Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blast at Manchester Ariana Grande concert

+12
Aditya
Chivalry Augustus
horace
PeterCS
lardbucket
taipan
Big Dog
Basil
Bradman
tricycle
JGK
skully
16 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Blast at Manchester Ariana Grande concert - Page 2 Empty Re: Blast at Manchester Ariana Grande concert

Post by lardbucket Fri 26 May 2017, 23:19

Good post Horrie.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38119
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Blast at Manchester Ariana Grande concert - Page 2 Empty Re: Blast at Manchester Ariana Grande concert

Post by Bradman Sat 27 May 2017, 00:52

horace wrote:Aditya in curate's egg moment. 

Several points bear emphasis. 

The bombings are ghastly but no more nor less so than the summary slaughter of hundreds of thousands in Iraq, Syria and other parts of the middle east as well as Africa since the Bush/Howard/Blair criminal invasion of Iraq. The only difference is the media attention that privileges the killing of young English kids over young kids from other countries.

Religion is a complete pox on humanity. The standard requirement to respect religious belief is a toxic nonsense. 

If I was a psychiatrist I would respect my patient, but I would treat their bipolar disorder. 

In this hideous time it is important to respect people but to contest the various delusions about the existence of sky demons, be these expressed as hinduism, christianity, buddhism, islam or dreamtime.

I got myself banned (which was the plan) from speaking at schools when I suggested to a class of micks and their feral parents that a rainbow serpent was more plausible than a virgin birth or a resurrection. I'd call the dreamtime less a religion than an ancient mapping system and form of land tenure. Though I'm in a minority of one on this.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sat 27 May 2017, 01:28

I don't think you're in a minority. Not of one, anyway.

Perhaps our indigenous people are much more honest than adherents of conventionally-recognised religions in their recognition of ancient stories as being meaningful allegories, not absolute truths to be 'farmed' and cynically utilised as marshalling cries in sectarian and inter-cultural conflict?

116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Sat 27 May 2017, 01:42

goodonya qmy....hahaha about being banned for school talks. Agree about the openly allegorical nature for many Aboriginal folk when discussing dreamtime.
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Sat 27 May 2017, 02:38

Nailed it lardy amd h. You can use words like myth and folklore when talking with them without a fatwa or excommunication in sight.

Just don't do it around the hangers on. Though you'd probably enjoy the ensuing shut fight.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sat 27 May 2017, 02:42

Bradman wrote:shut fight.

new term for Bledisloe Cup?

116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Sat 27 May 2017, 02:45

I thought about correcting it but there's never a bad to hang shut on kiwis.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Sun 28 May 2017, 08:58

Meanwhile, events continue to show that all races, creeds and religions are full of oxygen chiefs:

http://www.smh.com.au/world/final-act-of-bravery-men-fatally-stabbed-trying-to-stop-antimuslim-rants-20170528-gweqfc.html

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sun 28 May 2017, 09:47

... the Venn diagram of people shows Total Qunts overlapping all sorts of believers, and non-believers too.

116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Sun 04 Jun 2017, 01:17

Major incident last night with a van driving into pedestrians London Bridge and separately stabbings nearby at Borough Markets.

Details still pretty unclear including as to whether they have caught the perpetrators or how many fatalities there might be.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Sun 04 Jun 2017, 02:18

One is confirmed dead and at least twenty are reported to be injured.
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17071
Registration date : 2007-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Sun 04 Jun 2017, 02:46

The Sun is saying 7 dead - hopefully that includes 3 of the attackers who seem to have been shot by police.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sun 04 Jun 2017, 02:51

:-(

116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Sun 04 Jun 2017, 04:22

The Hun is saying nine dead, including the three attackers. The latter allegedly yelled '"This is for Allah".
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17071
Registration date : 2007-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Sun 04 Jun 2017, 06:06

Suspects killed within eight minutes of alarm being raised.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Sun 04 Jun 2017, 09:08

Only eight days into Ramadan & already between 149 & 451 murders worldwide (depending on whose stats you believe). Seems these deluded bastards think they score extra brownie points in paradise if they martyr themselves during their holy month. In the meantime western leaders throw up their hands in horror, lay wreaths & sing kumbaya & watch as the death toll rises. None of them have the guts to confront the real problem that Islamic ideology is incompatible with western culture & values & the two can never successfully co-exist.
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sun 04 Jun 2017, 09:15

Qunt culture is incompatible with culture of any kind.

these people are qunts, they're no more compatible with Arabic or Persian or Turkish civilisation than with a western civilisation; in fact they cause more trouble within their own environment than in the Western Hemisphere.

