Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Hass or any old-timers who might remember

+6
skully
Hass
horace
G.Wood
JGK
Paul Keating
10 posters

Go down

For Hass or any old-timers who might remember Empty For Hass or any old-timers who might remember

Post by Paul Keating Sun 01 Nov 2009, 21:52

http://blogs.sunherald.com.au/matthewhall/archives/2009/09/maradona_englan.html#comments

Hass,

Remember Cav, the below has a an uncanny resemblance to his writing style, and he signs off as Cav too. Hi name Simon Cavenagh sounds familiar.

Stephen Smith - smart arse pom...of course people dislike England - where do we start..

1. Massive superiority complex

2. Two (only) World Cups at anything..1966 (at home - will we ever hear the end??) and Rugby WC 2003 (their only worthwhile international tournament achievement)

3. The worst kind of winners....see SS comments above and their appalling treatment of Ricky Ponting at this years Ashes. They've won the Ashes twice in 20 years (in 11 attempts) and you'd think they're the be all and end all. Oh...of course there was Headingly 1981...still being replayed ad nauseum during rain breaks.

4. Consistently poor form from their marauding sports fans (See 1. above)

They are International footballs biggest chokers and will struggle to get past the quarters. They have been talking themselves up since their first World Cup in 1950 (where they were beaten by the US and failed to get past the first round). They were too good for the first three World Cups thinking that the English FA was bigger than FIFA - and not much has changed.

Steve..take off your (English) Rose coloured glasses for once and smell the coffee. Pretty much everything about England..at anything ...stinks.

Your comments reflect that

Cav
Paul Keating
Paul Keating

For Hass or any old-timers who might remember Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4663
Registration date : 2007-10-25
Flag/Background : wi

Back to top Go down

For Hass or any old-timers who might remember Empty Re: For Hass or any old-timers who might remember

Post by JGK Sun 01 Nov 2009, 23:33

So Ponts - are you going to boycott News Limited products are their disgraceful treatment of the Keating family?

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

For Hass or any old-timers who might remember Empty Re: For Hass or any old-timers who might remember

Post by G.Wood Sun 01 Nov 2009, 23:54

That's pretty chippy. Was it written by a queenslander?
G.Wood
G.Wood

Number of posts : 12070
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Mon 02 Nov 2009, 03:32

too many big words for the chips
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Mon 02 Nov 2009, 03:37

PK - to be fair you neglected to mention that the poms have been reghular champs in being ovbese, beer swilling darts players - that seems to be the one sport in which the pomgoloians have talent
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Hass Mon 02 Nov 2009, 10:12

I think you've come up with a find there Salim. It certainly looks like the Cav of old old old forum fame.

It reminds me of the 1999 cricket world cup (Cav was posting back then). I also seem to remember coming across him on the main 1999 Rugby World Cup forum, making his Sun Herald comments on England in various sporting world cups a fitting way for him to return to our attention.

Hass

For Hass or any old-timers who might remember MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2401
Registration date : 2007-09-10
Flag/Background : nsw

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 02 Nov 2009, 10:33

Now this is real FB material. Poms v Cons, slaggin' each other orf. Let's have at it then lads, ay. Cool
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105978
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Keating Mon 02 Nov 2009, 11:08

skully wrote:Now this is real FB material. Poms v Cons, slaggin' each other orf. Let's have at it then lads, ay. Cool

Soap dodgers vs Convicts?
Paul Keating
Paul Keating

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Keating Mon 02 Nov 2009, 11:10

JGK wrote:So Ponts - are you going to boycott News Limited products are their disgraceful treatment of the Keating family?

I only read the Australian when I feel like vomitting, and only read the telegraph when I need my trashy tabloid fix.

Katherine Keating, what a babe she is. Wouldn't you just love to do her.
Paul Keating
Paul Keating

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Mon 02 Nov 2009, 11:18

lol Chippy much?

Surprised he didn't throw in the old 'you poms really are crap at sport' line you Aussies like to put about whilst dominating at Cricket and er, Swimming.
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 02 Nov 2009, 11:22

JKLever wrote:lol Chippy much?

Surprised he didn't throw in the old 'you poms really are crap at sport' line you Aussies like to put about whilst dominating at Cricket and er, Swimming and cycling.

Additioned.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Mon 02 Nov 2009, 11:24

Cycling?
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 02 Nov 2009, 11:29

Well they used to be good at it.

And if I was fighting the pom corner i would say that the footy WC is bigger than anything elase Aus has won.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Mon 02 Nov 2009, 11:44

Related to Kev Cavanagh?

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38121
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hass Mon 02 Nov 2009, 20:06

taipan wrote:Well they used to be good at it.

And if I was fighting the pom corner i would say that the footy WC is bigger than anything elase Aus has won.

Well, that might be the case for the Poms. But we Aussies would still prefer to beat them in the medal tally at the Olympics (although we weren't even able to do that last time out).

Winning the World Cup would be nice, but we only started taking soccer seriously about four years ago - give us time.

Hass

For Hass or any old-timers who might remember MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2401
Registration date : 2007-09-10
Flag/Background : nsw

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Mon 02 Nov 2009, 22:00

JKLever wrote:lol Chippy much?

Surprised he didn't throw in the old 'you poms really are crap at sport' line you Aussies like to put about whilst dominating at Cricket and er, Swimming.

Only Lever could criticise a chippy post by being chippy
G.Wood
G.Wood

Back to top Go down

Post by ever hopeful Tue 03 Nov 2009, 01:22

I've been as guilty as anyone of posting gloating, antagonising and even chippy comments before. However all this comparison of sporting prowess is really nonsense. Everyone knows who won what and when. Everyone knows who has won things the most times over the last five, ten, twenty, hundred years and who holds the different trophies/medals/titles currently. Everyone knows which country is best at which sports and which nations are better at sport in general. The records speak for themselves, and anything we say on here to wind each other up is utterly irrelevant to that big picture.
As I said though, I'm as guilty as anyone and fully accept that my glass house is liable to be well shattered.
ever hopeful
ever hopeful

Number of posts : 922
Registration date : 2009-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 03 Nov 2009, 05:48

I haven't seen such a long post saying exactly nothing since Karti left.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Tue 03 Nov 2009, 05:51

taipan wrote:I haven't seen such a long post saying exactly nothing since Karti left.

you read that???
G.Wood
G.Wood

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 03 Nov 2009, 05:51

Mea culpa
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Tue 03 Nov 2009, 05:57

You live and learn (I hope, for your sake)
G.Wood
G.Wood

Back to top Go down

Post by ever hopeful Tue 03 Nov 2009, 14:56

You actually live and learn by reading a wide variety of things even when you don't expect them to say much of interest. You should try it (though maybe not with my post above).
ever hopeful
ever hopeful

Number of posts : 922
Registration date : 2009-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down