Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aus Federal Politics thread (III)

+17
Leo
WideWally
Zat
Hass
G.Wood
lardbucket
Mick Sawyer
horace
Invader Zim
Bradman
bodyline
skully
embee
Paul Keating
JGK
Big Dog
taipan
21 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Aus Federal Politics thread (III) - Page 40 Empty Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (III)

Post by G.Wood Sun 09 Oct 2011, 23:01

I saw a story yesterday that they are considering getting mobile ATMs to park outside the clubs to get around the restrictions on onsite withdrawals.

For organisations that are supposed to be there for the community they are the most immoral disgusting thunderqunts I have ever come across.
G.Wood
G.Wood

Number of posts : 12070
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Aus Federal Politics thread (III) - Page 40 Empty Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (III)

Post by horace Mon 10 Oct 2011, 00:27

agree entirely...makes my deal with tobaccy corporations to import and sell branded cigarette cases moral by comparison
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Mon 10 Oct 2011, 01:07

G.Wood wrote:I saw a story yesterday that they are considering getting mobile ATMs to park outside the clubs to get around the restrictions on onsite withdrawals.

For organisations that are supposed to be there for the community they are the most immoral disgusting thunderqunts I have ever come across.

And there are "Catholic Clubs" amongst them. Cardinal Pell has been quite quiet on the proposed legislation so far.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Mon 10 Oct 2011, 01:15

of course Pell would be quiet - he is head of religio gansta outfit
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Mon 10 Oct 2011, 07:36

I'm pretty sure that in the lead-up to random breath testing being introduced, there were calls from pub and club owners saying it would be the end of the world, and nobody would go out if RBT was brought in.

...and they were right. Hundreds of Pubs closed & are still closing but its ridiculous to compare the two issues. They are chalk & cheese.
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Mon 10 Oct 2011, 07:40

Pubs have always closed. Was the rate of pub closures increased by RBT? Was it impacted by the banning of smoking in Pubs?

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38097
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Mon 10 Oct 2011, 07:43

lardbucket wrote:Pubs have always closed. Was the rate of pub closures increased by RBT? Was it impacted by the banning of smoking in Pubs?

In my observations i would say both although the former more than the latter. I only have to look around the CBD to see the number of my old watering holes that are now empty or been converted to backpacker accomodation.
Big Dog
Big Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Mon 10 Oct 2011, 07:45

Probably the same ones I drank at (Travs, Wheatsheaf, Cornish, Doghouse, The Clarendon, the Good Woman, etc, etc. Is the View still open?).

You have to consider the possibility that we put them out of business.

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Mon 10 Oct 2011, 07:51

Aye, the View is still open but its more of a restaurant than a Pub these days. You can add the Bav Tav & The Man at the Wheel to the list as well. The Cornish is still open but its now known as 'The Mens Gallery'...topless barmaids, pole dancers & the like. The sort of place you need to wear a long Mac to get in.
Big Dog
Big Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Mon 10 Oct 2011, 07:54

Thank God there was a Pub on every corner to start with, and there are still hundreds open. You are rarely more than a block away from a pub in Hobart ...

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Mon 10 Oct 2011, 08:00

You can say the same about any Capital but they are becoming fewer all the time & many of those that remain do so because the revenue from gaming machines subsidises the loss of bar trade.
Big Dog
Big Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Mon 10 Oct 2011, 08:02

It just seems a crying shame to rob the intellectually handicapped that way.

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Mon 10 Oct 2011, 08:18

lardbucket wrote:It just seems a crying shame to rob the intellectually handicapped that way.

Perhaps we should be thankful that the ' intellectually handicapped ' are a small minority compared to the responsible punters.
Big Dog
Big Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Zat Mon 10 Oct 2011, 08:23

Big Dog wrote:
lardbucket wrote:It just seems a crying shame to rob the intellectually handicapped that way.

Perhaps we should be thankful that the ' intellectually handicapped ' are a small minority compared to the responsible punters.
In the same way the 'intellectually handicapped' are a small minority compared to responsible non-drinking drivers.

And no comment on the clubs data that shows they were lying about the damage BDAbbott?

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Mon 10 Oct 2011, 08:30

And no comment on the clubs data that shows they were lying about the damage BDAbbott?

As i said, i only have to open my eyes.
Big Dog
Big Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Mon 10 Oct 2011, 08:46

Big Dog wrote:

With the Liberals having over 50% support in the latest polls, I am not so sure about that.

-------

http://www.flamingbails.com/viewtopic.forum?t=11814

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40