You omitted to mention that it's only RADICAL Islamic ideology that is incompatible with any other way of life.

116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Sun 04 Jun 2017, 09:34

lardbucket wrote:Qunt culture is incompatible with culture of any kind.

these people are qunts, they're no more compatible with Arabic or Persian or Turkish civilisation than with a western civilisation; in fact they cause more trouble within their own environment than in the Western Hemisphere.

You omitted to mention that it's only RADICAL Islamic ideology that is incompatible with any other way of life.

I don't think that is true. All Muslims are indoctrinated from birth to believe that theirs is the ONLY true belief & all others are Kafirs or Infidels and are therefore subservient & inferior. We don't see this attitude so much in Australia as Muslims are still only 3% of the population but it is very evident in western countries in Europe with large Muslim populations.
Big Dog
Big Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Sun 04 Jun 2017, 09:53

Do Muslims accept same sex marriages?
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sun 04 Jun 2017, 10:04

Big Dog wrote:

I don't think that is true. All Muslims are indoctrinated from birth to believe that theirs is the ONLY true belief & all others are Kafirs or Infidels and are therefore subservient & inferior. We don't see this attitude so much in Australia as Muslims are still only 3% of the population but it is very evident in western countries in Europe with large Muslim populations.

You don't think it's true, but in my opinion you've got this badly wrong, and your attitude is precisely the attitude that the terrorists wish to foster.

116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Sun 04 Jun 2017, 10:11

taipan wrote:Do Muslims accept same sex marriages?

Well, they throw Gays off the top of buildings so i guess not.
What Muslims in the west want is to create parallel societies with Sharia controlling Muslim society. This is evident by the fact that all major western cities have muslim controlled no go zones & while our gutless politicians deny this, it is fact. It was interesting to note that Trump was lambasted in Britain for suggesting this but there are plenty of pics online showing illegal signposts erected declaring areas of London, Birmingham & Manchester as Sharia zones & these areas controlled by muslim thugs.
Big Dog
Big Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Sun 04 Jun 2017, 10:13

lardbucket wrote:
Big Dog wrote:

You don't think it's true, but in my opinion you've got this badly wrong, and your attitude is precisely the attitude that the terrorists wish to foster.

I'll let the death toll prove my point.
Big Dog
Big Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sun 04 Jun 2017, 10:17

Big Dog wrote:
lardbucket wrote:
Big Dog wrote:

The death toll is heaviest in Muslim countries, so it doesn't even support your 'point', let alone prove it.

Moderate Muslims remain at vastly greater risk from radical Muslims than we 'Westerners' are. It's a point you studiously refuse to acknowledge, every time you slander the vast majority of Muslims, the vast majority of whom will be just as upset and distressed by events in England overnight as we are.

116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Sun 04 Jun 2017, 10:23

lardbucket wrote:
Big Dog wrote:
lardbucket wrote:
Big Dog wrote:

The death toll is heaviest in Muslim countries, so it doesn't even support your 'point', let alone prove it.

Moderate Muslims remain at vastly greater risk from radical Muslims than we 'Westerners' are.  It's a point you studiously refuse to acknowledge, every time you slander the vast majority of Muslims, the vast majority of whom will be just as upset and distressed by events in England overnight as we are.

Shouldn't that be libel?
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Sun 04 Jun 2017, 10:31

lardbucket wrote:
Big Dog wrote:
lardbucket wrote:
Big Dog wrote:

Moderate Muslims remain at vastly greater risk from radical Muslims than we 'Westerners' are.  It's a point you studiously refuse to acknowledge, every time you slander the vast majority of Muslims, the vast majority of whom will be just as upset and distressed by events in England overnight as we are.

....and yet the usual response from muslim leaders after these attacks is invariably a deathly silence. The point you make about so called moderate muslims may be valid in Muslim countries but my point was made specifically about the west. I remain suspicious about crocodile tears from muslims in the west after theses attacks, as to decry them would seem to go against the dictates of the Koran. I suggest you aquaint yourself with the term Taqiyya.
Big Dog
Big Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next