Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harsha Bhogle in a convenient lapse of memory

+9
HH_pink
embee
horace
tac
Zat
Invader Zim
skully
Red
Mick Sawyer
13 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Harsha Bhogle in a convenient lapse of memory Empty Harsha Bhogle in a convenient lapse of memory

Post by Mick Sawyer Thu 31 Jan 2008, 02:35

"Had India heard Harbhajan calling Symonds a "big monkey", there would have been enough voices in India asking for his head. This voice would have been one of the first."

This is a direct quote lifted from todays SMH. I twice heard Bhogle in interviews immediately following the Sydney blowup proclaiming that the use of the term "monkey" in Indian culture was 100% perfectly innocent.

I can understand & forgive a dyc like Sreesanth but this is deliberate & cynical public opinion exploitation by Bhogle. Lying little bastard.
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Number of posts : 7267
Registration date : 2007-09-11
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Harsha Bhogle in a convenient lapse of memory Empty Re: Harsha Bhogle in a convenient lapse of memory

Post by Red Thu 31 Jan 2008, 02:40

He does come across as sanctimonious at times.
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17071
Registration date : 2007-10-28
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Harsha Bhogle in a convenient lapse of memory Empty Re: Harsha Bhogle in a convenient lapse of memory

Post by Mick Sawyer Thu 31 Jan 2008, 02:45

Red wrote:He does come across as sanctimonious at times.

Busted red handed on this occasion.
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 31 Jan 2008, 02:48

Aye, I had a lot of respect for Harsha prior to all this palaver, but he has bullsh!tted, backflipped and sidestepped just once too often AFAIC.

Last edited by on Thu 31 Jan 2008, 03:01; edited 1 time in total
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105970
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Invader Zim Thu 31 Jan 2008, 02:51

Bhogle has always been a dickhead.
Invader Zim
Invader Zim

Number of posts : 6396
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Thu 31 Jan 2008, 04:09

Harsha used to be entertaining and informative.

Now he seems to be a less-intelligent sidekick for Kerry O'Keefe.

And the thought that anyone allowed near a microphone could be shorter in the brain cell department than skull is scary.

With the possible exception of that fat prick Kyle Sandilands. He's proof that shit can sometimes talk.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Thu 31 Jan 2008, 04:13

Zat wrote:Harsha used to be entertaining and informative.

Now he seems to be a less-intelligent sidekick for Kerry O'Keefe.

And the thought that anyone allowed near a microphone could be shorter in the brain cell department than skully is scary.

With the possible exception of that fat prick Kyle Sandilands. He's proof that shit can sometimes talk.

Harsh, but fair . . .
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Thu 31 Jan 2008, 04:14

skully wrote:Aye, I had a lot of respect for Harsha prior to all this palaver, but he has bullsh!tted, backflipped and sidestepped just once too often AFAIC.

With you here skully.
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Thu 31 Jan 2008, 04:15

who is Kyle Sandilands???...is he an anglo-indian brahmin nawab??
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Thu 31 Jan 2008, 04:16

He was a dickhead on some braindead radio talkback for braindead listeners . . .
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Thu 31 Jan 2008, 04:18

horace wrote:who is Kyle Sandilands???...is he an anglo-indian brahmin nawab??

Watch Channel 10 shows for the braindead this year and you'll find out ....
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26215
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Thu 31 Jan 2008, 04:18

a qbanjo nob that has integrated seamlessly into spiv central
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Thu 31 Jan 2008, 04:21

Mick Sawyer wrote:

a qbanjo nob that has integrated seamlessly into spiv central

thanx Mick, tac and MB...sounds almost as bad as a brahmin nawab
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by HH_pink Thu 31 Jan 2008, 04:57

Mick Sawyer wrote:"Had India heard Harbhajan calling Symonds a "big monkey", there would have been enough voices in India asking for his head. This voice would have been one of the first."

