Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The TV thread

+7
JKLever
Brass Monkey
spangler
Jontyh
JGK
Zat
skully
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The TV thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The TV thread

Post by LeFromage Wed 02 Feb 2011, 12:59

If anyone's interested in a great show, get thee some Breaking Bad.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Wed 02 Feb 2011, 13:02

Dello wrote:If anyone's interested in a great show, get thee some Breaking Bad.

Seen the qunt, cheers, it's very good. Heard there's gonna be a 2nd series. Wickeda-wickeda-woooo-o-o-o.......
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Wed 02 Feb 2011, 13:07

Brass Monkey wrote:
Dello wrote:If anyone's interested in a great show, get thee some Breaking Bad.

Seen the qunt, cheers, it's very good. Heard there's gonna be a 2nd series. Wickeda-wickeda-woooo-o-o-o.......

Eh? Season four starts in the summer.

I've told you before, forumming and skag don't mix.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Wed 02 Feb 2011, 13:11

Dello wrote:
Eh? Season four starts in the summer.

I've told you before, forumming and skag don't mix.

Haaa, 'we' haven't even got Season 2 on the measly old Sky - that's pretty nuts all in all - shows how far FX are behind yanksville. Depressing in a way.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Wed 02 Feb 2011, 13:19

Oh, you're watching on TV. How very old school.

Bollocks to that. Last thing I watched on the tele was the Lost finale. And it was rubbish for any number of reasons. Number one, Sky somehow managed to miss the beginning, broadcasting a blank screen for a good couple of minutes. Number two, so many ad breaks. Is that what television has become now? Number three: their timing was way off - I guess they couldn't sell enough advertising space, so the show ended about 20 minutes before it was scheduled to end. Which pissed me right off, as I had no idea I was watching the climactic moment of the final episode. I was checking my watch, thinking "oh, there's 20 minutes left - where are they going with this?" And then it ended.

Number four, it was just a rubbish finale.

LeFromage
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Feb 2011, 13:26

Aye, after a few months reflection it was probably the most disappointing finale I've ever seen. I was looking forward to watching the whole series all the way through after the finale, thinking there were going to be loads of "ahhh I see what they were doing now, it all makes sense!" moments, but obviously that wouldn't happen even once.

I've mentioned it before, but if any of you mother fuclers haven't seen The Wire then get the F**k on it. First few episodes start off a bit slow but it's quntishly amazing if you give it time. And that is a show that when watching for the second time almost every scene is a "ahhh I see what they were doing now, it all makes sense!" moment. Even the first few episodes which seemed boring the first time fit into the grand scheme of things. It's such a good show it makes me hard thinking about it, every other show has seemed shite in comparison.

****** watch it now you ******. ****** now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Wed 02 Feb 2011, 13:29

Dello wrote:Oh, you're watching on TV. How very old school.

Bollocks to that. Last thing I watched on the tele was the Lost finale. And it was rubbish for any number of reasons. Number one, Sky somehow managed to miss the beginning, broadcasting a blank screen for a good couple of minutes. Number two, so many ad breaks. Is that what television has become now? Number three: their timing was way off - I guess they couldn't sell enough advertising space, so the show ended about 20 minutes before it was scheduled to end. Which pissed me right off, as I had no idea I was watching the climactic moment of the final episode. I was checking my watch, thinking "oh, there's 20 minutes left - where are they going with this?" And then it ended.

Well, it was Lost, dello.

I've got the internet at home, through the medium of a dongle - fine.

I've got a nice laptop - fine.

I just happened to piss on my laptop; which is somewhat of a long story - not fine. Luckily, I only need a keyboard circuit board.

And no, I didn't get the recommended warrantly, so stop acting like my missus.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Feb 2011, 13:30

You can't drop a bombshell like that without elaborating. How the fark did you piss on your laptop? Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Wed 02 Feb 2011, 13:32

vilkrang wrote:Aye, after a few months reflection it was probably the most disappointing finale I've ever seen. I was looking forward to watching the whole series all the way through after the finale, thinking there were going to be loads of "ahhh I see what they were doing now, it all makes sense!" moments, but obviously that wouldn't happen even once.

I've mentioned it before, but if any of you mother fuclers haven't seen The Wire then get the F**k on it. First few episodes start off a bit slow but it's quntishly amazing if you give it time. And that is a show that when watching for the second time almost every scene is a "ahhh I see what they were doing now, it all makes sense!" moment. Even the first few episodes which seemed boring the first time fit into the grand scheme of things. It's such a good show it makes me hard thinking about it, every other show has seemed shite in comparison.

****** watch it now you ******. ****** now.

Everyone's seen the Wire by now. If they haven't, they don't even qualify as human beings anymore, so who cares? Let them eat cake.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Feb 2011, 13:34

When did this human being qualification with relation to The Wire come into effect? I only watched it last year...

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Wed 02 Feb 2011, 13:35

vilkrang wrote:You can't drop a bombshell like that without elaborating. How the fark did you piss on your laptop? Laughing

Uhhhhh, ok, to paraphrase: one and a half days drinking half an hours sleep, a lot of money from a redundancy pay-off gave me financial omnipotence, my overtly twattish nature combined with my lady being away, someone said something about being careful with my laptop... fill in the blanks yourself. It stopped my huge binges, however, so some good's come from it.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Wed 02 Feb 2011, 13:37

**meekly raises hand** ahem, I haven't watched The Wire yet - everybody has told me how good it is, but I just didn't want another TV programme in my life at the time.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Wed 02 Feb 2011, 13:37

Brass Monkey wrote:

Well, it was Lost, dello.

