Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England v Australia at The Oval - Aug 20-23 (III)

+26
tac
Shoeshine
ever hopeful
Eric Air Emu
Henry
Basil
horace
furriner
embee
LeFromage
eowyn
Sidhu
JKLever
buckSH
skully
PeterCS
Bradman
G.Wood
Zat
taipan
Batman
DJ_Smerk
Brass Monkey
holcs
Merlin
Invader Zim
30 posters

Page 1 of 25 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

Go down

England v Australia at The Oval  - Aug 20-23 (III) Empty England v Australia at The Oval - Aug 20-23 (III)

Post by Invader Zim Tue 25 Aug 2009, 11:20

taipan wrote:Hass, I accept it is a big day for Aus cricket, but if you want 5 match series against SA, something has to give.
Agreed. You can suck it up and tour when we goddam want you to.
Invader Zim
Invader Zim

Number of posts : 6396
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

England v Australia at The Oval  - Aug 20-23 (III) Empty Re: England v Australia at The Oval - Aug 20-23 (III)

Post by Merlin Tue 25 Aug 2009, 11:21

Invader Zim wrote:
...by a comfortable 2 - 1 series winning margin...
Yet another flogging.

Wink ... near as dammit.

Merlin

Number of posts : 14718
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : afg

Back to top Go down

England v Australia at The Oval  - Aug 20-23 (III) Empty Re: England v Australia at The Oval - Aug 20-23 (III)

Post by holcs Tue 25 Aug 2009, 12:57

taipan wrote:Hass, I accept it is a big day for Aus cricket, but if you want 5 match series against SA, something has to give.

It makes no sense. Boxing Day test at the MCG and New Years a the SCG, too of the best sporting atmosphere's around?

Beats the shoite out of Boxing Day tests at Newlands, which may I add is also a great event.

I don't know the history, but as a Test Match cricketer I'd want to play the Boxing Day test at the MCG, even with the chronic abuse you'd recieve.
holcs
holcs

Number of posts : 5481
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Invader Zim Tue 25 Aug 2009, 13:10

...even with the chronic abuse you'd recieve.
Oh please...no worse than in England or South Africa, and certainly better than any subi shit hole.
Invader Zim
Invader Zim

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 25 Aug 2009, 13:12

OK, so you don't get the monkey jibes (oh sorry: likened to Hanuman or something about your mum's pie) if you're of African heritage, but I'd warrant it's a shedload worse - loads of bitter Vomits spitting hate-filled bile at you.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Invader Zim Tue 25 Aug 2009, 13:15

Phurt.

Worse than 'Hey Warnie, who's ****** your wife now?' that TGM got in 2005?

Never heard anything that was OTT when at the MCG...tho I've been told I was lucky not to get thrown out of the WACA last Test...not that I remember doing anything.
Invader Zim
Invader Zim

Back to top Go down

Post by holcs Tue 25 Aug 2009, 13:16

Invader Zim wrote:
Oh please...no worse than in England or South Africa, and certainly better than any subi shit hole.

No different to the Bull ring or the Western Terrace, however it is in that silly SENO accent!! Very Happy
holcs
holcs

Number of posts : 5481

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ_Smerk Tue 25 Aug 2009, 13:19

The Spar Stand is notorious for sledging.
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Number of posts : 15938
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Invader Zim Tue 25 Aug 2009, 13:19

holcs wrote:
Invader Zim wrote:

No different to the Bull ring or the Western Terrace, however it is in that silly SENO accent!! Very Happy
Aye, Vics have a weird way of speaking...
Invader Zim
Invader Zim

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 25 Aug 2009, 13:23

Invader Zim wrote:Phurt.

Worse than 'Hey Warnie, who's ****** your wife now?' that TGM got in 2005?

Never heard anything that was OTT when at the MCG...tho I've been told I was lucky not to get thrown out of the WACA last Test...not that I remember doing anything.

Very Happy Well, we'll never know. Heard it's pretty tasty there.

You probably had your white hood on mate, you aren't allowed to start fires inside the ground no doubt.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Invader Zim Tue 25 Aug 2009, 13:27

It's all a blur. Don't remember the last session at all...was a good day...apparently.
Invader Zim
Invader Zim

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 25 Aug 2009, 13:59

Invader Zim wrote:It's all a blur. Don't remember the last session at all...was a good day...apparently.

Laughing I'm the same really.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Tue 25 Aug 2009, 14:40

Invader Zim wrote:

The shit hole seems to have moved from behind your legs to directly up your brains.....

I don't know the history of the boxing day tests in Aus and their fascination for it and I don't care. The 'subis' aren't raking up any issue over it so fark the hell off.
Batman
Batman

Number of posts : 8881

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 25 Aug 2009, 14:44

Batman wrote:
Invader Zim wrote:

The shit hole seems to have moved from behind your legs to directly up your brains.....

I don't know the history of the boxing day tests in Aus and their fascination for it and I don't care. The 'subis' aren't raking up any issue over it so fark the hell off.

