Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pak. keeper goes missing leaving a cryptic message

+16
embee
Zat
Josh Carney
G.Wood
Blackadder
PlanetPakistan
lardbucket
DJ_Smerk
taipan
Henry Nolonga
skully
spangler
WideWally
Fred Nerk
Henry
Red
20 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Pak. keeper goes missing leaving a cryptic message - Page 3 Empty Re: Pak. keeper goes missing leaving a cryptic message

Post by embee Tue 09 Nov 2010, 05:03

Batting and fielding averages Mat Inns NO Runs HS Ave BF SR 100 50 4s 6s Ct St
Tests 1 2 0 88 88 44.00 201 43.78 0 1 15 0 2 0
ODIs 4 4 2 48 19* 24.00 68 70.58 0 0 3 0 1 1
T20Is 3 3 0 23 17 7.66 30 76.66 0 0 1 0 0 1

Perhaps he thought the only way he could underperform that career was to not turn up ...

Does this throw more suspicion on Kamran Akmal being deliberately bad as a keeper?
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26217
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Pak. keeper goes missing leaving a cryptic message - Page 3 Empty Re: Pak. keeper goes missing leaving a cryptic message

Post by PlanetPakistan Tue 09 Nov 2010, 05:03

Zat wrote:I'll take that as a no, you didn't actually read them.

As for talking on the phone or skype, WTF?
i did read and i don't agree.

Josh Carney wrote:
PlanetPakistan wrote:
Josh Carney wrote:Crooks are freely moving around as in society as opposed to this guy who had to run away to London for being straight.

Thats a silly post
Subcontinent in particular allows mass murderers like Modi to move freely and corrupt crooks like Zardari are the president so a mere spot fixing case is nothing compare to that.
Don't trash around. This discussion is about the crook Pakistani cricketers and only Pakistan can fix it if they want to. I find it very amusing where Paksitani supporters divert attention pointing to guys like Modi or tend to generalise in Sub continental terms to dilute the discussion when the heat is on.

your instant anger suggests that you are not too amused when tables are (easily) turned. I suggest you stop making stupid comments or leave the kitchen if you can't handle the heat
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Number of posts : 10285
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Flag/Background : pak

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Carney Tue 09 Nov 2010, 05:09

PP still in denial. Perhaps you will wake up one day.

Josh Carney

Number of posts : 1751
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by bliksem Tue 09 Nov 2010, 05:09

He's round my house, mowing the lawn.
bliksem
bliksem

Number of posts : 1005
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 09 Nov 2010, 05:10

You live in London?
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by bliksem Tue 09 Nov 2010, 05:12

No, Dubai. He came round this afternoon looking for "honest work" (his words), so I got him to wash the car first and now he's tackling the garden. He had his own overalls and everything.
bliksem
bliksem

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Tue 09 Nov 2010, 05:15

Henry wrote:I think it would do more harm than good to Pakistan and the game in general if they are banned from the game for a certain period of time.

What does need to change though is their culture of blaming everyone else but themselves when something goes wrong. They have always done it. They're never prepared to admit that they have done something wrong or that the problem lies with them. All that does is suggest the corruption goes all the way to the top.

The threat to sue Micky Arthur over the comments he made is just the latest example. When (amongst other things) your former coach was more than likely murdered, you are battling allegations of spot fixing and match fixing, and your first choice wicketkeeper has fled the squad because he fears for his life, why would you worry about suing a former South African coach who says that he was suspicious about what happened in a match between Pakistan and South Africa a few years back?

FFS, get your priorities right.

Henry,
Unlike Josh you don't seem to have any sinister agenda(and you are probably not as thick) how ever it's strange to see you defending Arthur whose claim was purely based on a batting collapse.

PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Tue 09 Nov 2010, 05:17

Josh Carney wrote:PP still in denial. Perhaps you will wake up one day.
...and i suggest that you SLEEP and read your comments again tomorrow(when your agenda has been fulfilled) and see how stupid you sounded.

PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 09 Nov 2010, 05:22

PlanetPakistan wrote:
Henry wrote:I think it would do more harm than good to Pakistan and the game in general if they are banned from the game for a certain period of time.

What does need to change though is their culture of blaming everyone else but themselves when something goes wrong. They have always done it. They're never prepared to admit that they have done something wrong or that the problem lies with them. All that does is suggest the corruption goes all the way to the top.

The threat to sue Micky Arthur over the comments he made is just the latest example. When (amongst other things) your former coach was more than likely murdered, you are battling allegations of spot fixing and match fixing, and your first choice wicketkeeper has fled the squad because he fears for his life, why would you worry about suing a former South African coach who says that he was suspicious about what happened in a match between Pakistan and South Africa a few years back?

FFS, get your priorities right.

Henry,
Unlike Josh you don't seem to have any sinister agenda(and you are probably not as thick) how ever it's strange to see you defending Arthur whose claim was purely based on a batting collapse.

I'm not defending or supporting Arthur. I'm wondering why the PCB are always so quick to threaten legal action against anyone who accuses them of doing something bad, but so slow to deal with the much more important problems they have such as murders, match fixing, drugs, dressing room fights, and players running away....that sort of thing.

