Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFL 2018

+10
lardbucket
Nath
Blackadder
skully
Big Dog
Fred Nerk
horace
Bradman
embee
Red
14 posters

Page 13 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next

Go down

AFL 2018 - Page 13 Empty Re: AFL 2018

Post by lardbucket Wed 11 Jul 2018, 06:31

Red, this is the thread on which to demonstrate football ignorance. There are other threads on which it would be more apt to demonstrate your political naïveté. Don’t give away all your secrets at once!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38112
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed 11 Jul 2018, 06:45

lardbucket wrote:Red, this is the thread on which to demonstrate football ignorance. There are other threads on which it would be more apt to demonstrate your political naïveté. Don’t give away all your secrets at once!

That is mean L.
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 11 Jul 2018, 06:51

I am 100% behind Red's right to express whatever opinion she chooses, but there are times when it's like she deliberately paints a target on her forehead. shrug
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105969
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed 11 Jul 2018, 06:57

skully wrote:I am 100% behind Red's right to express whatever opinion she chooses, but there are times when it's like she deliberately paints a target on her forehead. shrug

Agree. Sometimes when I have had too much gin or not enough, I think Red hails from the middle of the MMs electorate.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 11 Jul 2018, 07:14

I think she'd be horrified and massively offended by that accusation. Cool
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Wed 11 Jul 2018, 08:27

skully wrote:
Red wrote:
skully wrote:
Red wrote:
skully wrote:It's the Labor way. Promise the world with uncosted gifts at the expense of the budget and deficit, and tell a million lies about the Good Guys along the way. Shorten is the qunt at the top of the Pinko Vagina tree.

I'm amazed they haven't trotted out the Medi-scare campaign again. Give 'em time but.

It's sad that the electorate falls for it.

A bit disingenuous Skully. The Libs are also guilty of uncosted promises and at a time of ballooning debt have promised unsustainable tax cuts for political expedience and this despite the so-called budget emergency they ran as a scare campaign.  If Labor spends more, it's often because they are are doing something. In Victoria, Andrews for all his criticism from the right, actually gets things done. Meanwhile Guy comes up with pie in the sky programs desperately searching for political relevance.

Forgive me, Red, but that coming from a rusted on Pinko like you hardly rings with any genuineness. The Libs repair the Pinko cocked-up books, then the Pinks fark them up again real quick with their Pinko Maths.

It's pretty easy to repair the books if that is what they do when you do stuff all yourself. The previous Lib state govt. was elected on a platform of public transport, but did nothing except at the last minute signed this perilous deal for the East-West link which voters said they didn't want. They ensured that their business mates profited when Andrews quite rightly discarded the deal which had no business case.

BTW, the whole Libs are better economic managers is a myth. Experts will tell you that Costello wasted the boom times for us, though of course we did spend money funding Howard's marriage with the coalition of the willing. During the Global economic crisis, Labor kept us afloat.  And the same Costello does not agree with the tax cuts the Feds are currently offering. Amazing they can do this amidst a so-called budget emergency which they never repaired.  They prefer to extend the deficit.

Rusted.on.tight.

PMSL. Very easy to "Keep us afloat" when they had a whacking great surplus left by the Libs to spend. Those same Pinkos turned that $50 Bill Surplus into a $250 Bill Deficit in 3 short years and turned our welfare budget into a 3rd world debt-sized monster basket case. Yup, cracking financial managers. Geez Louise, do me a favour.  Rolling Eyes

A Victorian teacher (as rusted as they come) is the last person that is in a position to give advice on the virtues of the Libs. Rolling Eyes

Time to get out and do some Vic Pinko fundraising, isn't it?

A surplus generated by a mining boom, which was once in a generation. The economic experts have repeatedly said that that surplus should have been used to build infrastructure for the future, creating jobs as a bonus. Instead anything they spent was on middle class largesse which is now impossible to dismantle without committing political suicide.

I am not a rabid pinko anyway, but am certainly not right of centre. Anyone who votes libs who is not financially endowed or one of their business mates is naive and being conned.

I don't care what people think of my political views and generally their assertions on people's credentials in this area are aligned with their voting allegiances in any case. Most people here seem to be right wing and probably think that trickle-down economics works.