Oh, touchy.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 25 Aug 2009, 16:01

Batman wrote:

Ummm. Vik. It was more to do with crowd abuse, the involvement of 'subis'.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Tue 25 Aug 2009, 19:01

Brass Monkey wrote:
Batman wrote:

Ummm. Vik. It was more to do with crowd abuse, the involvement of 'subis'.

With Zimmy, context is never important as degrading 'subis' is.

Under any case there aren't too many Indian or Lankan fans out there in Aus abusing anyone out there on Boxing day match days. Barring that Sydney test fiasco, there haven't been any heated excahnges for ages since Gavaskar walked back with Chauhan. Can't recall Pakistani fans abusing either. A majority of the incidents have happened when Lankans have toured due to MuMu. Even then the individual stray incidents cannot be collectively a 'subi' shit hole.....
Batman
Batman

Back to top Go down

Post by Invader Zim Wed 26 Aug 2009, 02:35

OMFG...another play and miss...
Invader Zim
Invader Zim

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Wed 26 Aug 2009, 03:20

taipan wrote:FFS Zat. Actually the Wanderers test against you attracted in excess of 80 000 which is more han any of your grounds recently with the exception of MCG and SCG.

I was merely showing why a 5 test series is impossible.

But don't let the facts and all that....
Why would I be the one letting the facts get in the way 'and all that'?

A very quick hunt on the web finds the following numbers.

Perth Test attendance - 55,313 http://www.cricinfo.com/ausvrsa2008_09/engine/match/351681.html
MCG Test attendance - 174,346 http://www.mcg.org.au/History/Attendances/~/media/Files/Cricket%20Attendances.ashx

Wanderers Test attendance - 73,091 http://www.cricinfo.com/rsavaus2009/engine/match/350472.html

Can't find (easily) figures for the SCG, Durban or Cape Town matches, but I doubt they'd advance your argument. Until South Africa can draw comparable crowds, then there's no point even debating the issue. Although now that your team is number one in the world, maybe some of your fans will get off their arses and actually go to the games...

As it is, SA makes more money than any other nation off CricAus for playing the Boxing Day Test here by way of compensation, and I can't see SA being able to stump up the similar sort of readcies without losing money on the match.

But more to the point, can I borrow $80,000 off you? I'm happy to repay you $73,091, which you claim is in excess of $80,000 so you'll be in front on the deal. I'll even pay you back the very next day.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed 26 Aug 2009, 07:03

fair enough, it was re[orted in the press here that over 80 000 tickets were sold. Butg I also have to point out that the weather was shocking and the end of Feb is financial year end here.

The discussion was about 5 test series. The bottom line is that Aus can't expect us to write off virtually an entire season to play a 5 match series without a quid pro quo.

And by using the financial argument you are beginning to sound like the BCCI.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Wed 26 Aug 2009, 07:26

meh I can understand why SA want it and I can understand why CA want to keep it.

Don't really care as long as there is some test cricket to watch some time on Boxing Day

(NZ tests excluded)

Last edited by G.Wood on Wed 26 Aug 2009, 07:50; edited 1 time in total
G.Wood
G.Wood

Number of posts : 12070
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Wed 26 Aug 2009, 07:41

Maybe if SA arranged for the game to start at 10.ooam AEST.

Seriously i think most people are on the piss and glance at the game every now and then it's only vics who worry about it.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Wed 26 Aug 2009, 12:30

Batman wrote:
Under any case there aren't too many Indian or Lankan fans out there in Aus abusing anyone out there on Boxing day match days. Barring that Sydney test fiasco, there haven't been any heated excahnges for ages since Gavaskar walked back with Chauhan. Can't recall Pakistani fans abusing either. A majority of the incidents have happened when Lankans have toured due to MuMu. Even then the individual stray incidents cannot be collectively a 'subi' shit hole.....

Yeah..... those monkey chants (throughout the time 'since Gav.....') are the height of joviality and classiness.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Wed 26 Aug 2009, 13:04

Brass Monkey wrote:
Batman wrote:

Yeah..... those monkey chants (throughout the time 'since Gav.....') are the height of joviality and classiness.

I said a couple of individual instances don't equate into the whole sub-continent. By and large the atmosphere is like a carnival with not too many issues. What would you think about the way MuMu has been treated by Aus fans when fielding at the boundary in Aus? Things sometimes happen once in a while and not everytime.....
Batman
Batman

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Wed 26 Aug 2009, 13:09

Batman wrote:
I said a couple of individual instances don't equate into the whole sub-continent. By and large the atmosphere is like a carnival with not too many issues. What would you think about the way MuMu has been treated by Aus fans when fielding at the boundary in Aus? Things sometimes happen once in a while and not everytime.....

:| :idea: Yiiihhhh... I think that sort of thing was what I was on about originally. Urrrgggghhhhh.....
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Batman Wed 26 Aug 2009, 13:10

Zat wrote:But more to the point, can I borrow $80,000 off you? I'm happy to repay you $73,091, which you claim is in excess of $80,000 so you'll be in front on the deal. I'll even pay you back the very next day.

bounce

Could be something to do with his being equal to 20 subis.....
Batman
Batman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 25 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next