Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Australia not to tour Pakistan: report

+10
Brass Monkey
Mick Sawyer
Invader Zim
Zat
G.Wood
JGK
doremi
Batman
tac
SG
14 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Australia not to tour Pakistan: report Empty Australia not to tour Pakistan: report

Post by SG Mon 18 Feb 2008, 08:09

Despite Pakistan Cricket Board's repeated assurances of players' safety, Australia are unlikely to go ahead with their scheduled tour of the troubled nation, a media report claimed in Melbourne on Monday.

The Sydney Morning Herald claimed Cricket Australia is almost certain to scrap the tour regardless of the situation in Pakistan after Monday's election.

The daily said CA would go by the advice of its security, which has advised the board not to send the players to Pakistan.

Of late, the situation has become even worse in Pakistan and a suicide bombing at an election rally killed 46 and left more than 100 injured in the north-west town of Parachinar on Saturday.

The International Cricket Council may have to step in and the series might be played on neutral venue despite Pakistan's objections, the daily said.

SG

Number of posts : 12806
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Australia not to tour Pakistan: report Empty Re: Australia not to tour Pakistan: report

Post by tac Mon 18 Feb 2008, 08:16

It may not be correct, but according to news sources 2008 has been a particularly bad year for violence in Pakistan. I know that Zimbabwe has toured recently, but it seems obvious that the Aussies would offer a far more attractive target to whomever might want to get a bit of air time.

It's a shame as Aussies really want to see our team play in Pakistan . . . but I hope an alternative can be arranged rather than provide a chance for our players to join the IPL.
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Australia not to tour Pakistan: report Empty Re: Australia not to tour Pakistan: report

Post by Batman Mon 18 Feb 2008, 08:36

tac wrote:It may not be correct, but according to news sources 2008 has been a particularly bad year for violence in Pakistan. I know that Zimbabwe has toured recently, but it seems obvious that the Aussies would offer a far more attractive target to whomever might want to get a bit of air time.

It's a shame as Aussies really want to see our team play in Pakistan . . . but I hope an alternative can be arranged rather than provide a chance for our players to join the IPL.

There is no alternative.

CA forced Pak to have a 'home' series in Sharjah and Colombo a while back. It wasn't fair then either. Teams like India and SA have had succesful tours in Pak in the past despite similiar civil turbulance. They should leave it to security which I am sure would be maximum. Teams have no issues when bomb blasts happen in England and in India, but do give a raw deal to countries like Pakistan and Sri Lanka in same circumstances.
Batman
Batman

Number of posts : 8881
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Mon 18 Feb 2008, 08:40

tac wrote:It may not be correct, but according to news sources 2008 has been a particularly bad year for violence in Pakistan. I know that Zimbabwe has toured recently, but it seems obvious that the Aussies would offer a far more attractive target to whomever might want to get a bit of air time.

There is an alternative tac. Don't be greedy bastards and sign on the contracts.
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Mon 18 Feb 2008, 09:48

This is a no brainer.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Wed 20 Feb 2008, 03:38

Australia look to shorter Pakistan tour

SG

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Wed 20 Feb 2008, 03:39

Australia may send a 2nd string team to Pak for this tour.

SG

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Wed 20 Feb 2008, 03:43

SG wrote:Australia may send a 2nd string team to Pak for this tour.

and England don't mind?
G.Wood
G.Wood

Number of posts : 12070
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Wed 20 Feb 2008, 03:44

G.Wood wrote:
SG wrote:Australia may send a 2nd string team to Pak for this tour.

and England don't mind?
Didn't England send a second-string team to Australia for the last Ashes?

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Invader Zim Wed 20 Feb 2008, 03:45

Bravo. Well played sir.
Invader Zim
Invader Zim

Number of posts : 6396
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Wed 20 Feb 2008, 03:47

Hey (Insert English player's name here)... YOU'RE CRAP!

Ahhh, memories...

Zat

Number of posts : 28872

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Wed 20 Feb 2008, 04:02

I disagreed when they chose not to tour last time.

This time - I reckon our recent foreign policy would have them all wearing targets just a little smaller than that worn by the late Mrs Bhutto.
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Number of posts : 7267
Registration date : 2007-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Wed 20 Feb 2008, 05:19

India travelled to Pak despite security and civil issues twice now in 3 years. Aus should send in their own security team to review the security arrangement and assurances at proposed venues like India and give it a broader thought.

