Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England won the Ashes (Australia lost them)

+8
Invader Zim
Zat
footwork
DJ_Smerk
PeterCS
skully
Brass Monkey
ever hopeful
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

England won the Ashes (Australia lost them) Empty England won the Ashes (Australia lost them)

Post by ever hopeful Tue 15 Sep 2009, 10:54

There's no need for anyone to respond to this thread; I just started it because I like seeing the words up there when I log on. I'll probably add to it from time to time just to keep it on the front page.
ever hopeful
ever hopeful

Number of posts : 922
Registration date : 2009-07-13
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

England won the Ashes (Australia lost them) Empty Re: England won the Ashes (Australia lost them)

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 15 Sep 2009, 11:12

A. Shes.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

England won the Ashes (Australia lost them) Empty Re: England won the Ashes (Australia lost them)

Post by skully Tue 15 Sep 2009, 11:14

Winners are grinners.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105888
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Tue 15 Sep 2009, 12:06

Losers are .... snoozers?
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Sep 2009, 13:34

It's going to be brutal when we lose them...

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ_Smerk Tue 15 Sep 2009, 14:00

I think Ever Hopeful will cop some flack, if and when we hand the Urn back.
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Number of posts : 15938
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by footwork Tue 15 Sep 2009, 14:18

ever hopeful wrote:There's no need for anyone to respond to this thread; I just started it because I like seeing the words up there when I log on. I'll probably add to it from time to time just to keep it on the front page.

I must inform you Sir that your opening statement is a Tautology. No
Thus, it is erroneous!! cheers

As an 'added bonus', I am 'first introducing' these grammatical findings for your consideration; and am making to you a 'free gift' of this knowledge, that you might 'understand the reason why' tautology is not recommended, while 'planning ahead' to your next thread-title. applause

Razz Very Happy Twisted Evil Cool aces

Aussies still rule!! (even if figuratively)

boozin
footwork
footwork

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by ever hopeful Tue 15 Sep 2009, 19:52

footwork wrote:
ever hopeful wrote:There's no need for anyone to respond to this thread; I just started it because I like seeing the words up there when I log on. I'll probably add to it from time to time just to keep it on the front page.

I must inform you Sir that your opening statement is a Tautology. No
Thus, it is erroneous!! cheers

As an 'added bonus', I am 'first introducing' these grammatical findings for your consideration; and am making to you a 'free gift' of this knowledge, that you might 'understand the reason why' tautology is not recommended, while 'planning ahead' to your next thread-title. applause

Razz Very Happy Twisted Evil Cool aces

Aussies still rule!! (even if figuratively)

boozin
I should have thought all that went without saying. No, really, I mean it.
ever hopeful
ever hopeful

Back to top Go down

Post by footwork Tue 15 Sep 2009, 22:18

An audience member approached Jimmy Carr after his show and said:
'I think you were extremely patronising to Americans.' ('patronising' with a long 'a' as in 'hate').

Carr: Don't you mean 'patronising'? (this with a short 'a', as in cat.) And I wasn't patronising, because that would mean I was 'talking down' at you. And I'm far too busy to do that, dealing with important matters that you wouldn't understand.'

Pomparse Superiorist. No, really, I mean it. Cool
footwork
footwork

Back to top Go down

Post by ever hopeful Tue 15 Sep 2009, 22:29

Do you mean I'm a pomparse superiorist or Jimmy Carr is? Just so my little brain's clear on the matter (or clearer).
ever hopeful
ever hopeful

Back to top Go down

Post by footwork Tue 15 Sep 2009, 22:38

D'ya like Jimmy Carr?
I've just discovered him and think he's hilariarse. If putrid. And most unPC.
I think it's the upper-class vibe he gives off, while being a brat at the same time.
Remind you of anyone? Laughing
footwork
footwork

