Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greg Chappell is broke and has a GoFund Me page

4 posters

Go down

Greg Chappell is broke and has a GoFund Me page Empty Greg Chappell is broke and has a GoFund Me page

Post by horace Wed 01 Nov 2023, 01:33

Now living in Adelaide …. And horrors is renting.

Sounds like bad business investments

After $250k from the Go Fund me.
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Greg Chappell is broke and has a GoFund Me page Empty Re: Greg Chappell is broke and has a GoFund Me page

Post by skully Wed 01 Nov 2023, 03:43

WWoS confirmation

"The Australian cricket community is rallying around Greg Chappell to help the cricket legend through recent financial struggles.

A GoFundMe page has been set up for Chappell along with a testimonial lunch held at the MCG last week, which was attended by cricket greats including brothers Ian and Trevor.

The Sydney Morning Herald reports it raised about $250,000, while the GoFundMe page has added another $72,350 including donations by the likes of Cricket Australia chair Mike Baird, former Victoria captain Simon O'Donnell and ACT Cricket's chair Greg Boorer.
But Chappell didn't receive a fundraising testimonial at the end of his career to help set him up after retiring from cricket, unlike Lillee and Marsh.

Chappell, who rents in Adelaide, said he is doing fine but is certainly not living a life of luxury as a result of his cricketing career."
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105920
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Greg Chappell is broke and has a GoFund Me page Empty Re: Greg Chappell is broke and has a GoFund Me page

Post by furriner Wed 01 Nov 2023, 04:28

Can happen to anyone. Greg’s case has surprised me though. Not that it is any indicator, but nothing about the guy gave off any vibes- lifestyle, etc- that he would end up like this.
furriner
furriner

Number of posts : 12507
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Wed 01 Nov 2023, 07:27

Sold his effigy futures too soon?

Never paid by the BCCI for his coaching there?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38084
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down