Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aus Federal Politics thread (II)

+17
WideWally
Hass
PeterCS
Henry
taipan
JGK
Bradman
Zat
bodyline
G.Wood
Big Dog
lardbucket
skully
horace
embee
Paul Keating
Mick Sawyer
21 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Aus Federal Politics thread (II) - Page 2 Empty Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (II)

Post by bodyline Mon 30 May 2011, 07:42

horace wrote:
G.Wood wrote:
Paul Keating wrote:Fark bring back the good ol' days of Howard.

This shite is boring me.

I prefer when we could be Howard haters or Howard huggers..

It's obviously because torries are more reasoned ( Suspect ) than you pinkos.

Imagine the stinkfest if LJH decided to send asylum seekers to Maylaysia to get caned.

but alley downer may have defected there for the private schoolboy experience

I'd say Bob Brown is a more likely candidate - especially if it includes a gimp suit!

bodyline

Aus Federal Politics thread (II) - Page 2 MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2335
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Aus Federal Politics thread (II) - Page 2 Empty Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (II)

Post by Big Dog Mon 30 May 2011, 08:11

bodyline wrote:
horace wrote:
G.Wood wrote:
Paul Keating wrote:Fark bring back the good ol' days of Howard.

This shite is boring me.

I prefer when we could be Howard haters or Howard huggers..

It's obviously because torries are more reasoned ( Suspect ) than you pinkos.

Imagine the stinkfest if LJH decided to send asylum seekers to Maylaysia to get caned.

but alley downer may have defected there for the private schoolboy experience

I'd say Bob Brown is a more likely candidate - especially if it includes a gimp suit!

aces
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Mon 30 May 2011, 08:12

nah Alley would have been there looking like billy bunter is his school uniform but wearing the famous fishnets
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 30 May 2011, 08:55

Hehehe, some grouse contributions today. Not by horrie, of course, who repeats himself because perhaps he can't remember what happened 5 minutes ago. Cool
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105942
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 30 May 2011, 09:26

I see the US and Russia have rejected moves to go to stage 2 Kyoto protocols on Climate Change. Hmm, money well spent, Cate Blanchette and Michael Caton.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Mon 30 May 2011, 09:31

skully wrote:I see the US and Russia have rejected moves to go to stage 2 Kyoto protocols on Climate Change. Hmm, money well spent, Cate Blanchette and Michael Caton.

Aye....those two extremelly well paid actors can afford to pay the carbon tax. Its the ordinary families, trying to survive on $40,000 a year or less who are going to suffer the cost of Juliars arrogance.
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 30 May 2011, 09:39

Julia was a Ravenswood Private Girls School at Killara today launching her campaign to get Aussie chicks to sign onto to her "1 million women say yes" campaign against Climate Change. You couldn't see the school after all the North Shore Mums left a cloud of smog from their V8 Range Rovers, Rollers and Beamers.

"Prime Minister Julia Gillard has told students at an exclusive girls' school that her own generation needs to show leadership on climate change.

She used her appearance at Ravenswood School, on Sydney's north shore, to praise the idealism of Australia's younger citizens."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perhaps this generation can save the world by spending all their free time on Facebook and Twitter?
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Keating Mon 30 May 2011, 13:21

So someone who has been an environmentalist all their life, someone who has an economics degree from Australia's best university and someone who is extremely successful in their chosen career is somehow less qualified to speak out on climate change.

Tell me again how anyone in the Liberal party aside from Greg Hunt are any more qualified than Cate?
Paul Keating
Paul Keating

Aus Federal Politics thread (II) - Page 2 Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4663
Registration date : 2007-10-25
Flag/Background : wi

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 30 May 2011, 13:34

But is she someone who understands the economic conditions of a middle income earner, Ponts?

Yes, each side can use this how ever they see fit. Obviously my slant was like the papers had it - a rich bitch who baths in 100 dollar bills, lecturing to the struggling mortgage belt that they need to pay more to do Australia's bit to save the world, when the rest of the world is saying 'Fark this for a lark".

Sorry, mate, but I'm with Tony Windsor. If the world is serious, then as an Aussie count me in. If the world is not (and it isn't) then WTF sting the Aus middle class with a tax that could take them to the wall to achieve absolutely sweet fark all on a world scale.

My simple question remains - will a carbon tax in Australia make any difference to overall world greenhouse gas emissions? The answer is clearly NO.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Tue 31 May 2011, 00:26

What has happened in this place that the torries are sticking up for the battlers?

Let the westie farkers eat cake or stop consuming stuff that causes pollution and they won't needt to worry about the tax
G.Wood
G.Wood

Number of posts : 12070
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 31 May 2011, 00:54

Shut up and eat your caviar.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Keating Tue 31 May 2011, 01:08

My friend lives in Ryde and he considers himself part of the North Shore. ROFLMFAO

Paul Keating
Paul Keating

Aus Federal Politics thread (II) - Page 2 Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4663
Registration date : 2007-10-25
Flag/Background : wi

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 31 May 2011, 01:18

Hehehe, a wannabe yuppie?