This is a direct quote lifted from todays SMH. I twice heard Bhogle in interviews immediately following the Sydney blowup proclaiming that the use of the term "monkey" in Indian culture was 100% perfectly innocent.

I can understand & forgive a dyc like Sreesanth but this is deliberate & cynical public opinion exploitation by Bhogle. Lying little bastard.

I don't see any inconsistency in those two statements of his.
HH_pink
HH_pink

Harsha Bhogle in a convenient lapse of memory APSeEpm

Number of posts : 3353

Back to top Go down

Post by Invader Zim Thu 31 Jan 2008, 05:07

You wouldn't, would you?
Invader Zim
Invader Zim

Back to top Go down

Post by HH_pink Thu 31 Jan 2008, 05:09

No I wouldn't, Zimmy. *turns up the volume* No, Zim, I wouldn't.
HH_pink
HH_pink

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Thu 31 Jan 2008, 05:14

HH_pink wrote:
Mick Sawyer wrote:"Had India heard Harbhajan calling Symonds a "big monkey", there would have been enough voices in India asking for his head. This voice would have been one of the first."

Let me spell it out - here he says that he would have been one of the first to call for his head if the words "big monkey" were heard. His earlier stance was "hey, there's no problem with the words, "monkey" is a commonly used form of endearment in India"
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Invader Zim Thu 31 Jan 2008, 05:15

Don't waste your time Mick. He's a subi.
Invader Zim
Invader Zim

Back to top Go down

Post by prasad14 Thu 31 Jan 2008, 05:19

Mick Sawyer wrote:
HH_pink wrote:

Let me spell it out - here he says that he would have been one of the first to call for his head if the words "big monkey" were heard. His earlier stance was "hey, there's no problem with the words, "monkey" is a commonly used form of endearment in India"

Harsha has no problem with the word monkey and I doubt any Indian would either.

But he also said he would call for Bhajji head, since it is unacceptable to Symonds to be called that and Bhajji is aware of it.

They are independent since being called a monkey 'still' is not offensive in India as it is wrt Symonds. And Harsha is saying that in his article.

prasad14

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2007-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Thu 31 Jan 2008, 05:20

prasad14 wrote:
Mick Sawyer wrote:
HH_pink wrote:

But he also said he would call for Bhajji head, since it is unacceptable to Symonds to be called that and Bhajji is aware of it.

They are independent since being called a monkey 'still' is not offensive in India as it is wrt Symonds. And Harsha is saying that in his article.

suicide
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Back to top Go down

Post by HH_pink Thu 31 Jan 2008, 05:21

Mick Sawyer wrote:
HH_pink wrote:

So you think he said that, exactly, and with that he was trying to justify Harbhajan calling Symonds "big monkey" on the field? Or do you think you are just stirring up shit because the place is slowing down?
HH_pink
HH_pink

Back to top Go down

Post by prasad14 Thu 31 Jan 2008, 05:24

Mick Sawyer wrote:
prasad14 wrote:
Mick Sawyer wrote:
HH_pink wrote:

suicide

Why don't u try and debate which part of my post u don't agree to?

prasad14

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2007-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Thu 31 Jan 2008, 05:26

"So you think he said that, exactly"

I know that was the intended and clear implication of his statements.

Stirring up shit? NFI.
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Back to top Go down

Post by HH_pink Thu 31 Jan 2008, 05:26

prasad14 wrote:
Mick Sawyer wrote:
HH_pink wrote:

Thank you. And there're a few more points that might have to be elucidated before it becomes clear as day to "non-subis".
HH_pink
HH_pink

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Thu 31 Jan 2008, 05:29

prasad14 wrote:
Mick Sawyer wrote:
prasad14 wrote:
Mick Sawyer wrote:
HH_pink wrote:

suicide

Why don't u try and debate which part of my post u don't agree to?

Because I truthfully have nfi what you are saying

Cheers
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next