Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jesus, this place is dead (II)

+4
Nath
lardbucket
furriner
skully
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Jesus, this place is dead (II) - Page 2 Empty Re: Jesus, this place is dead (II)

Post by Maddog Wed 24 Jul 2024, 07:18

''Jesus this place is dead'' was the thread opener.
Is anyone actually surprised when you have about 6 loud mouth old fools who probably never played the game above beach cricket level ruling the roost, rarely challenged by a few decent people? Their far left acidic political BS has no place on a sports forum in any case.
I am 47 and played cricket at a good-ish standard for over 15 years. I have been to almost every significant test ground in the world except all the Sri Lankan ones. The keyboard warriors and tv watchers here need to pipe down and learn some manners.
Like i said it's no wonder this forum has died on it's arse yet forums for smaller sports and hobbies i look at have got upwards of 2,000 regular contributors. With about 99% less arrogance and vitriol.
To the likes of Horace, embee and several others my message is simple. STFU for once and give your anus a break.

Maddog

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2024-02-02

Back to top Go down

Jesus, this place is dead (II) - Page 2 Empty Re: Jesus, this place is dead (II)

Post by lardbucket Wed 24 Jul 2024, 12:17

I suppose Farage is left wing, if your prism is Hitler, Moseley, Powell, Trump and his “polluting the gene pool” narrative.

Perhaps stick to talking cricket, if that’s the only thing you have in common with us? Re actual cricket play, of which you claim prowess and superior knowledge … are you still active on the field, or have you hung up the boots? I’m almost ready to quit, but love the game too much, and will only quit when I can’t move. There are former international and State cricketers in my comp, and it’s quite common to face First Grade bowlers and emerging First Grade batsmen in the local Sunday comp. A reality check at times. I have now played for over 50 years, so that ages me for sure. I know he won’t say anything, but although I’ve necessarily changed roles within the team several times at the painful insistence of Father Time, and thus far have always found a way to contribute … I never played at the standard skully did, for a decade. You’d be surprised. Others here have played at a level you won’t have approached, and/or in some cases umpired at a very high level.

Also horrie - who may have been a curmudgeon here, presenting a facade that mostly concealed a knowledgeable, passionate cricket and football supporter with a very respectable on-field history as a wicket-keeper (and self-confessed batting struggler) - horrie deserves respect. You’ll find him pretty quiet from here onwards. RIP.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38463
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 24 Jul 2024, 13:41

Maddog wrote:''Jesus this place is dead'' was the thread opener.
Is anyone actually surprised when you have about 6 loud mouth old fools who probably never played the game above beach cricket level ruling the roost, rarely challenged by a few decent people? Their far left acidic political BS has no place on a sports forum in any case.
I am 47 and played cricket at a good-ish standard for over 15 years. I have been to almost every significant test ground in the world except all the Sri Lankan ones. The keyboard warriors and tv watchers here need to pipe down and learn some manners.
Like i said it's no wonder this forum has died on it's arse yet forums for smaller sports and hobbies i look at have got upwards of 2,000 regular contributors. With about 99% less arrogance and vitriol.
To the likes of Horace, embee and several others my message is simple. STFU for once and give your anus a break.

LOL, you right wing loon. And that's coming from a conservative voter. It's just that Trump is so bad that he gives conservative politics a black eye.

This is a 17 year old forum and clowns like you have come and gone. You have come and gone under several guises. Your regular reference to "woke" gives you away.

I predict you won't be around long to back up your pathetic rhetoric and bluster.

If you do stay, I look forward to the jousts.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 106417
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 24 Jul 2024, 13:48

And Kamala Harris seems to have really galvanised the Democrats. The timing of Joe's withdrawal seems to have been almost perfect timing. Democrats are flocking to VP Harris.

Trump's electoral weak spot is women voters, and black women voters in particular. He has whined on many occasions "why won't women vote for me?". It's because you are a crass, disgusting misogynist racist rapist, and US women have been crying out for someone to allow them to beat you with a stick. The Abortion debate will kill you in November.

Harris will rake in millions of votes from that demographic.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Wed 24 Jul 2024, 14:42

We can only hope.

116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue 30 Jul 2024, 07:01

lardbucket, skully, embee and horace. 4 (there are a few more here) sooky, big-mouth CONVICTS, to the left of Lenin and with nothing more than constant abuse to offer anyone who has a different view to their narrow minded cowshit.
This place is dead for the simple reason that most of the ones here from the start need to clear off and let a new younger audience take over. Preferably mostly people like me who have played the game competitively AND regularly. Retired at 45, now 47. Played 30 years.
This place is last week's chicken leftovers and will simply rot away soon enough.
From someone who has the t shirt ; to the squirming CONVICTS, go away and put a sock in it, losers.
BWAHAHAHA! :-)
Jesus, this place is dead (II) - Page 2 1f600

Maddog

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2024-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 30 Jul 2024, 07:19

Look who's back. What a surprise.  Rolling Eyes

Why do you feel the need to bore us with meaningless shit you've told us before, like your alleged competitive cricket history. We don't GAF?

