Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spin bowling definitions?

+2
taipan
whitburn
6 posters

Go down

Spin bowling definitions? Empty Spin bowling definitions?

Post by whitburn Thu 06 Dec 2018, 16:25

If a right arm leg spinner gets the ball to move away from a left handed batsman we call it a googly.
Now i don't believe there are too many left armers bowling unorthodox in test matches but if they managed to get the ball to move into a left handed batsman what is that ball called? Is it simply a 'wrong-un' or is there an LH equivalent of the googly?

whitburn

Number of posts : 379
Registration date : 2009-04-03
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Spin bowling definitions? Empty Re: Spin bowling definitions?

Post by whitburn Thu 06 Dec 2018, 16:26

The Chinaman is the usual delivery of the left arm unorthodox i presume?

whitburn

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu 06 Dec 2018, 18:21

whitburn wrote:The Chinaman is the usual delivery of the left arm unorthodox i presume?

The PC brigade has banned that term.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Thu 06 Dec 2018, 20:53

Just like 'white trash' is no longer used.
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 06 Dec 2018, 22:06

whitburn wrote:Is it simply a 'wrong-un' or is there an LH equivalent of the googly?

It's just a "wrong'un". Brad Hogg and Michael Bevan are two "recent" exponents of chinaman bowling, along with the wrong'un. Hogg had a particularly hard to pick wrong'un.

I also remember a famous dismissal with a chinaman wrong'un at the SCG. Bevan coaxed a nick from Carl Hooper with the wrong'un (turned from leg to off) with the ball flying quickly to Mark Taylor at slip. He parried the ball and fell back, in the process kicking the ball with his foot before it hit the ground, and catching the rebound.

Here tis...

skully
skully

Number of posts : 105981
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by whitburn Fri 07 Dec 2018, 11:59

taipan wrote:
whitburn wrote:The Chinaman is the usual delivery of the left arm unorthodox i presume?

I am hoping you are kidding me but then Christmas has been toned right down at my daughter's school in case it offends a certain cult so i wouldn't put anything past the snowflakes who don't know which loo to fkng use but they implement our rules and laws all the same.

whitburn

Back to top Go down

Post by whitburn Fri 07 Dec 2018, 12:01

skully wrote:
whitburn wrote:Is it simply a 'wrong-un' or is there an LH equivalent of the googly?

It's just a "wrong'un". Brad Hogg and Michael Bevan are two "recent" exponents of chinaman bowling, along with the wrong'un. Hogg had a particularly hard to pick wrong'un.

I also remember a famous dismissal with a chinaman wrong'un at the SCG. Bevan coaxed a nick from Carl Hooper with the wrong'un (turned from leg to off) with the ball flying quickly to Mark Taylor at slip. He parried the ball and fell back, in the process kicking the ball with his foot before it hit the ground, and catching the rebound.

Here tis...

Great one and thanks for the reply sir.

whitburn

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Fri 07 Dec 2018, 12:11

whitburn wrote:
taipan wrote:

I am hoping you are kidding me but then Christmas has been toned right down at my daughter's school in case it offends a certain cult so i wouldn't put anything past the snowflakes who don't know which loo to fkng use but they implement our rules and laws all the same.

Would I joke about something so serious!
https://www.google.co.za/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/sport/2017/mar/28/the-spin-cricket-chinaman-phrase
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by whitburn Mon 10 Dec 2018, 20:50

taipan wrote:
whitburn wrote:
taipan wrote:

https://www.google.co.za/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/sport/2017/mar/28/the-spin-cricket-chinaman-phrase

Is it any wonder a record number of under 20s now don't know what sex they are, are easily offended by anything and everything, have bi polar, ADHD, depression, etc., is it any wonder half of them would rather march against lettuce because someone told them it was racist than celebrate Christmas and face the world and people head on and create a good life for themselves? We will end up jailing people for swearing at this rate. When i was 14 i told my dad i'd been pushed and called names at school by the local bully and he told me to grow a pair and hit him back. I did and it all stopped. FFS stop banning everything and being offended by everything.

whitburn

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Tue 11 Dec 2018, 06:17

taipan wrote:
whitburn wrote:
taipan wrote:

Thats the sort of article you expect to see in the Guardian.
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Fri 14 Dec 2018, 20:01

whitburn wrote:
taipan wrote:
whitburn wrote:
taipan wrote:

Is it any wonder a record number of under 20s now don't know what sex they are, are easily offended by anything and everything, have bi polar, ADHD, depression, etc., is it any wonder half of them would rather march against lettuce because someone told them it was racist than celebrate Christmas and face the world and people head on and create a good life for themselves? We will end up jailing people for swearing at this rate. When i was 14 i told my dad i'd been pushed and called names at school by the local bully and he told me to grow a pair and hit him back. I did and it all stopped. FFS stop banning everything and being offended by everything.
Are you hellbent own turning every thread on here into a Breitbart editorial?
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down