Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aussie cricketers accused of match fixing

+8
embee
JGK
skully
furriner
Zat
G.Wood
lardbucket
horace
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Aussie cricketers accused of match fixing - Page 2 Empty Re: Aussie cricketers accused of match fixing

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 11 Oct 2011, 14:27

In all seriousness, I still find it dumbfounding that people are that thick as to still be equating fixing a single ball or whatever to match-fixing. Astonishing. It really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really is.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Aussie cricketers accused of match fixing - Page 2 Empty Re: Aussie cricketers accused of match fixing

Post by Henry Tue 11 Oct 2011, 14:32

Under today's rules in regards to match fixing, Warney would probably have been banned for about 10 years for his involvement with John the bookie in 1994 which would have effectively ended his international career on about 150 test wickets.

Just saying.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Oct 2011, 14:37

I thought he just supplied weather reports? He didn't actually change the outcome of a match did he?

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 11 Oct 2011, 14:42

He promised to tie his shoelace on the 2nd ball of his 12th over. Which, as I'm sure you could imagine, not only changed the outcome of that match, but of the entire series, and the next one. And the next one.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 11 Oct 2011, 14:46

He actually promised to gain weight, cheat on his wife several times with numerous women, and take banned substances in an effort to destroy his career.

It didn't work and John and his clients aren't happy.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Oct 2011, 14:52

I'll take that as a "no".

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 11 Oct 2011, 14:53

They paid him $200,000 to stick his willy between his legs. They called it 'tuck-fixing'. Of course people equated it to match-fixing. So it was only right that accusations of match-fixing came for every poor performance an Aussie player has or adverse result to occur to Australia. "Ooh that was fixed", they screamed in the most unimaginative, hysterical and precious way possible.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Oct 2011, 15:00

Thanks for clearing that up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 11 Oct 2011, 15:02

That's what she said.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Oct 2011, 16:57

Who? This lady?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Oct 2011, 17:18

Zat wrote:
furriner wrote:
Zat wrote:
furriner wrote:
vilkrang wrote:Hardly proof. This guy isn't exactly the most honest person that ever lived so I would take everything he says with a pinch of salt.

As far as I understand it, it's another tape.

If this isn't proof, neither is what he said against the Pakistani players, is it?

In which case....
From the original post (please read it before reflexively jumping to their defence furri)

Sorry if that is reflexive Zatty.

Will re-read.

Edit: I admit that a "cheatin' Pakistani cricketer" (apologies PP) is a 100 times more likely than an "cheatin' Australian cricketer"*. But a tape (audio) is not to be dismissed easily.

* Farqin qunt of a racist Bhajji Ausssie bastard would be a typical Aussies cricketer in my book. Qunt.

If the tape was of something actually happening, then yeah. But the tape described in the OP seems to be of a bloke making an allegation, not of anything actually happening. Dare I use the word? I think I must. It is, at best, hearsay...
Laughing Laughing Laughing

You're right though.

Back to top Go down

Post by MrPrez Tue 11 Oct 2011, 20:07

The bookie is looking for attention.

That is all.
MrPrez
MrPrez

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2011-09-28
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Oct 2011, 20:10

Sage.

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 11 Oct 2011, 21:00

ICC says no evidence of Aus fixing

"A senior anti-corruption officer for the ICC told a court on Tuesday that his department had no evidence of any match-fixing carried out by the Australia team.

Alan Peacock, who has been with the ICC's anti-corruption and security unit since its inception in September 2000, was asked a question by Salman Butt's legal team as to whether he had evidence that Australia fix matches or parts of matches. "We have no evidence," he replied."

----------------------------------------

Given the ICC's anti-corruption and security unit's lack of success in tracking ans shutting down match-fixing, this evidence would be about as reliable as the tapes.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105986
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Oct 2011, 21:11

skully wrote:ICC says no evidence of Aus fixing

"A senior anti-corruption officer for the ICC told a court on Tuesday that his department had no evidence of any match-fixing carried out by the Australia team.

Alan Peacock, who has been with the ICC's anti-corruption and security unit since its inception in September 2000, was asked a question by Salman Butt's legal team as to whether he had evidence that Australia fix matches or parts of matches. "We have no evidence," he replied."

----------------------------------------

Given the ICC's anti-corruption and security unit's lack of success in tracking ans shutting down match-fixing, this evidence would be about as reliable as the tapes.
Was never in any doubt in my mind. Unless there was some video evidence of an Australian player or a video claiming an Aussie player would do something at an exact time which ended up happening then there was no story.

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 11 Oct 2011, 21:16

ICC's anti-corruption and security unit is a bit like the Bureau of Meteorology, always getting it wrong and never being held to account.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Oct 2011, 21:17

The f**k is the Bureau of Meteorology?

Google here I come....

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 11 Oct 2011, 21:19

It's our main government Weather Centre.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Oct 2011, 21:20

Ah the weather.

Our predictions are sh!t too if it's any consolation.

And instead of "Oh, it's only sh!tting hot today, not motherf**king sh!tting hot like they said it would be" we get "Oh, there's 40ml of rain today. They said it would only be 30".

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 11 Oct 2011, 23:34

apparently the sleezeball used to manage Nathan Hacken...who he exonerated from being a mix fixer...

satory on the wireless and the Age this morning
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 11 Oct 2011, 23:35

Hacken is not amused
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary 111 Tue 11 Oct 2011, 23:44

I'm not surprised the agent was bragging and making up a few extra tales - but the fact is the journalist handed over the cash and the bowlers bowled the no-balls, so he was starting from a solid base and then exagerating.

Having shown they are corrupt it is only a small step to throwing a match, name your price and they will deliver.

Does anyone know what he said about Goldenhair Gower? Apparently the agent was slagging off the Pakistan President, Asif Ali Zardari and Goldenhair Gower, can't imagine what he did to get him so irate?
Gary 111
Gary 111

Number of posts : 5717

http://www.flamingbails.com

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Wed 12 Oct 2011, 00:51

furriner wrote:
vilkrang wrote:Hardly proof. This guy isn't exactly the most honest person that ever lived so I would take everything he says with a pinch of salt.

As far as I understand it, it's another tape.

If this isn't proof, neither is what he said against the Pakistani players, is it?

In which case....

Note to self: don't forum drunk (well not all the time) because it won't make sense when sober.
furriner
furriner

Number of posts : 12508
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Wed 12 Oct 2011, 00:53

I thought that was some of your most erudite work
G.Wood
G.Wood

Number of posts : 12070
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Wed 12 Oct 2011, 00:54

Surely you meant 'erotic' you filthy pervert.

furriner
furriner

Number of posts : 12508
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next