You are a pathetic repetitive clone of your hero, the orange buffoon, Trump. Idiotic, dumb as a rock and you repeat your same bullshit over and over.

I don't know any Aussies who are in the slightest bit offended by the convict alleged sledge. We embrace our history. Not like England, who took over the World, little island by little island, then lost it all, because Poms running the joint (like you) were losers who COARIAB. Laughing Laughing Laughing

You are such a twat. We laugh at you and you go flouncing off with steam coming out of your ears. Then you come crawling back for another lurk and pathetic sledge attempt. You are a little man with an even littler dick, who probably batted at 7 with an average of 14, and bowled donkey drop offies. Laughing Laughing Laughing
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Tue 30 Jul 2024, 09:18

Maybe I'm so far to the left that Ronnie Rabies can't see me because of the roundness of the earth (assuming he believes that is indeed its shape).
Honestly, what angle and how far up your own arse do you have to be looking from to get the notion that 'Embee is to the left of Lenin'?

Fred Nerk

Number of posts : 8900
Registration date : 2007-10-15
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 30 Jul 2024, 11:06

Aye, highly ironic and completely tone deaf.

MB, lardy and myself are well known for our conservative leanings in this joint. That doesn't mean we can't see a Right Wing ratbag that needs to be called out as such when one comes along.

Apparently* if you are sensible enough to recognise what an extreme right lunatic wannabe dictator Trump is makes you extreme Left.

Oh dear, what a loon.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Tue 30 Jul 2024, 13:07

horace wrote:
lardbucket wrote:Cookers??

Right wing anti vaxxers with tendency to irrationality on politics, conspiracies etc.

One for the glossary. Seems we’ve had an emissary here.

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Tue 30 Jul 2024, 14:24

Lenin ....always considered him as a RWNJ ...

My great great grand father was a Norfolk poacher who may have shot the gamekeeper and was sent to the Swan River Colony ....so convict blood here

Please let us know what teams you played for or against so we may work out how much we have to bow to your superior playing ability ...Michael Slater ...Danny Morrison ....Swanny ....Sunny G ....all Test cricketers with great opinions on cricket that are so worth listening to ....
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26303
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 13 Aug 2024, 21:47

At 126 posts 14 days into Agnostic. So we need just 5 posts a day to avoid nadir.

With the Paralympics and the Windies v SAf 2nd Test and the Lankan Tests in England to come in August, we should sneak over the line.

As lardy would say "you should easily do that yourself". What a Face
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Wed 14 Aug 2024, 04:35

Well, you do.

116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath Wed 14 Aug 2024, 09:47

lardbucket wrote:Well, you do.

pmsl
Nath
Nath

Number of posts : 12120
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 20 Aug 2024, 05:36

Nadir looks safe. We sit at 202 posts for Augmented with 12 days left.

With Tests and Paralympics still to come we may push 300.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath Tue 20 Aug 2024, 09:53

skully wrote:Nadir looks safe. We sit at 202 posts for Augmented with 12 days left.

With Tests and Paralympics still to come we may push 300.

should they consider incorporating the Paralympics into the Olympics rather than keeping it separate?
Nath
Nath

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Tue 20 Aug 2024, 11:16

I think this came up in Sydney 2000, and the word was most of the time between was needed to re-fit the Village.

Fred Nerk

Number of posts : 8900
Registration date : 2007-10-15
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Yesterday at 14:42

Just a third of the way through Slugtember (a traditionally very slow Forum posting month) and we have romped past nadir.

Is this a renaissance of a formerly once great place???

I won't hold my breath for positive answers. Cool
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Yesterday at 17:10

skully wrote:

Ya think?  

I ask for personal travel advice about England, on a forum that had a strong English contingent, and got mostly an Australian replying. Honourable mention to Basil.  Rest is sound of crickets.

And it’s not that I’m new here. Been around for 15 years including the last version.

Yeah, don’t hold your breath Laughing
furriner
furriner

Number of posts : 12532
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath Today at 00:26

skully wrote:Just a third of the way through Slugtember (a traditionally very slow Forum posting month) and we have romped past nadir.

Is this a renaissance of a formerly once great place???

a bit more cricket, football finals and world events helped
Nath
Nath

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2