Last edited by Red on Wed 11 Jul 2018, 08:36; edited 1 time in total
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17071
Registration date : 2007-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Wed 11 Jul 2018, 08:35

lardbucket wrote:Red, this is the thread on which to demonstrate football ignorance. There are other threads on which it would be more apt to demonstrate your political naïveté. Don’t give away all your secrets at once!

Of that I have none, though everyone here is biased to some extent.
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 11 Jul 2018, 09:23

I think you need a good poo, Red. You are very, very full at the moment.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Wed 11 Jul 2018, 09:26

"Most people here seem to be right wing and probably think that trickle-down economics works"

... funniest thing I've seen on here in years

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38112

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath Sat 14 Jul 2018, 07:10

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Mad Mad Mad
Nath
Nath

Number of posts : 11974
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Sat 14 Jul 2018, 07:27

Nath wrote:Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Mad Mad Mad

How embarrassing Twisted Evil
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath Sat 14 Jul 2018, 08:01

Big Dog wrote:
Nath wrote:Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Mad Mad Mad

How embarrassing Twisted Evil  

indeed. we don't deserve to play finals (if we scrape in). we like to let our ex-coaches beat us, for some reason.
Nath
Nath

Number of posts : 11974
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Sat 14 Jul 2018, 08:11

Red wrote:
skully wrote:
Red wrote:
skully wrote:
Red wrote:
skully wrote:It's the Labor way. Promise the world with uncosted gifts at the expense of the budget and deficit, and tell a million lies about the Good Guys along the way. Shorten is the qunt at the top of the Pinko Vagina tree.

I'm amazed they haven't trotted out the Medi-scare campaign again. Give 'em time but.

It's sad that the electorate falls for it.

A bit disingenuous Skully. The Libs are also guilty of uncosted promises and at a time of ballooning debt have promised unsustainable tax cuts for political expedience and this despite the so-called budget emergency they ran as a scare campaign.  If Labor spends more, it's often because they are are doing something. In Victoria, Andrews for all his criticism from the right, actually gets things done. Meanwhile Guy comes up with pie in the sky programs desperately searching for political relevance.

Forgive me, Red, but that coming from a rusted on Pinko like you hardly rings with any genuineness. The Libs repair the Pinko cocked-up books, then the Pinks fark them up again real quick with their Pinko Maths.

It's pretty easy to repair the books if that is what they do when you do stuff all yourself. The previous Lib state govt. was elected on a platform of public transport, but did nothing except at the last minute signed this perilous deal for the East-West link which voters said they didn't want. They ensured that their business mates profited when Andrews quite rightly discarded the deal which had no business case.

BTW, the whole Libs are better economic managers is a myth. Experts will tell you that Costello wasted the boom times for us, though of course we did spend money funding Howard's marriage with the coalition of the willing. During the Global economic crisis, Labor kept us afloat.  And the same Costello does not agree with the tax cuts the Feds are currently offering. Amazing they can do this amidst a so-called budget emergency which they never repaired.  They prefer to extend the deficit.

Rusted.on.tight.

PMSL. Very easy to "Keep us afloat" when they had a whacking great surplus left by the Libs to spend. Those same Pinkos turned that $50 Bill Surplus into a $250 Bill Deficit in 3 short years and turned our welfare budget into a 3rd world debt-sized monster basket case. Yup, cracking financial managers. Geez Louise, do me a favour.  Rolling Eyes

A Victorian teacher (as rusted as they come) is the last person that is in a position to give advice on the virtues of the Libs. Rolling Eyes

Time to get out and do some Vic Pinko fundraising, isn't it?

A surplus generated by a mining boom, which was once in a generation. The economic experts have repeatedly said that that surplus should have been used to build infrastructure for the future, creating jobs as a bonus. Instead anything they spent was on middle class largesse which is now impossible to dismantle without committing political suicide.

I am not a rabid pinko anyway, but am certainly not right of centre. Anyone who votes libs who is not financially endowed or one of their business mates is naive and being conned.

I don't care what people think of my political views and generally their assertions on people's credentials in this area are aligned with their voting allegiances in any case. Most people here seem to be right wing and probably think that trickle-down economics works.

