Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A thread for old-timers (say hello!)

+5
skully
Dello
PeterCS
furriner
Lara Lara Laughs
9 posters

Go down

A thread for old-timers (say hello!) Empty A thread for old-timers (say hello!)

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Mon 28 Dec 2020, 10:54

Just a thought; those that don’t frequent the forum as much anymore - perhaps we should dedicate a thread for drop-in or long absence posts. Say you haven’t logged in for years, next time you do, plop a post in here. Hence, even if it’s been years, next time you login, you will be able to see if the likes of Wide Wally, vilkrang, Dello and many more have been in. You can then reply to their ancient message and wait another long period of time for them to notice it. What fun.

I understand that this will probably quickly die but it’s worth a try. My previous suggestion for this type of thing was for everyone to agree a certain day each year where you must make an effort to briefly login. This seems a less onerous task so fingers crossed! Hopefully the topic will stay the near top so people see it.

Anyway a very happy Christmas and New Year to all! boozin
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Number of posts : 8943
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

A thread for old-timers (say hello!) Empty Re: A thread for old-timers (say hello!)

Post by furriner Mon 28 Dec 2020, 12:00

Welcome LLL.

Did you get a job? Are you now rich?

Woofed any player lately?

furriner
furriner

Number of posts : 12507
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : ind

Big Dog likes this post

Back to top Go down

A thread for old-timers (say hello!) Empty Re: A thread for old-timers (say hello!)

Post by furriner Mon 28 Dec 2020, 12:01

And Merry Christmas, good to gear from you!
furriner
furriner

Lara Lara Laughs likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Mon 28 Dec 2020, 14:45

(Has a ventriloquist got hold of you, furri?)

Happy Christmas again and Merry New Year to one and all, old or new, young or ancient, black, pink, indigo, red, green, purple, ultramarine or orange or add, gay, straight, crooked, triangular, bifurcate, ellipsoid or completely round, of any gender or none, human or other, of whatever extent of growth, culture or language development, for good or ill, in sickness and in health. Wotcha sparraz.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Mon 28 Dec 2020, 15:03

Eh Peter?
furriner
furriner

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Mon 28 Dec 2020, 17:57

"gear" - maybe it's different beyond these benightd shores, but "gottle o' gear" (for "bottle of beer") is the absolute classic "amateur ventriloquist's phrase" in the UK! Very Happy
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by Dello Mon 28 Dec 2020, 20:50

Lara Lara Laughs wrote:Just a thought; those that don’t frequent the forum as much anymore - perhaps we should dedicate a thread for drop-in or long absence posts. Say you haven’t logged in for years, next time you do, plop a post in here. Hence, even if it’s been years, next time you login, you will be able to see if the likes of Wide Wally, vilkrang, Dello and many more have been in. You can then reply to their ancient message and wait another long period of time for them to notice it. What fun.

I understand that this will probably quickly die but it’s worth a try. My previous suggestion for this type of thing was for everyone to agree a certain day each year where you must make an effort to briefly login. This seems a less onerous task so fingers crossed! Hopefully the topic will stay the near top so people see it.

Anyway a very happy Christmas and New Year to all! boozin

Hello, Laz.

Literally just popped my head in today to see if the old speakeasy was still in business.

Hope you're all getting through life's current obsession with trying to kill us in good order.

Stay safe out there, folks. Onwards to a (surely?) better 2021...

Dello

Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2017-02-27
Flag/Background : none

Lara Lara Laughs, lardbucket and PeterCS like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 28 Dec 2020, 21:58

Good to see you, JD & Lara.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105917
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Mon 28 Dec 2020, 22:35

nice thread

good to see 'old' posters however transiently

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38082
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Tue 20 Jun 2023, 19:51

This really took off. 😆 Even mid-pandemic with everyone bored at home it failed. I was expecting the full gamut - Demelza to Brass Monkey, lardbucket to JKLever. Maybe I’ll try again in a few years with better results.

Furry, Skully and Dello - sorry I missed your replies. Once you see this, do reply again with a hello and an interesting story. Together, we can prove this genius concept. 😅
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Number of posts : 8943

Demelza likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Tue 20 Jun 2023, 19:55

Don't post just once! Good to see you.

Test cricket is the best. This one will be remembered with Headingley 1981, Headingley 2019, Melbourne 1982-3, Edgbaston 2005, Adelaide 1992-93.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38082

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 20 Jun 2023, 20:23

Hello
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Demelza Thu 22 Jun 2023, 20:32

Lara Lara Laughs wrote:This really took off. 😆 Even mid-pandemic with everyone bored at home it failed. I was expecting the full gamut - Demelza to Brass Monkey, lardbucket to JKLever. Maybe I’ll try again in a few years with better results.

Furry, Skully and Dello - sorry I missed your replies. Once you see this, do reply again with a hello and an interesting story. Together, we can prove this genius concept. 😅
I look every now and then to see if there's any threads about sandwiches or fluffy kittens but I'm always disappointed.
Lovely to "see" you, LLL. You often made me genuinely LOL in the past.
Demelza
Demelza

Number of posts : 1086
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Fri 23 Jun 2023, 02:03

I ate the sandwiches,  Dem

and the Dingo pack are scared of fluffy kittens so they chased them off
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26203
Flag/Background : aus

Demelza likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Fri 23 Jun 2023, 03:13

Good to see you, Marty.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down