Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The SCG, 5th Ashes Test. Some pics.

+10
skully
horace
Basil
Zat
JGK
Eric Air Emu
Jontyh
JKLever
philcric
Henry
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The SCG, 5th Ashes Test. Some pics. - Page 2 Empty Re: The SCG, 5th Ashes Test. Some pics.

Post by JGK Thu 13 Jan 2011, 08:50

skully wrote:
JGK wrote:I am almost certainly in that first picture there. We were in the Ladies' concourse.
Were you wearing a tight skirt with an uplift bra? Twisted Evil

No, I wasn't dressed like Lardy.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

The SCG, 5th Ashes Test. Some pics. - Page 2 Empty Re: The SCG, 5th Ashes Test. Some pics.

Post by skully Thu 13 Jan 2011, 08:51

snigger
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105947
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Thu 13 Jan 2011, 08:57

JGK, that is a truly tragic Dubber fantasy ... still, you should have joined us for the assassination

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38103
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Thu 13 Jan 2011, 08:58

btw Zat - you got some good pictures on the first day, dincha?

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38103
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Thu 13 Jan 2011, 08:59

Wow, that only took 7 minutes.

I did see who I think was skully through the binocs. We left early that day because of the rain.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Thu 13 Jan 2011, 09:38

lardbucket wrote:btw Zat - you got some good pictures on the first day, dincha?
Yeah, got some on each day of the match. Will post on the weekend when I have some time.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Air Emu Fri 14 Jan 2011, 08:34

What do our Aussie friends think of not being allowed to leave and Re-enter the ground during a day's play and not being able to walk a circuit of the ground (not that there's anything but satanic ugliness to be seen outside of the member's area) at the SCG? This is almost unheard of (ESP the former) at any English ground.

We enjoyed the second day more once we were resigned to venturing no further than our seats and nearest bar for the whole day.
Eric Air Emu
Eric Air Emu

Number of posts : 1954
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Fri 14 Jan 2011, 08:36

Eric Air Emu wrote:What do our Aussie friends think of not being allowed to leave and Re-enter the ground during a day's play
It sucks pus, big time.

Fortch I was in the members for days 3-5, and so able to venture to the Paddo RSL for lunch. Superb food, and cold beer at $3.50 a schooner.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Fri 14 Jan 2011, 08:49

Eric Air Emu wrote:What do our Aussie friends think of not being allowed to leave and Re-enter the ground during a day's play and not being able to walk a circuit of the ground (not that there's anything but satanic ugliness to be seen outside of the member's area) at the SCG? This is almost unheard of (ESP the former) at any English ground.

We enjoyed the second day more once we were resigned to venturing no further than our seats and nearest bar for the whole day.

Entry & re-entry was the only thing remotely 21st century at the Gabba. The feckin SCG is archaic, which is 10 metres behind bland Hass.

I get the limiting the movement around the ground thing - those that bought the cheap seats in the east spending the day clogging up the passageways in the west.
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Number of posts : 7267
Registration date : 2007-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Fri 14 Jan 2011, 08:56

There's so many things people can't do when they come to a game of cricket in Australia these days- No re-entry, no moving around the ground, no Mexican waves, no instruments....no fun, really.

It's not surprising attendances are falling.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Fri 14 Jan 2011, 09:03

Still, having tried to move during rain breaks, I don't think I could be bothered moving from my seat. What a seething mass of humanity it was under the stands.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Fri 14 Jan 2011, 09:04

What a seething mass of humanity it was under the stands.
No wonder you didn't want to meet up with Trev.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Hass Sat 15 Jan 2011, 06:29

Eric Air Emu wrote:What do our Aussie friends think of not being allowed to leave and Re-enter the ground during a day's play and not being able to walk a circuit of the ground (not that there's anything but satanic ugliness to be seen outside of the member's area) at the SCG? This is almost unheard of (ESP the former) at any English ground.

Not allowing pass outs for re-entry is an absolute joke. I hate it.

Not being able to walk a circuit of the ground isn't the end of the world, but it would be nice. The members have always got in the way, but you used to be able to have a decent walk around on the old concourse, which disappeared when the Trumper Stand was erected.

I still love the ground because I can remember all the amazing days I have experienced there in the past, but it is true that she ain't what she used to be.

By the way, I managed to sneak into the Trumper Stand last year on a concourse ticket and got a seat right behind the bowler's arm. When my eyes wandered I could see the skyscrapers of Sydney towering over the old green stands - it was a lovely view indeed.

Hass

The SCG, 5th Ashes Test. Some pics. - Page 2 MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2401
Flag/Background : nsw

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sat 15 Jan 2011, 07:42

In the good ol' days (pre-80s) you could walk anti-clockwise from southern side of the Ladies to the northern side of the Members (so only the 2 stands couldn't be covered) and back again at Concourse level (a quick trip upstairs was required to get into the Noble Concourse). But the Members have now snaffled the Noble Stand and they've separated all other stands from each other. Qunts.

Shirley being able to walk the Concourse (other than the Ladies and the Members) around the ground isn't too much to ask?
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric Air Emu Sat 15 Jan 2011, 16:01

[this is Rachel]

I think the combination of not allowing a full circuit and not allowing re-entry was particularly irritating. Either on it's own would not have had such an impact.

However, the most galling thing of all was the jumped up little twat that kept popping up in the big screen during the interval, at one point encouraging spectators to visit some of the activities ("dunk a pom", etc.). This was fun at the MCG and we enjoyed having a look at the various stalls. However, as the stalls were outside the ground, at the SCG this would have involved quitting the match at lunchtime, never to return, ****** tools.
Eric Air Emu
Eric Air Emu

Number of posts : 1954

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Sun 16 Jan 2011, 05:47

Khawaja's first ball in Test cricket
The SCG, 5th Ashes Test. Some pics. - Page 2 Khawaj10

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Sun 16 Jan 2011, 05:50

MIchael Beer's first wicket in Test cricket (at the third go)
The SCG, 5th Ashes Test. Some pics. - Page 2 Beer_f10

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Sun 16 Jan 2011, 05:53

The Steve Waugh statue being unveiled in the SCG grounds on day 3. It's in the members' so the plebs can't see it.
The SCG, 5th Ashes Test. Some pics. - Page 2 Waugh_10

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Sun 16 Jan 2011, 05:56

Victory celebrations
The SCG, 5th Ashes Test. Some pics. - Page 2 Victor10

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Sun 16 Jan 2011, 05:57

One for the Poms to savour... as they say, HALATSB
The SCG, 5th Ashes Test. Some pics. - Page 2 One_fo10

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Sun 16 Jan 2011, 05:59

And the retired Paul Collingwood enjoys a cold one after the match.
The SCG, 5th Ashes Test. Some pics. - Page 2 Colly10
Would have taken more of theplayers, but the overzealous security Nazis got very precious at this point.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sun 16 Jan 2011, 06:24

Magnanimous stuff, Zoggy. Noice work.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Sun 16 Jan 2011, 07:30

Good work Zat. That last pic of Colly seems like it was a rushed job before one of the dopes in the fluro shirts told you to go away.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Sun 16 Jan 2011, 07:35

That was the best of several blurry shots snapped in a great rush. Over the shoulder of a mate who stood in the nazi's way.

Zat

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Sun 16 Jan 2011, 11:31

Did you cop a feel from the Tongan nazi?
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2