Back to top Go down

Post by ever hopeful Tue 15 Sep 2009, 22:52

I do find him quite funny, yes, although for some reason he's got a bit of a reputation for being a bit of an unfunny pretender over here. Some other comedians and the comic Viz, for example, have got it in for him. I think it's partly because he does a lot of corporate functions. Don't think Jimmy gives a toss. Wouldn't say he's all that posh though. More middle class really.
ever hopeful
ever hopeful

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Tue 15 Sep 2009, 23:23

DJ_Smerk wrote:I think Ever Hopeful will cop some flack, if and when we hand the Urn back.
Meh, eh ran and hid for most of the Ashes and is a head of the 'sing when you're winning' brigade.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ_Smerk Tue 15 Sep 2009, 23:27

Shoeshine and PJ are others who can be specifically classed as, "Ashes forummers".
DJ_Smerk
DJ_Smerk

Number of posts : 15938
Registration date : 2007-09-08
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Wed 16 Sep 2009, 01:03

Re: Jimmy Carr. Can be funny, out of nowhere. Unrelentingly cutting (though not to the extent of Frankie Boyle. More like Dara O'Briain. Or maybe Russell Howard with far more talent, better humour and less effort.)

A bit disquieting though. Maybe it's partly the odd build of his face that makes him a bit robot-alien-looking (no facism intended here, just adds to his weird alien inspirational mystique).

He can come across as smug, but I dont' think there's anything upper claaass about him. I think it's partly his exocet-type approach.

Whoa ... I got way too serious there. Apologies for any offence.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by ever hopeful Wed 16 Sep 2009, 12:31

Zat wrote:
DJ_Smerk wrote:I think Ever Hopeful will cop some flack, if and when we hand the Urn back.
Meh, eh ran and hid for most of the Ashes and is a head of the 'sing when you're winning' brigade.
I wasn't exactly hiding, just on holiday (for some reason my hotel room had padded walls and an accidentally locked door, but it was just all a misunderstanding).
As for copping flak if England ever lose the urn again; Bring it on! I was still chirping away through the 2007 drubbing I think you'll find.
And yes, I'm pretty much mainly just an "Ashes forummer" most of the time. Hell, I can't spend my whole life on here you know.
ever hopeful
ever hopeful

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Thu 17 Sep 2009, 01:57

ever hopeful wrote:Hell, I can't spend my whole life on here you know.
Why not? You sook.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Thu 17 Sep 2009, 04:45

Little threads have a right to legs too.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Thu 17 Sep 2009, 12:24

Jimmy Carr's well funny. To call him upper class is riddick though.

Leave off Russell Howard, Pete, he's funny as f*ck.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Invader Zim Thu 17 Sep 2009, 12:28

Giggity.
Invader Zim
Invader Zim

Number of posts : 6396
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Thu 17 Sep 2009, 12:31

Noice. Shame he's not bobbing his head.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Invader Zim Thu 17 Sep 2009, 12:32

Allllright...
Invader Zim
Invader Zim

Number of posts : 6396
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by footwork Fri 18 Sep 2009, 02:49

Brass Monkey wrote:Jimmy Carr's well funny. To call him upper class is riddick though.

Leave off Russell Howard, Pete, he's funny as f*ck.

'riddick' - d'ya have a frog in yer throat, brassy? Cool

In the spirit of defensive arcing, and righteous indignation, let me say my words were, 'he gives off an upper-class vibe while being a brat', not, 'he's upper class.' Do I detect a whiff of nit-pickery? Not on This forum, Shirley! Razz

Since prolly many in Aus wouldn't know who the hell Jimmy Carr even is, I think I'm doing pretty well! Hrmph!
footwork
footwork

Back to top Go down

Post by footwork Fri 18 Sep 2009, 02:50

Invader Zim wrote:Giggity.

I prefer Jimmy to Bob. Very Happy
footwork
footwork

Back to top Go down

Post by ever hopeful Fri 18 Sep 2009, 12:40

To be fair to footwork, anyone whose great grandfather didn't steal/shag sheep for a living probably gives off an "upper class vibe" to most Australians. They probably think Frank Skinner's quite posh too.
ever hopeful
ever hopeful

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next