Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pak. keeper goes missing leaving a cryptic message

+16
embee
Zat
Josh Carney
G.Wood
Blackadder
PlanetPakistan
lardbucket
DJ_Smerk
taipan
Henry Nolonga
skully
spangler
WideWally
Fred Nerk
Henry
Red
20 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Pak. keeper goes missing leaving a cryptic message - Page 2 Empty Re: Pak. keeper goes missing leaving a cryptic message

Post by PlanetPakistan Tue 09 Nov 2010, 02:14

Henry wrote:
PlanetPakistan wrote:this is strange

Really? Seems like just another day for Pakistani cricket.
yeah but every day is worse than the previous one!

PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Number of posts : 10285
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Flag/Background : pak

Back to top Go down

Pak. keeper goes missing leaving a cryptic message - Page 2 Empty Re: Pak. keeper goes missing leaving a cryptic message

Post by PlanetPakistan Tue 09 Nov 2010, 02:22

Seems like another Rashid Latif type story, i got this from PP

Originally Posted by sanakazmi
His interview to Geo was pretty dramatic. Some quotes (from their ticker):

- I don't have money for a lawyer
- I've gone hungry before, I'l do it again.
- I'm really worried about my family. Their lives are in danger. The government should provide security to them, and if possible, send them here.
- I can't say anything about my future.
- I got threats for NOT fixing the 4th and 5th one-day, because of which I had to take this step.
- I am not accusing any player. God knows better about who is involved. I can't say.
- I have faith in God
- I only have money for a 2-day stay in the hotel
- I made up that excuse of buying a SIM to the team management in order to get my passport to come to the UK
- I was not taken into custody - the immigration officials have been very helpful

PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Carney Tue 09 Nov 2010, 02:24

It is very sad to see that a guy who apparently wanted to stay clean is driven out in life threatening circumstances. Doesn't say much for the integrity of the rest of the team.

And Asif, Amir and Butt are freely moving around, goes to show how dysfunctional Pakistan has become. Can anyone be blamed if they still think Bob Woolmer's death is suspicious.

Josh Carney

Number of posts : 1751
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Tue 09 Nov 2010, 02:33

Josh Carney wrote:It is very sad to see that a guy who apparently wanted to stay clean is driven out in life threatening circumstances. Doesn't say much for the integrity of the rest of the team.

And Asif, Amir and Butt are freely moving around, goes to show how dysfunctional Pakistan has become. Can anyone be blamed if they still think Bob Woolmer's death is suspicious.
??

They are suspended and banned from entering the PCB academy, what more can ICC or PCB do?
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Carney Tue 09 Nov 2010, 02:42

Crooks are freely moving around as in society as opposed to this guy who had to run away to London for being straight.

Josh Carney

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Tue 09 Nov 2010, 02:50

Josh Carney wrote:Crooks are freely moving around as in society as opposed to this guy who had to run away to London for being straight.

Thats a silly post
Subcontinent in particular allows mass murderers like Modi to move freely and corrupt crooks like Zardari are the president so a mere spot fixing case is nothing compare to that.
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 09 Nov 2010, 02:53

I made up that excuse of buying a SIM to the team management in order to get my passport to come to the UK

Any management with half a brain would have got suspicious that one of the players wanted to buy a new SIM card for his phone.

The fact that he refused to under-perform and now feels like his life is in danger opens up a whole new can of worms. Who is getting access to these players and making these threats? How did Haider meet this guy in the first place?

I think there is some truth to the belief that if you do something for a bookie once, you are trapped in the web for life.

Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Nov 2010, 03:07

So a guy who didn't want to take money to underperform gets death threats and needs to leave the country.

PP, can you begin to understand why Arthur being suspicious of Pakistan match fixing wasn't entirely unreasonable now?

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 09 Nov 2010, 03:14

I think there is a vicious cycle that has been embedded in Pakistani cricket for years.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Tue 09 Nov 2010, 03:18

vilkrang wrote:So a guy who didn't want to take money to underperform gets death threats and needs to leave the country.

PP, can you begin to understand why Arthur being suspicious of Pakistan match fixing wasn't entirely unreasonable now?

Arthur's stupidity remains intact

A question a team's integrity on the bases of a batting collapse is ridiculous regardless of the recent episodes.
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 09 Nov 2010, 03:22

Let's be honest though. PP, do you honestly watch a Pakistani batting collapse, run out, or dropped catch these days and not think, "Geez, I wonder if that was genuine or contrived?"
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Tue 09 Nov 2010, 03:23

Henry wrote:
I made up that excuse of buying a SIM to the team management in order to get my passport to come to the UK

Any management with half a brain would have got suspicious that one of the players wanted to buy a new SIM card for his phone.

The fact that he refused to under-perform and now feels like his life is in danger opens up a whole new can of worms. Who is getting access to these players and making these threats? How did Haider meet this guy in the first place?

]I think there is some truth to the belief that if you do something for a bookie once, you are trapped in the web for life.

Yes, it seems like there are some BIG enemies of Pakistan cricket who are threatening the players, they are clearly targeting the upcoming youngsters and the big guns.

I really hope the test series is called off ASAP

PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Tue 09 Nov 2010, 03:25

Henry wrote:Let's be honest though. PP, do you honestly watch a Pakistani batting collapse, run out, or dropped catch these days and not think, "Geez, I wonder if that was genuine or contrived?"
Credibility has obviously taken a big hit after the spot fixing affair and now this...
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Tue 09 Nov 2010, 03:32

Just heard his interview(its in urdu)

Very very sad indeed, i watch cricket to be entertained but now i am having to watch this bullsheet

Fark you to who ever destroyed this guy's career!

PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Tue 09 Nov 2010, 03:42

While it would punish the players in Pakistan cricket who aren't cheating, a ban from all international forms of the game for several years now seems to be the only way to clean things up. It would rob the bookmakers of their product, and would hopefully mean public pressure from the massive fan base the game has in Pakistan to ensure the house was brought to order.

While said ban was being served, the ICC should offer an amnesty of sorts (and I've suggested this before) allowing players to come clean, with an offer of reduced penalties for those that admit everything.

Perhaps
- a six-month ban for having failed to report suspicious contact
- a twelve-month ban for admitting to 'spot' fixing while bowling or fielding
- a two-year ban for admitting to 'spot' fixing while batting
- a four-year ban for admitting to involvement in fixing a match result.

Then any players who didn't come forward and are subsequently found to have been involved should be banned for life, without exception. Likewise players who are found not to have been full and frank with their disclosure during the amnesty period.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Nov 2010, 03:58

Something needs to be done, how can any match be taken seriously with Pakistan involved when we see what happens to one of the good guys?

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Tue 09 Nov 2010, 03:58

Zat wrote:While it would punish the players in Pakistan cricket who aren't cheating, a ban from all international forms of the game for several years now seems to be the only way to clean things up. It would rob the bookmakers of their product, and would hopefully mean public pressure from the massive fan base the game has in Pakistan to ensure the house was brought to order.

While said ban was being served, the ICC should offer an amnesty of sorts (and I've suggested this before) allowing players to come clean, with an offer of reduced penalties for those that admit everything.

Perhaps
- a six-month ban for having failed to report suspicious contact
- a twelve-month ban for admitting to 'spot' fixing while bowling or fielding
- a two-year ban for admitting to 'spot' fixing while batting
- a four-year ban for admitting to involvement in fixing a match result.

Then any players who didn't come forward and are subsequently found to have been involved should be banned for life, without exception. Likewise players who are found not to have been full and frank with their disclosure during the amnesty period.
Thats fairly tale stuff and i am slightly disappointed that you don't see anything wrong with what you just said

Although i am not completely against a brief ban of Pak cricket to find the main culprit(s) but it is a ridiculous suggestion to FORCE a player to inform about suspicious behavior. Why should a player be FORCED to put his and his family's life in danger when he isn't directly involved? Right before our eyes a player is severely threatened and is forced to escape to another country because of these bastards and you want every body to be some kind of superman and risk his life?

PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Tue 09 Nov 2010, 04:07

PP, has a case of illiteracy struck you? Did you actually bother reading my post?

If you see nothing wrong with a bunch of guys who are as corrupt as all get out continuing to play in matches while cheating, then the only alternative for the game is to walk away from Pakistan forever.

I've put forward an idea for a solution. All you seem to want is to allow cheats to continue cheating, to the detriment of the honest players (assuming that there's more than one) in the team.

Got any solutions yourself, or do you wish to continue defending the indefensible?

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Tue 09 Nov 2010, 04:15

Zat wrote:PP, has a case of illiteracy struck you? Did you actually bother reading my post?

If you see nothing wrong with a bunch of guys who are as corrupt as all get out continuing to play in matches while cheating, then the only alternative for the game is to walk away from Pakistan forever.

I've put forward an idea for a solution. All you seem to do is to allow cheats to continue cheating, to the detriment of the honest players (assuming that there's more than one) in the team.

Got any solutions yourself, or do you wish to continue defending the indefensible?
errr i am only defending the right of the innocent players to remain silent as it should NOT be obligatory on them to report all the match fixing activities and start a bout with some of the most dangerous people around.

PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Tue 09 Nov 2010, 04:22

LIke I said, did you actually read my posts.

Players are supposed to report any conduct already. Those who haven't, for whatever reason, are already guilty of an offence.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 09 Nov 2010, 04:29

Surely the players who have seen suspicious activity can report in discreetly and anonymously?

Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Tue 09 Nov 2010, 04:30

Zat wrote:LIke I said, did you actually read my posts.

Players are supposed to report any conduct already. Those who haven't, for whatever reason, are already guilty of an offence.
Ok, i am clearly NOT understanding your POV so lets leave it at that as i don't have the time or desire( with all due respect) to talk to you on the phone or via skype.

PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Tue 09 Nov 2010, 04:35

I'll take that as a no, you didn't actually read them.

As for talking on the phone or skype, WTF?

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Carney Tue 09 Nov 2010, 04:55

PlanetPakistan wrote:
Josh Carney wrote:Crooks are freely moving around as in society as opposed to this guy who had to run away to London for being straight.

Thats a silly post
Subcontinent in particular allows mass murderers like Modi to move freely and corrupt crooks like Zardari are the president so a mere spot fixing case is nothing compare to that.
Don't trash around. This discussion is about the crook Pakistani cricketers and only Pakistan can fix it if they want to. I find it very amusing where Paksitani supporters divert attention pointing to guys like Modi or tend to generalise in Sub continental terms to dilute the discussion when the heat is on.

Josh Carney

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 09 Nov 2010, 05:00

I think it would do more harm than good to Pakistan and the game in general if they are banned from the game for a certain period of time.

What does need to change though is their culture of blaming everyone else but themselves when something goes wrong. They have always done it. They're never prepared to admit that they have done something wrong or that the problem lies with them. All that does is suggest the corruption goes all the way to the top.

The threat to sue Micky Arthur over the comments he made is just the latest example. When (amongst other things) your former coach was more than likely murdered, you are battling allegations of spot fixing and match fixing, and your first choice wicketkeeper has fled the squad because he fears for his life, why would you worry about suing a former South African coach who says that he was suspicious about what happened in a match between Pakistan and South Africa a few years back?

FFS, get your priorities right.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next