Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Only Two Test Matches in India This Winter

+12
LeFromage
Basil
Ash
JKLever
THICKEDGE
leg glancer
lardbucket
Batman
SG
HH_pink
tac
Growler
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Only Two Test Matches in India This Winter Empty Only Two Test Matches in India This Winter

Post by Growler Wed 26 Mar 2008, 01:49

Says so here

The plan was for 7 one-dayers and 3 Tests. England want to be home for Christmas, and one test finishes on Dec 23rd.

The ICC Champions trophy is in September. India then host Aus for a 4 Test series before England arrive presumably mid / late october.

India can't fit all the games in, so have chopped a test match.

Why can't they drop a couple of ODIs and reschedule the itinary to accommodate three tests?

Sorry I can't find any actual dates for the tour itself. Anyone able to find a link please ?

Last edited by Growler on Wed 26 Mar 2008, 01:51; edited 1 time in total
Growler
Growler

Only Two Test Matches in India This Winter MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2286
Registration date : 2007-10-13
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Only Two Test Matches in India This Winter Empty Re: Only Two Test Matches in India This Winter

Post by tac Wed 26 Mar 2008, 01:50

Drop an ODI or two? You must be mad!!!!
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Only Two Test Matches in India This Winter Empty Re: Only Two Test Matches in India This Winter

Post by Growler Wed 26 Mar 2008, 01:55

I forgot ........ I think its really only ourselves and Aussies who'd rather watch test cricket than the short game as a rule.
Growler
Growler

Back to top Go down

Post by HH_pink Wed 26 Mar 2008, 02:01

Yes. That's why the MCG was filled to close-to-record-capacity for a T20I. Yes. Pat yourself on the back again. I'll do it too. There.
HH_pink
HH_pink

Only Two Test Matches in India This Winter APSeEpm

Number of posts : 3353
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Growler Wed 26 Mar 2008, 02:11

Ouch ! Another rib gone. If wit was dynamite, on that showing you wouldn't even blow your hat off.

I don't recall suggesting Aussies didn't like, or watch ODIs. I said I believed that given a choice, most would prefer test matches.

If I'm wrong I expect a page or two of Aussie forummers to tell me in good time.
Growler
Growler

Back to top Go down

Post by HH_pink Wed 26 Mar 2008, 02:16

You did not say only that. You said "only ourselves and the Aussies" would 'prefer' (I don't know what that means if you can't correlate it to numbers, but anyhoo) test matches over ODIs.

Baseless. But, if you're going to base the Aussie thing on the word of Aussie forummers here and the English thing on nothing at all, maybe you're right in making the "only" claim.
HH_pink
HH_pink

Back to top Go down

Post by Growler Wed 26 Mar 2008, 02:40

Please, just leave it - I'm not going to spend hours arguing over something that really doesn't matter in the overall scheme of things.

I gave an opinion - doesn't matter if its right or wrong in itself. If people don't agree with it .. thats fine.
Growler
Growler

Back to top Go down

Post by HH_pink Wed 26 Mar 2008, 02:47

Exactly, but it does sometimes. boozin
HH_pink
HH_pink

Back to top Go down

Post by Growler Wed 26 Mar 2008, 02:54

boozin
Growler
Growler

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Wed 26 Mar 2008, 04:10

It'll be pathetic of BCCI to schedule only 2 tests for that series. With all the influence they've, if they can't make ECB to stay for a week more in India for this tour, they'll be the ones who are to be blamed, not ECB, not FTP, and not ICCCT.

Afterall didn't India stay in Eng for nearly 3 months during their last tour to Eng?

SG

Number of posts : 12806
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by SG Wed 26 Mar 2008, 04:15

I also read that this tour will contain 2 Twenty20s. Its idiotic to say the least, 1 Twenty20 for each tour is more than enough though this seems to be a regular phenomenon in quite a few countries.

SG

Number of posts : 12806
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Wed 26 Mar 2008, 06:01

I am reminded of Niranjan Shah's comments a few days back when he said,"We don't want to be known only as a good one day team. Test cricket is real cricket.'

I think he was talking of the domestic Ranji Trophy when he spoke of test cricket.
Batman
Batman

Number of posts : 8881
Registration date : 2007-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Wed 26 Mar 2008, 08:36

What's India's Test schedule after the games v England?

(relevant to the L v T aggregate thread, also on p 1)

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38069
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by HH_pink Wed 26 Mar 2008, 08:38

lardbucket wrote:What's India's Test schedule after the games v England?

(relevant to the L v T aggregate thread, also on p 1)

Ha ha.
HH_pink
HH_pink

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Wed 26 Mar 2008, 08:40

unintended joke

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38069
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by HH_pink Wed 26 Mar 2008, 08:40

Very Happy
HH_pink
HH_pink

Back to top Go down

Post by leg glancer Wed 26 Mar 2008, 09:45

Growler wrote:Says so here

The plan was for 7 one-dayers and 3 Tests. England want to be home for Christmas, and one test finishes on Dec 23rd.

The ICC Champions trophy is in September. India then host Aus for a 4 Test series before England arrive presumably mid / late october.

India can't fit all the games in, so have chopped a test match.

Why can't they drop a couple of ODIs and reschedule the itinary to accommodate three tests?

Sorry I can't find any actual dates for the tour itself. Anyone able to find a link please ?

FFS. Haven't the BCCI scheduled in any rest period for the players? This year's schedule is beyond madness.
leg glancer
leg glancer

Number of posts : 800
Registration date : 2007-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by THICKEDGE Wed 26 Mar 2008, 11:37

If its not a three test series doesn't that mean it won't count towards the ICC test match table?
THICKEDGE
THICKEDGE

Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2007-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Wed 26 Mar 2008, 12:31

I think it still will, as Bangles & Zim series do...

Can't believe we're touring India again so soon? 2006 - 2008?

Was this added to the FTP or always on the cards?
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Wed 26 Mar 2008, 14:03

yeah it does seem quite soon. 2001, then 2006 and now 2008 scratch

in any case a 2 test series is always pointless unless it involves minnows. and 7 odis again ffs
Ash
Ash

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Wed 26 Mar 2008, 18:26

A two test series is meaningless. We should tell the BCCI to fork itself - we've got an eye-watering schedule as it is over the next 18 months.
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936

Back to top Go down

Post by Growler Wed 26 Mar 2008, 18:34

We shud, but we won't Bas ..... BCCI have a big voice as far as the ICC are concerned, we'll surely face a degree of sanctions if we don't tour.
Growler
Growler

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Wed 26 Mar 2008, 18:39

Growler wrote:We shud, but we won't Bas ..... BCCI have a big voice as far as the ICC are concerned, we'll surely face a degree of sanctions if we don't tour.

Tell them to stuff the tests then - a two match series isn't worth getting off the plane for. On the other hand, it might be an opportunity to rest the likes of KP and anyone else likely to have played in every test/ODI in the meantime, and to look at a couple of untried players.
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash Wed 26 Mar 2008, 19:16

its been a while since england won a series in india, 20 yrs im guessing. a 2 test series probably gives them the best chance.
Ash
Ash

Number of posts : 2000
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Wed 26 Mar 2008, 19:34

The ECB should cancel the tour. A two Test series is a waste of everyone's time and an insult to Test cricket.

Minnows play two-Test series.

If the BCCI can't find the time in their busy ODI-packed schedule to play some proper cricket, they're not fit to host the tour.

England should find someone else to play.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next