Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eduardo's Broken Leg

+2
chris j.
LeFromage
6 posters

Go down

Eduardo's Broken Leg Empty Eduardo's Broken Leg

Post by Guest Sat 23 Feb 2008, 22:47

FFS!
(showing a bit more detail than Makaveli's post)

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4h5me_eduardo-broken-leg-birminghamarsena_sport

Back to top Go down

Eduardo's Broken Leg Empty Re: Eduardo's Broken Leg

Post by LeFromage Sat 23 Feb 2008, 23:10

Loving the catchy dance beat.

Talk about rubbing his nose in it - his dancing days are over.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chris j. Sun 24 Feb 2008, 17:25

Seen his ankle flopping about on MOTD, very horiffic. i hope he can make a comeback.

chris j.

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Sun 24 Feb 2008, 19:24

It's a bad bad injury. Doubt another big club will want him. Looked like his bone was sticking out. Sick.
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Sun 24 Feb 2008, 19:29

chris j. wrote:Seen his ankle flopping about on MOTD, very horiffic. i hope he can make a comeback.

Shabba...
Batman
Batman

Number of posts : 8881
Registration date : 2007-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Sun 24 Feb 2008, 19:35

It is a shocker. The bloke should be banned for ages.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Sun 24 Feb 2008, 19:40

Yeah. But plenty of people do challenge with their spikes up. Shows why that's a straight red offence (I think).
doremi
doremi

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Sun 24 Feb 2008, 20:02

doremi wrote:Yeah. But plenty of people do challenge with their spikes up. Shows why that's a straight red offence (I think).

Steve Coppell (Reading's manager) said earlier in the season that he think the art of tackling has been lost somewhere along the way and it's a skill that no-one really learns anymore.

Watch Paulo Maldini if you want to see how to slide tackle as clean as a whistle.

I've always felt the slide tackle from the front should have been outlawed every bit as much as the tackle from behind has been. When you slide from the front, you can't help but lead with your studs. And as the full force of your body weight is going at the diametrically opposite angle to the full force of the player running with the ball, impacting on anything other than the ball with the bottom of your boot (the hardest part of the footwear) is liable to cause a serious mess.

When you tackle from the side, you tend to wrap your leg around the player a bit more and tackle with your instep or top of the foot. It's more about winning the ball. Slide tackling from the front is more of a desperate lunge that takes out everything - ball, player, whatever.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Sun 24 Feb 2008, 20:09

But wouldn't you be seriously handicapping defences if you took out the slide tackle from the front? That is the default position of the attackers and defenders, front-on opposite each other.

Maldini's a legend, Nesta's brilliant as well with the tackling. Among mid-fielders, I think Ballack's a pretty good tackler.
doremi
doremi

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Sun 24 Feb 2008, 20:14

Well, technically a defender should be on the 'half turn' when faced with an attacker bearing down on them.

But, yeah, it'd cause a bit of rethink as to how defenders went about their business. As outlawing the tackle from behind did - all the experts said it'd destroy the art of defending, but people seemed to adapt quite quickly.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Sun 24 Feb 2008, 20:18

Dello wrote:
doremi wrote:Yeah. But plenty of people do challenge with their spikes up. Shows why that's a straight red offence (I think).

Steve Coppell (Reading's manager) said earlier in the season that he think the art of tackling has been lost somewhere along the way and it's a skill that no-one really learns anymore.

Watch Paulo Maldini if you want to see how to slide tackle as clean as a whistle.

I've always felt the slide tackle from the front should have been outlawed every bit as much as the tackle from behind has been. When you slide from the front, you can't help but lead with your studs. And as the full force of your body weight is going at the diametrically opposite angle to the full force of the player running with the ball, impacting on anything other than the ball with the bottom of your boot (the hardest part of the footwear) is liable to cause a serious mess.

When you tackle from the side, you tend to wrap your leg around the player a bit more and tackle with your instep or top of the foot. It's more about winning the ball. Slide tackling from the front is more of a desperate lunge that takes out everything - ball, player, whatever.

Good post. Slide tackles should always be a last resort anyway. It actually puts the defender at a disadvantage. If at all possible, you should stay on your feet. The only slide tackle that you need to use regularly is the side on slide tackle, where you poke your leading leg around, and that's only when the attacker has you off balance and beaten for pace.
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Number of posts : 8943
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down