Alright red. That was pretty good. Got a half mongrel reading it
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Sun 15 Jul 2018, 00:12

Great effort from the Brions. Lots of terrific kids in their team. No doubt Vic teams will try and nick them.

Other good win was from the Giants who have a number of missing players. The Tigers increasingly look like Oz cricket team and gcspoc. They are complete FTBs. Their coach conceded this at his presser, complacently noting they play most of their games at the G and that is where the GF is staged. I like Hardwick but he lost points with that remark.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Sun 15 Jul 2018, 04:24

Tigs played like they normally do and Cantstandya kicked awfully at goal (5 points and a couple that missed everything) 

If he kicked straight with one of them no one would GAF 

We are consistently playing the best football in the AFL but we arent unbeatable 

(Margetts showed up as being an awful ump again)
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26215
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Sun 15 Jul 2018, 11:24

embee wrote:Tigs played like they normally do and Cantstandya kicked awfully at goal (5 points and a couple that missed everything) 

We are consistently playing the best football in the AFL but we arent unbeatable 

The last team to beat the Tiggers at the G was the Bloods. Tiggers are in great form and will canter in the Grannie.

Six of the round's winners were non Vic teams. McGuire will demand an Inquiry and the AFL will accede.

I'm very happy my mob got up. Half of today's team are NEAFL standard players plus we lost Kennedy before half time.

Really pleased the Pies copped a hiding. They finally met an above average team. McGuire whine about the need for the draw to be better organised.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Sun 15 Jul 2018, 12:09

horace wrote:
embee wrote:Tigs played like they normally do and Cantstandya kicked awfully at goal (5 points and a couple that missed everything) 

The last team to beat the Tiggers at the G was the Bloods. Tiggers are in great form and will canter in the Grannie.

Six of the round's winners were non Vic teams. McGuire will demand an Inquiry and the AFL will accede.

I'm very happy my mob got up. Half of today's team are NEAFL standard players plus we lost Kennedy before half time.

Really pleased the Pies copped a hiding. They finally met an above average team. McGuire whine about the need for the draw to be better organised.

Hardly surprising after watching the Weagles recently. They are big-bodied and highly skilled. With Cox pulling out we were further undermanned. His loss is a bridge too far. Injuries have totally derailed our season. We have vanila midgets, clanger runts and brumbies filling holes atm.

Nic Nat's likely season-ending knee issue means it's opening up for the Tigers again. They have copped a few injuries lately but never too their big five - Martin, Cotchin, Nankervis, Riewoldt and Rance.
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Sun 15 Jul 2018, 13:05

Notacluey is overrated ...

Lycett and Vardy will step up for the weagles 

a shame Cox was injured for the Pies ...an Eagles loss would have convinced them they are shit at the G ...now they have hope

The Freo Port second quarter will go down as the worst quarter in AFL history not involving Carlton 

0.7 to 0.0
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26215
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Sat 21 Jul 2018, 14:55

Costly fade-out for the Dees.

Pies an important win, but Swans misfired against the lowly Goweld Coast.
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Sat 21 Jul 2018, 22:46

Barely recovered from yesterday's flogging of my mob by the injury riddled GoCo. We will not make the finals this year.

Time for the Mule to contemplate another career.

Even given 12 of our players debuted in past two and a half years, there are no factors that excuse this loss.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Sun 22 Jul 2018, 00:46

horace wrote:Barely recovered from yesterday's flogging of my mob by the injury riddled GoCo. We will not make the finals this year.

Even given 12 of our players debuted in past two and a half years, there are no factors that excuse this loss.

Yes, it was a shocker that people didn't see coming, but you can certainly still make finals.
Red
Red

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Sun 22 Jul 2018, 07:46

horace wrote:Barely recovered from yesterday's flogging of my mob by the injury riddled GoCo. We will not make the finals this year.

AFL 2018 - Page 13 2-1
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sun 22 Jul 2018, 08:34

Embarrassingly complacent after a lightning start.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Sun 22 Jul 2018, 11:06

Made me nostalgic for the times when we were woeful weeks on end.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Sun 22 Jul 2018, 11:07

Made me nostalgic for the times when we were woeful weeks on end.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next