Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aus Federal Politics thread (III)

+17
Leo
WideWally
Zat
Hass
G.Wood
lardbucket
Mick Sawyer
horace
Invader Zim
Bradman
bodyline
skully
embee
Paul Keating
JGK
Big Dog
taipan
21 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Aus Federal Politics thread (III) - Page 3 Empty Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (III)

Post by skully Thu 21 Jul 2011, 07:59

horace wrote:I do not subscribe to the view that we have to unfurl our umbrellas everytime it rains in Washington
That hardly answers the question, h. If a pinko govt was in power when George W rang to ask us to join the coalition of the willing, are you genuinely saying that the commies would've said "no"??

99...100...change hands, h.

Last edited by skully on Thu 21 Jul 2011, 08:01; edited 1 time in total
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105942
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Aus Federal Politics thread (III) - Page 3 Empty Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (III)

Post by horace Thu 21 Jul 2011, 08:00

it is when you talking about the ALP...australia has two main parties
Extreme right Coalition and the right wing ALP
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 21 Jul 2011, 08:01

Still not an answer, h. Yes or no - would've a pinko PM at the time said "no" to George W.?
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Thu 21 Jul 2011, 08:04

I think even that looney toon right winger Rudd would have told Goerge to get a grip
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Thu 21 Jul 2011, 08:11

"""The Federal Court in Perth has banned the founder of the discredited fuel pill technology company Firepower from managing companies for 20 years.

The Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) brought action against former Firepower chairman Tim Johnston after the company collapsed in 2008, leaving investors more than $100 million out of pocket."""

lots of libs and ex military types caught up in this scandal...Johnston should be in jail

horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 21 Jul 2011, 08:14

So you are saying that the pinkos would've said "fark off, George W."?

You do know that Hawke couldn't say "yes" quick enough when the original George made the call for the Gulf War, right? [The United States assembled a coalition of forces to join it, consisting of forces from 34 countries: Argentina, Australia, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Egypt, France, Greece, Italy, Kuwait, Morocco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Niger, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Portugal, Qatar, South Korea, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Spain, Syria, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom and the United States itself]. - Gulf War - wiki.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Thu 21 Jul 2011, 08:17

Gulf W1 was clearer...saddam had invaded Kuwait
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 21 Jul 2011, 08:20

But you stick by a "Yes - a Pinko PM in 2003 would've told George W. to go fark himself when he called to ask Aus to join a coalition of the willing"??

You've danced around this worse than the Vulture answering "did you deliberately lie to the electorate because you knew you were farked in the polls if you didn't?"
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Keating Thu 21 Jul 2011, 08:35

Huh?

I already answered this questions pages back.

Yes, Beazley would have gone to war.

No, Latham would not have gone to war.

Answer me this, with the benefit of hindsight, did the Coalition fark this policy up?
Paul Keating
Paul Keating

Aus Federal Politics thread (III) - Page 3 Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4663
Registration date : 2007-10-25
Flag/Background : wi

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Thu 21 Jul 2011, 08:53

horace wrote:
Big Dog wrote:
JGK wrote:I only asked if you Tories knew what the word "lie" meant.

It really isn't any more tricky than that.

Still waiting for a response.

I already know what your response is going to be & Howard did'nt make any last ditched untruths to secure a close election....unlike Juliar. Her lie was calculated & devisive & has been perpetuated by her denials.

....children overboard

Laughing ...you know they've lost the argument when this comes up as a defence.
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Thu 21 Jul 2011, 08:57

When Pontoon praised Mark Latham over Beazley, because of his comments on one issue (and you know how reliable the man was) ... the argument disappeared up its own cloaca

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38097
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Keating Thu 21 Jul 2011, 08:59

How did I praise him.

Skully asked would a Labor gvt have gone to war.

I said a Labor gvt under Beazley would have. And I said a Labor gvt under Latham would not have.

Read what you want into it Rolling Eyes
Paul Keating
Paul Keating

Aus Federal Politics thread (III) - Page 3 Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4663
Registration date : 2007-10-25
Flag/Background : wi

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Thu 21 Jul 2011, 09:03

The Coalition government stuffed up no more and no less than an ALP government elected at the same time would have stuffed up. Latham was a mad arsehole and you can't pluck one of his expressed opinions, probably a lie, just to support your ridiculous argument on this occasion.

You might just as well say that Julia would not have introduced a carbon tax if she had been elected last time. Equally valid.

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Thu 21 Jul 2011, 09:12

So invading Iraq was OK and John Howard's sh!t doesn't stink just because it was likely that any alternative party would have done it as well.

It doesn't really answer the question as to whether it was a sh!t decision but never mind.