RD only considers the North Shore anything north of the Harbour and East of the Wakehurst Parkway (about 10 kms from the ocean). Therefore, at Hornsby, I am nowhere near the North Shore and am very much an RD westie. Cool
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 31 May 2011, 01:51

skully...are your moccasins made from goat skins?
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 31 May 2011, 01:54

I can't afford shoes, h. The bottom of my feet are leathery hard from walking to the salt mines barefooted every day.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by bodyline Wed 01 Jun 2011, 03:10

skully wrote:I can't afford shoes, h. The bottom of my feet are leathery hard from walking to the salt mines barefooted every day.

I'd blame the greens for that!

bodyline

Back to top Go down

Post by bodyline Wed 01 Jun 2011, 03:30

Time to fire up the lefty commie b@stards

TONY Abbott has rejected the latest climate change report from economist Ross Garnaut as an assault on democracy, warning that it proposes to give a committee of unelected appointees the power to set tax rates.
As the Opposition Leader yesterday complained of a "democratic deficit" over Labor's proposed carbon tax, Julia Gillard noted the report rejected Mr Abbott's proposal to tackle climate change through direct action measures such as planting trees.

Delivering his final climate change update report at the National Press Club yesterday, Professor Garnaut said the direct action approach risked entrenching the political culture of vested interests that had resisted economic reform for eight decades.

"The big rewards in low-emissions investments in regulatory approaches would go to those who persuaded the minister or the bureaucrat that their idea was worthy of being included in the direct action plan," he said.

"If not under the government that introduced the direct action policies then under the governments that followed."

In his report, Professor Garnaut proposed the establishment of an independent committee to set Australia's carbon emission reduction levels -- a proposal that could break the deadlock preventing Labor from winning Greens' support for the tax.

Mr Abbott seized on the proposal, warning it would put the power to set tax rates out of the hands of accountable politicians.

"There is a developing democratic deficit here," he said. "First of all the Prime Minister wasn't upfront with the Australian public before the election. Now the idea that taxes in this country should effectively be set by people who are outside the parliament, and who are not accountable to the people, I think, is just odd.

"This just goes to show how out of control the government is on this whole climate change question."

Later, the Opposition Leader continued his attack in question time, noting that the report said: "Australian households will ultimately bear the full cost of a carbon price".

"So how can (the Prime Minister) continue to maintain that her tax only makes big polluters pay?" Mr Abbott asked parliament.

"Who pays? Big polluters or households? The truth is: households."

Ms Gillard accused Mr Abbott of misrepresenting the report, and hit back by pointing out that the report criticised Mr Abbott's direct action policy.

"Using direct action measures to achieve a similar amount of emissions reduction would raise costs much more than carbon pricing, but would not raise the revenue to offset or reduce the costs in any of these ways," Ms Gillard said.

"We are putting a price on carbon that big polluters would pay.

"By paying that price, they would have the incentives they need to act to reduce the carbon pollution that they emit."

Ms Gillard said tax cuts had not yet been ruled out as a means by which to compensate households for the effect of the tax. "What that means is that he (Mr Abbott) has decided to go to the next election ripping assistance out of people's hands," she said.

bodyline

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 01 Jun 2011, 04:16

Heard an interesting analysis of the ad Cate Blanchette stars in. Apparently they use a power station from London that's been closed for 30 years to depict the "smoke belching power stations" that saying "Yes" to will allegedly get under control. What?

For those who don't know, Aussie power stations emit steam from the massive cooling towers and highly filtered exhausts from high tech stacks. shrug
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Wed 01 Jun 2011, 04:54

"smoke belching power station"

that's what Liz calls TGM
G.Wood
G.Wood

Number of posts : 12070
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Wed 01 Jun 2011, 05:00

And justifiably so. The Great Man is a dead set legend.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 01 Jun 2011, 07:07

G.Wood wrote:"smoke belching power station"

that's what Liz calls TGM
Hehehe. Too & a Shay.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by bodyline Wed 01 Jun 2011, 07:14

Sorry

bodyline

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Wed 01 Jun 2011, 07:17

Maybe they should recruit TGM for the next set of adds if he promises to cut the fogs and baked beans by ten%?
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by bodyline Wed 01 Jun 2011, 07:18

What's wong penny????

bodyline

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Wed 01 Jun 2011, 07:22

"accountable politicians"

That's up there with the redundancy of "leftie commies".

What sort of degree does Abbott have? It's certain he hasn't looked at the constitution lately. Last time I checked taxes were the perogative of the Parliament.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next