Aus has not toured Pakistan for nearly a decade now.
Evil or Very Mad
Batman
Batman

Number of posts : 8881
Registration date : 2007-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Wed 20 Feb 2008, 06:12

Plain and simple mate - Pakistan needs to get its shit together.

Last edited by Mick Sawyer on Wed 20 Feb 2008, 06:12; edited 1 time in total
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Number of posts : 7267
Registration date : 2007-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Wed 20 Feb 2008, 10:08

'I don't think I'll go to Pakistan' - Symonds

Last edited by SG on Wed 20 Feb 2008, 10:08; edited 2 times in total

SG

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Wed 20 Feb 2008, 10:18

Mick Sawyer wrote:

Plain and simple mate - Pakistan needs to get its shit together.

OR... Aus can stop being melodramatic, snivelling little pussies, understand that every other team has toured there and their little 'sh!t yourself dilema' looks nothing more than a w@nky Neighbours script. Nasal, squinty-eyed c*nts think they're uber-important. I bet they've been all "Aww, look mite" gesticulate... gesticulate... serious eyes... frank tone... like some 10 year old schoolgirls trying to act grown up. Stupid bunch of w@nkers....
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by freddled gruntbuggly Wed 20 Feb 2008, 10:20

And how many of those other teams were expected to tour immediately after an election which was preceded by a political assassination?
freddled gruntbuggly
freddled gruntbuggly

Australia not to tour Pakistan: report 7EoDRAk

Number of posts : 2959

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Wed 20 Feb 2008, 10:26

"OR... Aus can stop being melodramatic, snivelling little pussies, understand that every other team has toured there and their little 'sh!t yourself dilema' looks nothing more than a w@nky Neighbours script. Nasal, squinty-eyed c*nts think they're uber-important. I bet they've been all "Aww, look mite" gesticulate... gesticulate... serious eyes... frank tone... like some 10 year old schoolgirls trying to act grown up. Stupid bunch of w@nkers...."

Yes Trev.

Fred Nerk

Number of posts : 8821
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Wed 20 Feb 2008, 10:28

freddled gruntbuggly wrote:And how many of those other teams were expected to tour immediately after an election which was preceded by a political assassination?

What's that got to do with the price of fish?
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Wed 20 Feb 2008, 10:29

Fred Nerk wrote:
Yes Trev.

* Standard Nerk answer #5 to something he's not too agreeable to.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Wed 20 Feb 2008, 10:35

I haven't got to 5 yet as far as I can remember. Don't need that many, there's not the variety.

Fred Nerk

Number of posts : 8821
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Wed 20 Feb 2008, 10:37

Possibly not, sir. Possibly not. You probably don't need that many, sir.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by freddled gruntbuggly Wed 20 Feb 2008, 10:37

Batfink Begins wrote:
freddled gruntbuggly wrote:And how many of those other teams were expected to tour immediately after an election which was preceded by a political assassination?
Well, I would have thought that the political situation in the country at the time of the tour was relevant. It's particularly unstable there now, with the election and Musharraf being not-too-keen on shifting over and Bhutto's death, plus all the routine, mundane suicide bombings that seem to have become par for the course.
I do tend to think that they should go if the security measures up, but can understand why they're reluctant.
freddled gruntbuggly
freddled gruntbuggly

Australia not to tour Pakistan: report 7EoDRAk

Number of posts : 2959

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Wed 20 Feb 2008, 10:59

freddled gruntbuggly wrote:
Well, I would have thought that the political situation in the country at the time of the tour was relevant. It's particularly unstable there now, with the election and Musharraf being not-too-keen on shifting over and Bhutto's death, plus all the routine, mundane suicide bombings that seem to have become par for the course.
I do tend to think that they should go if the security measures up, but can understand why they're reluctant.

Again, for me, it's a big shrug but yes I suppose some goiters are going to have a dramatic quibble. Just seems that every other team will tour there, was hardly 'stable' when England went and we're another bunch of procrastinating gorbs, but to me it's well OTT and considering they haven't toured there for ages it's an ongoing thing.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed 20 Feb 2008, 11:03

freddled gruntbuggly wrote:
Batfink Begins wrote:

And it's been like that for over 10 years?
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next