Last edited by Henry on Tue 09 Nov 2010, 05:28; edited 1 time in total
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Carney Tue 09 Nov 2010, 05:23

Yep keep acting precious and blame others. If this is typical of the Pakistani attitude then that explains why Pakistan is going deeper and deeper into the manure.

Sinister agenda ha ha there is not need for one from anybody. It is all unravelling in front of us.

Josh Carney

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 09 Nov 2010, 05:29

bliksem wrote:No, Dubai. He came round this afternoon looking for "honest work" (his words), so I got him to wash the car first and now he's tackling the garden. He had his own overalls and everything.

Being a keeper I imagine he had his own 'gardening gloves' as well.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by bliksem Tue 09 Nov 2010, 05:32

Josh Carney wrote: If this is typical of the Pakistani attitude then that explains why Pakistan is going deeper and deeper into the manure.

The Pakistani in my garden is certainly going deeper and deeper into the manure at the moment. Those flowerbeds won't fertilize themselves you know.
bliksem
bliksem

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Tue 09 Nov 2010, 05:35

Josh Carney wrote:Yep keep acting precious and blame others. If this is typical of the Pakistani attitude then that explains why Pakistan is going deeper and deeper into the manure.

Sinister agenda ha ha there is not need for one from anybody. It is all unravelling in front of us.

looking back at my post i do apologize for the harsh words and the personal insults(kuch zaida hoo gaya)

how ever the orginal point still stands
you posted
Josh Carney wrote:It is very sad to see that a guy who apparently wanted to stay clean is driven out in life threatening circumstances. Doesn't say much for the integrity of the rest of the team.

And Asif, Amir and Butt are freely moving around, goes to show how dysfunctional Pakistan has become. Can anyone be blamed if they still think Bob Woolmer's death is suspicious.

The bold part indicates that you obviously crossed the perimeters of the conversation yet when i tackled your off topic point you ran back and claimed it to be a conversation MERELY regarding the crooked players.
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Carney Tue 09 Nov 2010, 05:51

PP, After the Spot fixing was exposed, we saw angry Pakistani fans remonstrating on TV that Asif, Butt and Amir won't be allowed to set foot in Pakistan. Some fellow also filed a case in Lahore on the charges of treason. Yet these players have come back and are moving freely and even have the galll to challenge the ICC ban. Yet we see this seemingly honest guy Haider taking flight overnight with genuine concerns about the welfare for his family.

That was the reason I made those comments. It is almost like the society has become numb to these things.

Last edited by Josh Carney on Tue 09 Nov 2010, 22:30; edited 1 time in total

Josh Carney

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Tue 09 Nov 2010, 06:16

Henry wrote:I think it would do more harm than good to Pakistan
Given that Pakistan has, for years - going back to the days of cheating umpires (which resulted in neutral umpires whose word they still wouldn't accept) and through a match-fixing culture that has been discussed ad nauseum - basically cheated its way wherever it could, to the detriment of the few honest people involved in the game there, it's getting mighty close to 'who cares' time for the game in Pakistan. It's almost a lost cause.
and the game in general if they are banned from the game for a certain period of time.
So a team that thrives on corruption being allowed to continue playing is good for the game? Shocked

Zat

Number of posts : 28872

Back to top Go down

Post by buckSH Tue 09 Nov 2010, 07:55

PlanetPakistan wrote:
Josh Carney wrote:PP still in denial. Perhaps you will wake up one day.
...and i suggest that you SLEEP and read your comments again tomorrow(when your agenda has been fulfilled) and see how stupid you sounded.

& Pakistan is 160 million Modis man. What the hell you talking about ?

Are there any non-Islamic minorities left in Pakistan in any case, almost all have been murdered or live under threat, coercion.

You feel you have a instant readymix formula to irritate the Hindus, but hell your own house is hardly blemishless. ho hum . .

buckSH

Number of posts : 3027
Registration date : 2009-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Tue 09 Nov 2010, 09:18

WTAAS

Fred Nerk

Number of posts : 8821
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Tue 09 Nov 2010, 09:45

To lighten the debate, how do we know they weren't betting on him disappearing before the match? Smile
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17071
Registration date : 2007-10-28
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Tue 09 Nov 2010, 10:41

If this is true and PP's assertion that the honest players being too afraid to report match-fixing is true, Pak needs to be banned. Don't see any other solution.
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by buckSH Tue 09 Nov 2010, 10:53

btw he has now announced retirement from London. So say the news agencies.

buckSH

Number of posts : 3027
Registration date : 2009-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Tue 09 Nov 2010, 11:32

i can imagine a young cricketer making his debut in a test against pakistan and hoping he goes on to make a duck or concede 0-100 in a loss. at least he'll know its real

The One

Number of posts : 9035

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Tue 09 Nov 2010, 11:55

vilkrang wrote:Something needs to be done, how can any match be taken seriously with Pakistan involved when we see what happens to one of the good guys?

It's just Qasim Omar and Rashid Latif all over again

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38123
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Tue 09 Nov 2010, 12:31

or ata ul rehman. or yasir hameed. or....

The One

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Wed 10 Nov 2010, 07:21

in the best traditions of pakistani cricketers...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/other_international/pakistan/9170707.stm

The One

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Wed 10 Nov 2010, 07:48

They should rename that country Flouncistan.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next