What is funnier is how the Tories still go on about the recession we had to have notwithstanding that the whole world went into recession at the same time ie the alternative party would have suffered just as badly. Yet Paul Keating is still on par with Satan in the Tories minds.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Thu 21 Jul 2011, 09:26

more straw man arguments JGK ... you can do better.

Where did anyone say Howard's poo is as white and pure as Warnie's? I'm sure it stinks appallingly...

Yes, the decision to invade Iraq was a crap decision; and Howard was the bunny who made it, but the decision would have been the same if the ALP were in power ... THAT is why it's ridiculous to pillory Howard for that decision.

Paul Keating is Satan because he knew the GST was the right policy ... but in one of the biggest policy backflips ever seen, sacrificed his principles (if he ever had any) for the opportunity to beat Hewson with political nous rather than good policy.

For every 'children overboard' rallying cry there is a 'L-A-W or banana republic' retort ... they're nearly all scum (though that Ellis woman looks useful)

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 21 Jul 2011, 09:27

Pity h doesn't seem to be capable of it, Ponts.

And no, IMHO the Coalition didn't fark it up. I've said it before and I'll say it again, us supporting the US is a given any time they ask. In return we get a guarantee of assistance if ever we are in the miltary sh!t.

Ooh look, a straight answer.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 21 Jul 2011, 09:32

Deary me, I can't quite believe the pinkos the way they trot out the Iraq War as some sort of defence against the absolutely sh!thouse performance of the current government. It's like saying "Ponting is not so bad, look at how crap Yallop was."

I'm living in the present, boys. You might try it sometime.

And in other hilarious news, Cold Chisel are reforming and have loudly declared that their tour will be "Carbon positive, we will be flying everywhere and emitting as much as we can." Heh, take that Vulture, you out-of-touch-with-the-will-of-the-people crone.

Last edited by skully on Thu 21 Jul 2011, 09:33; edited 1 time in total
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Thu 21 Jul 2011, 09:33

Paul Keating is Satan because he knew the GST was the right policy ... but in one of the biggest policy backflips ever seen, sacrificed his principles (if he ever had any) for the opportunity to beat Hewson with political nous rather than good policy.

So why isn't Abbott Satan as well? Or indeed Howard for apparently knowingly going to war under false pretences just because another world leader asked. The "other side would have done it" argument doesn't it cut it because it was in Howard's power to make the right decision.

For the record - I will happily admit that opposing the GST wasn't Keating's finest hour as a Prime Minister.

Last edited by JGK on Thu 21 Jul 2011, 09:36; edited 1 time in total

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 21 Jul 2011, 09:34

Careful JGK, you will be accused of "losing it". Cool
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Thu 21 Jul 2011, 09:37

So why isn't Abbott Satan as well?

Well lets elect him & see.
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Thu 21 Jul 2011, 09:38

skully wrote:Deary me, I can't quite believe the pinkos the way they trot out the Iraq War as some sort of defence against the absolutely sh!thouse performance of the current government. It's like saying "Ponting is not so bad, look at how crap Yallop was."

Again, making statements like "sh!thouse performance" of the current government without anything to actually show that that's the case.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Thu 21 Jul 2011, 09:38

Big Dog wrote:
So why isn't Abbott Satan as well?

Well lets elect him & see.

Well he had one chance last year and he'll have another in a couple of years.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Thu 21 Jul 2011, 09:41

skully wrote:Careful JGK, you will be accused of "losing it". Cool

Haven't seen any evidence of it yet. Blind partisan support for his own side, but there has been no deviation from his normal loveable persona.

It's good to see you back and I trust things are tracking a bit better.

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 21 Jul 2011, 09:43

JGK wrote:
skully wrote:Deary me, I can't quite believe the pinkos the way they trot out the Iraq War as some sort of defence against the absolutely sh!thouse performance of the current government. It's like saying "Ponting is not so bad, look at how crap Yallop was."

Again, making statements like "sh!thouse performance" of the current government without anything to actually show that that's the case.
Oh dear. You've banned me from stating all the bleeding obvious ones, mate (Woody alluded to one earlier). But you can add taxing the bejeezus out of industry and passing the costs on to us mug voters, to achieve absolutely sweet fark all for the environment, as the no. 1 fark up.

Worst.Govt.Ever.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Thu 21 Jul 2011, 09:43

lardbucket wrote:
skully wrote:Careful JGK, you will be accused of "losing it". Cool

Haven't seen any evidence of it yet. Blind partisan support for his own side, but there has been no deviation from his normal loveable persona.

It's good to see you back and I trust things are tracking a bit better.
Well, I was trying to be ironic, but there you go. shrug
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next