Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hamilton starts second in Brazil.

+13
S F Barnes
Zat
Merlin
Chivalry Augustus
chris j.
Lara Lara Laughs
HH_pink
Basil
JGK
lardbucket
JKLever
PearlJ
LeFromage
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Hamilton starts second in Brazil. - Page 2 Empty Re: Hamilton starts second in Brazil.

Post by chris j. Sun 21 Oct 2007, 21:01

Long enough break for them...

chris j.

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Hamilton starts second in Brazil. - Page 2 Empty Re: Hamilton starts second in Brazil.

Post by Zat Mon 22 Oct 2007, 01:09

Apparently, it ain't over...

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Mon 22 Oct 2007, 06:07

Zat wrote:Apparently, it ain't over...

It is now.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by S F Barnes Mon 22 Oct 2007, 11:02

McLaren still have to suffer the Ferrari Inquisition Associates (FIA) going over their '08 car "with a fine toothed comb" car to make sure that it doesn't contain IP from Ferrari designs.

That worries me, just how do you prove plagarism in a sport when designs are pretty generic anyway?
S F Barnes
S F Barnes

Number of posts : 276

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Mon 22 Oct 2007, 11:39

justice has been done. would have been a farce if either of two drivers who's team has been stripped of points went on to win the championship. what a great, great end

The One

Number of posts : 9035

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Mon 22 Oct 2007, 12:16

The One wrote:justice has been done. would have been a farce if either of two drivers who's team has been stripped of points went on to win the championship. what a great, great end

By saying that "justice" had been done - you demean what Hamilton has achieved all this season - viz., consistency - if it wasn't for the Shanghai cock-up by Mclaren, he'd have won it there!

What has driving a car got to do with the shennanigins and politics that the manufacturers make it a practice of doing - no matter what the livery of the car?

He's a rookie - an exciting one - the injustice was in him missing out on the championship by one point - not through poor driving - but his inept engineers at both Shanghai and Sao Paolo together with a constant sook of a team mate.

Merlin

Number of posts : 14718
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : afg

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Mon 22 Oct 2007, 12:24

well one could say he got quite a few of those points thanks to driving a car that relied on stolen technology. raikonnen's win was clean and he also won the most races this year

hamilton is exciting for sure and has a bright future, but kimi was more deserving this year

The One

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Mon 22 Oct 2007, 12:31

driving a car that relied on stolen technology
Too much hypothesising for that theory to be substantiated ... all I'm saying is give the kid his due - his consistency throughout the season bar the final 2 races was what kept him up with the pace - and like I said (unlike the bond between Raiks and Massa) Hamilton had a big girl's blouse's whinging to contend with for the 2nd half of the season.
That's not to say Raiks was the lesser driver ...

Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Mon 22 Oct 2007, 12:36

i have no real personal preference for kimi or hamilton (anyone besides alonso really), but like i said it seemed to me kimi deserved it more. hamilton's win would have been more romantic, but after the mclaren inquiry i did kind of hope kimi took the title

The One

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Mon 22 Oct 2007, 12:40

I think that the F1 season brou......ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Mon 22 Oct 2007, 14:15

I think the guy with the 6 wins deserves it but what a title race in the end.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Mon 22 Oct 2007, 14:22

Surprise surprise, Fernando Alonso has taken the opportunity to have a swipe at Hamilton- http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7056308.stm
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Mon 22 Oct 2007, 14:57

Alonso quote : "McLaren lost and Ferrari did a better job than anyone else."

D'you get the impression the whingeing barsteward is angling for a pop at Massa's place with the Reds?
With a team "mate" like Alonso, who needs enemies?

Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Mon 22 Oct 2007, 21:44

Hamilton keen to win fair title
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7056308.stm
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Mon 22 Oct 2007, 21:48

Hamilton may not have won the title, but he would now be a more attractive recruitment target for team bosses than Alonso, by the length of the proverbial pit straight.

Watch Alonso disappear to the back of the grid over the next couple of seasons as he is shed by bosses who don't want the trouble that comes as a package with him.

The new Rene Arnoux?

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38112
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Tue 23 Oct 2007, 13:17

I must say I laughed when I saw the results in the morning. Both losing by one point.

Anyways, after the first 20 laps, F1 is probably the most boring sport.
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Wed 24 Oct 2007, 11:30

Predictions seem to be coming true ... seems the sooky Spaniard is being wooed by Montezemelo at Ferrari for the 2008 season - at the expense of guess who?
yep - Felipe Massa ... the silent but dependable fall guy.

Wonder how Alonso will shape up to being Kimmi's No 2 ?!

Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by S F Barnes Wed 24 Oct 2007, 14:39

Merlin wrote:Wonder how Alonso will shape up to being Kimmi's No 2 ?!

Well ... at least Kimi isn't Italian, so he can't pull the old nationality-bias card out of the pack. Rolling Eyes
S F Barnes
S F Barnes

Number of posts : 276

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Wed 24 Oct 2007, 14:50

Oh rest assured, Alonso will think of something.

Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2