Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England and Australia Ashes ratings

+14
horace
DJ_Smerk
Jontyh
Eric Air Emu
Lara Lara Laughs
JKLever
eowyn
taipan
Henry
Red
Paul Keating
Zat
philcric
LeFromage
18 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

England and Australia Ashes ratings - Page 3 Empty Re: England and Australia Ashes ratings

Post by JKLever Wed 12 Jan 2011, 01:16

This sh!t deserves to be seen by many more people than our incestuous little group...
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

England and Australia Ashes ratings - Page 3 Empty Re: England and Australia Ashes ratings

Post by Gary 111 Wed 12 Jan 2011, 01:28

Dello wrote:
Gary 111 wrote:
Australia vs England, 2010/11
For Harry Ricky and Lloyd Mitch, every day is a no-brainer.
Dumb and Dumber

I made this for another thread, but went with Clarkey-no-mates instead of Midge...

England and Australia Ashes ratings - Page 3 Dumb-a10

Aye - Ricky was a no-brainer, but there were so many others to choose from for the other role...
Gary 111
Gary 111

Number of posts : 5717
Registration date : 2007-09-02

http://www.flamingbails.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ_Smerk Wed 12 Jan 2011, 17:42

No Zombieland?

Come on, Bill Murray made that film!

Best cameo ever?
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Number of posts : 15938
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Keating Wed 12 Jan 2011, 22:09

Gotta agree with LLL, Dumb and Dumber is just genius. I don't even like Jim Carrey, but that film is a classic.

Never seen Ground Hog day. Is it worth two hours of my miserable life?

Lost in Translation was a bitter disappointment for me. It could have been so much better. Still got to see scenery of my favourite country and my favourite hottie.
Paul Keating
Paul Keating

England and Australia Ashes ratings - Page 3 Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4663
Registration date : 2007-10-25
Flag/Background : wi

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Wed 12 Jan 2011, 22:16

Paul Keating wrote:
Never seen Ground Hog day. Is it worth two hours of my miserable life?

And then some.

Lost in Translation was a bitter disappointment for me. It could have been so much better. Still got to see scenery of my favourite country and my favourite hottie.

If Bill Murray in a kimono does it for you, who am I to judge?
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Wed 12 Jan 2011, 22:37

Eric Air Emu wrote:I honestly don't know how you can find Ed Wood dull. Plenty going on and Martin Landau was brilliant.

Rushmore was offbeat but I thought Jason Schwartzman's character was compelling enough to take you through the film.

To be honest, Eric, I can't remember the film too well. Often, with films I have only seen once, a long time ago, I remember my reaction and thoughts (clever, admirable, dull) but not too much of the film itself. I remember a moving scene with the Bela Lugosi character in a house with net curtains where (I think) he is talked out of suicide. And I remember Depp doing some really great character acting and being amusing on set ("yep, that'll do" after one take).

Apart from that, not a lot. I believe you need to watch good movies twice to fully appreciate them so I will try and give it a re-watch.

Rushmore. Again, only watched it once a long time ago. Just didn't think it was anywhere near as interesting or funny as Life Aquatic or Tenenbaums. But most people have the complete opposite opinion on Rushmore. They think it's his best, i think it's one of his worst.

I would recommend the Life Aquatic to anyone. Severely underrated. Funny, sad, bittersweet. One of my fave movies. And lots of lovely Murray screen time.
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Number of posts : 8943
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Air Emu Thu 13 Jan 2011, 00:16

Well each to their own LLL. You should though give Ed Wood a second viewing. I've seen it 4 or 5 times and it does it for me every time. Johnny Depp's very good as well, his character is just so sweet and upbeat despite being so talentless.

Haven't seen Rushmore for a little while so may need to critically reappraise it. It was possibly my first Wes Anderson film which may have made it leave a stronger impression.

Love the Life Aquatic, esp the soundtrack. Am with you there.

Was quite underwhelmed by the Darjeeling limited but thought the Fantastic Mr Fox was a return to form.
Eric Air Emu
Eric Air Emu

Number of posts : 1954
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3