I've got the internet at home, through the medium of a dongle - fine.

I've got a nice laptop - fine.

I just happened to piss on my laptop; which is somewhat of a long story - not fine. Luckily, I only need a keyboard circuit board.

And no, I didn't get the recommended warrantly, so stop acting like my missus.

Yeah, my Apple warranty on my Macdaddiobook is up this month. I have the option to extend it for a further two years, in exchange for cold hard cash, or I can just let it run out and take my chances like some kind of adrenaline junkie.

What to do? It's been a solid citizen for the last year, but it's a certainty that the day the warranty runs out, it'll blow a fuse. Or I'll piss on it accidentally.

It was an accident, right?
LeFromage
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Wed 02 Feb 2011, 13:39

vilkrang wrote:When did this human being qualification with relation to The Wire come into effect? I only watched it last year...

*points, Donald Sutherland-syle, and screams*
LeFromage
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Wed 02 Feb 2011, 13:41

Dello wrote:Yeah, my Apple warranty on my Macdaddiobook is up this month. I have the option to extend it for a further two years, in exchange for cold hard cash, or I can just let it run out and take my chances like some kind of adrenaline junkie.

What to do? It's been a solid citizen for the last year, but it's a certainty that the day the warranty runs out, it'll blow a fuse. Or I'll piss on it accidentally.

It was an accident, right?

Ummm, it would be better to extend your warranty - I happen to have a friend who can sort laptops out - i.e. PC and not Mac, Mac's are harder to sort out anyway and if I didn't have said fixer, I'd have got a warranty. Saying that it's been about 8 months, maybe more since the incident and I just haven't got around to sorting it out Very Happy. Yes, I know, I'm an absolute twat.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Wed 02 Feb 2011, 13:47

Brass Monkey wrote:**meekly raises hand** ahem, I haven't watched The Wire yet - everybody has told me how good it is, but I just didn't want another TV programme in my life at the time.

Oh, for f*ck's sake. This is like finding out Santa is just "Uncle Tony" who isn't really my Uncle and there's no such thing as appropriate genital caressing when conducted by a middle-aged "relative" in a Santa suit. The "have you been good" measurement isn't taken orally.

Your cool-rating just dropped, like, five points. No - six.

Has my whole life been a lie? I don't know who to trust anymore...
LeFromage
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Wed 02 Feb 2011, 14:08

You know how it is when you want to buck a trend, you get some people who watch the X-Factor, they tell you that The Wire is really excellent or some people who interrupt you to tell you about The Wire or some who inadvertently spit a bit of their (too)large mouthful of burger at you whilst excitedly trying to tell you about The Wire or couples who tell you how they've got The Wire series on DVD and tell you how they just watch four in a row without even realising or some people on an internet forum who seem so fervent that you just want to flout them all with indifference.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Feb 2011, 14:36

No one who likes the X Factor likes The Wire. They are mutually exclusive.

Stop lying.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Wed 02 Feb 2011, 21:34

Aye, everybody needs a friend like Bob*
Brass Monkey wrote:I happen to have a friend who can sort laptops out - i.e. PC and not Mac
How good a friend does someone have to be so you can comfortably go to them and say 'Here, I pissed on this, can you fix it?'

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Wed 02 Feb 2011, 22:19

Brass Monkey wrote:You know how it is when you want to buck a trend, you get some people who watch the X-Factor, they tell you that The Wire is really excellent or some people who interrupt you to tell you about The Wire or some who inadvertently spit a bit of their (too)large mouthful of burger at you whilst excitedly trying to tell you about The Wire or couples who tell you how they've got The Wire series on DVD and tell you how they just watch four in a row without even realising or some people on an internet forum who seem so fervent that you just want to flout them all with indifference.

Of course, there comes a point where you've weathered so much gushing over The Wire that, were you to finally wake the f*ck up and rejoin humanity by watching it, it'd probably be a crushing disappointment because it's been built up too much in your fragile little mind.

You might have missed the window of opportunity...
LeFromage
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Nolonga Wed 02 Feb 2011, 22:20

Seen a couple of episodes of Boardwalk Empire now. It's starting of a little slowly and to be honest with all the hype around i thought it would be better.

Not as good as Mad Men in my opinion.
Henry Nolonga
Henry Nolonga

Number of posts : 1639
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Feb 2011, 22:39

Henry Nolonga wrote:Seen a couple of episodes of Boardwalk Empire now. It's starting of a little slowly and to be honest with all the hype around i thought it would be better.

Not as good as Mad Men in my opinion.
The Wire started off like that too though. Couldn't see what all the fuss was about after the first few episodes but it turned out awesome. I'm going to give myself a weekend where I'm not busy to go through the first season I think.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jontyh Wed 02 Feb 2011, 23:28

Stumbled across State of Play on Amazon for a couple of quid and took a punt.
Well worth the price of a pint.
Jontyh
Jontyh

The TV thread - Page 2 MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2257
Registration date : 2008-01-18
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 03 Feb 2011, 10:16

The Big Bang Theory is good for a grin.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105943
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Thu 03 Feb 2011, 10:32

Zat wrote:
How good a friend does someone have to be so you can comfortably go to them and say 'Here, I pissed on this, can you fix it?'

Well, the lucky thing was one of the two mates there with me ran round the table and rugby tackled me, so I ended up pissing half of it on the rug. And a bit on him. So the damage could've been worse. I used the classic 'glass of water' excuse.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next