Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LOL. Athers casts the rod, and Langer takes the bait

+10
Gary 111
Eric Air Emu
Hass
Jontyh
horace
taipan
Fred Nerk
ever hopeful
Basil
Henry
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

LOL. Athers casts the rod, and Langer takes the bait - Page 2 Empty Re: LOL. Athers casts the rod, and Langer takes the bait

Post by embee Mon 10 Jan 2011, 22:18

Chappelli hates Waugh ...and gives zero rating to any Waugh achievement

Chappelli is is a bitter and twisted old qunt

He's lost his cap ...cant sell it and now calls it worthless

The cap is a symbol ...you only get one if you have played a Test for Oz ...(usually) they aren't given away easily
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26213
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

LOL. Athers casts the rod, and Langer takes the bait - Page 2 Empty Re: LOL. Athers casts the rod, and Langer takes the bait

Post by embee Mon 10 Jan 2011, 22:20

Zat wrote:
Eric Air Emu wrote:I think it's an English thing of not being seen to be too fanatical about anything.
Yet it's OK for an Englishman to travel halfway around the world, dress up like a chick, get chock full of piss, chant out mind-numbingly-dull obnoxious chants all day, and say that's not being too fanatical? Gotcha.

Dont tar every pom with the Roebuck and Nicholas brush .....
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26213
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Mon 10 Jan 2011, 22:35

Dont tar every pom with the Roebuck and Nicholas brush

chuckle ......... you know though mb, I actually felt some admiration for Nicholas the few times I unmuted the CEddie coverage during this series. As a pom, he inwardly must have been loving what he was watching, yet he remained optimistic and sympathetic to the Australian position, without being santimonious.
That, of course, comes with the rider that I heard very little of him.
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Number of posts : 7267
Registration date : 2007-09-11
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Mon 10 Jan 2011, 22:40

Rubbish. Nicholas was as devastated as the Aussie commentators. There was hardly any chance whatsoever to get a Michael Clarke induced erection. The poor man even resorted to talking about Brett Lee looking good and fit, despite him not playing any part in the Ashes series.

It was like, "England 540/3, and on target for a huge score here at the Adelaide Oval........I saw Brett Lee the other day. Gosh he's looking fit. We'll be seeing him for the one dayers i'm sure....."
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Mon 10 Jan 2011, 22:42

And I bet you barred up when he said that.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Mon 10 Jan 2011, 22:52

Zat wrote:And I bet you barred up when he said that.

suicide
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Mon 10 Jan 2011, 22:54

How did the meeting go between you two? Did you exchange insults as well as pints?
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Mon 10 Jan 2011, 23:01

Nah, no insults. Just pints and solutions for Australian cricket.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Mon 10 Jan 2011, 23:05

Had a great time meeting Trev. Got him a guest pass into the members. There was a slight problem with getting him into the members due to the dress code.

For some reason this was unacceptable:
LOL. Athers casts the rod, and Langer takes the bait - Page 2 Daffyd_narrowweb__300x414,0

But this was OK:
LOL. Athers casts the rod, and Langer takes the bait - Page 2 _40170784_daffyd_203

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Mon 10 Jan 2011, 23:08

PMSL. Laughing

Bastard! You promised!
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Mon 10 Jan 2011, 23:10

Come on, that was like a Hilfenhaus attempted outswinger, it just sat there and said 'hit me to the boundary please'. How could I refuse?

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Mon 10 Jan 2011, 23:16

hehehehe...good times
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Mon 10 Jan 2011, 23:19

Zat wrote:Come on, that was like a Hilfenhaus attempted outswinger, it just sat there and said 'hit me to the boundary please'. How could I refuse?

And I was up since 6am trying on different outfits. The humidity was a nightmare for my mascara as well......
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by Hass Tue 11 Jan 2011, 01:17

I know everyone quotes Orwell on everything these days, but I've always remembered this quote from one of his wartime essays.

I grew up in an atmosphere tinged with militarism, and afterwards I spent five boring years within the sound of bugles. To this day it gives me a faint feeling of sacrilege not to stand to attention during ‘God save the King’. That is childish, of course, but I would sooner have had that kind of upbringing than be like the left-wing intellectuals who are so ‘enlightened’ that they cannot understand the most ordinary emotions. It is exactly the people whose hearts have never leapt at the sight of a Union Jack who will flinch from revolution when the moment comes.

I'm like Eric - it may be "childish", but I'd rather have my heart leap at the sight of a baggy green than not.

Orwell wrote that at a time of national crisis during World War Two, but the principles remain the same. Afterall, he's the same man who wrote that sport was war minus the shooting.

We need our myths and our symbols. At a time when cricket was losing touch with its past due to the spread of pyjama cricket, when people were death-riding Tests, Steve Waugh cultivated a tradition which made Australian cricketers feel like they were part of something bigger... which indeed they were and still are.

You can build loyalty and respect on metaphysical absract ideas, but the base is usually a bit stronger if you've got some concrete symbols to help you along.

Hass

LOL. Athers casts the rod, and Langer takes the bait - Page 2 MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2401
Registration date : 2007-09-10
Flag/Background : nsw

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Tue 11 Jan 2011, 01:24

It's simple really, Athers is still sore at being sledged by embee after the Boxing Day Test in 06. The poor bastard's mentally scarred by it.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2