, rather school you on the history of the sensibilities of this forum.

skulls - couldn't agree more with this post.

whitburn - whilst I think you raise some valid issues with certain aspects of Islam in general, and specifically in the UK, I have to say that the tone of your postings concerns me also.

There is an awful lot of shit stirring by much of the mainstream press, but on the other hand  it is a matter of record that more than one paedophile ring was not investigated at an early stage because various public officials shied away from being accused of racism/Islamophobia. i'd like to see halal slaughter banned, and there's evidence now that generations of arranged (not necessarily forced) marriages between cousins is resulting in an inordinate number of birth defects.

All that said, most of the violence in this country isn't related to Islam - it's home grown, and if the authorities really gave a rats about it they'd join the dots and ask themselves why almost all perpetrators have a history of drug use, be it illegal skunk, steroids or legally prescribed anti-depressants. Even most of what's classified as "Islamic Terror" isn't driven by Islam, it's driven by mental illness in my humble opinion.

Finally, there's nothing wrong with vigorous disagreements - but they don't have to end with ill-feeling, my friend. I've been on here a long time, and I'm politically opposite of many posters on here - most especially on the subject of Western policy and actions concerning Vladimir Putin and Russia. That subject has been quiet recently, but whilst I've been in a minority of one, i'm proud of the fact that I've not had a serious falling out with anyone on here.

Fight your corner - but please don't inadvertently have the site taken down.
Growler
Growler

Islam - what is it all about? - Page 10 MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2286
Registration date : 2007-10-13
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed 27 Feb 2019, 01:16

Well said Growler and Skullywag.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Wed 27 Feb 2019, 04:42

whitburn wrote:Slovakia allows NO mosques and refuses to bow down to ANY Islamic demands. One of several countries that know what this cult does to anywhere it pollutes. Guess what guys? NO terror and little crime other than petty.

Isn't the percentage of the Slovakian population that is Islamic something like "the two old blokes who run that kebab shop in Nitra."?
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Wed 27 Feb 2019, 07:02

horace wrote:Well said Growler and Skullywag.
Seconded.
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Thu 28 Feb 2019, 06:00

taipan wrote:So a simple cop out?

Should the jihadi bitch be allowed back into the Uk?

Should she get the sympathy of the U.K. Public?

Did you actually vote on Brexit?

Looks like she is going to be let back in. Britainistan takes another step towards the thin edge of the wedge.
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Thu 28 Feb 2019, 07:25

Isn't the point that she was Britiain's problem so Britain needs to take ownership of it rather than dump her on Bangladesh FFS.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next