Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Series predictions, India v Australia

+14
MrPrez
doremi
skully
Eric Air Emu
The One
chris.broxton
Invader Zim
Brass Monkey
tricycle
PeterCS
JGK
spangler
Henry
lardbucket
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Series predictions, India v Australia - Page 2 Empty Re: Series predictions, India v Australia

Post by skully Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:58 am

It's the pessimist in me, Dan. With their top 7, there is no way we will take 20 wickets if 4 flat decks are provided. Aus is prone to a bad session here and there these days, enough to get the Bannies across the line. Maybe 2-0 is overly dire, perhaps 1-0 in a tedious series may be closer to the mark.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105983
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Series predictions, India v Australia - Page 2 Empty Re: Series predictions, India v Australia

Post by MrPrez Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:27 am

Aussies can't play spin nowadays. India to dump two spinners in every match (regardless the pitch) and try bamboozle their way to victory!
MrPrez
MrPrez

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2011-09-29
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:29 am

skully wrote:It's the pessimist in me, Dan. With their top 7, there is no way we will take 20 wickets if 4 flat decks are provided. Aus is prone to a bad session here and there these days, enough to get the Bannies across the line. Maybe 2-0 is overly dire, perhaps 1-0 in a tedious series may be closer to the mark.

I'm looking for some fireworks, I'm sure both teams can at least get a little snarky Wink

Aye, their top 7 is top drawer, they're finding ways to get out though. Aus have some young bowling talent, so it should at least provide some intriguing viewing in seeing how they go against the big boys.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:30 am

MrPrez wrote:Aussies can't play spin nowadays. India to dump two spinners in every match (regardless the pitch) and try bamboozle their way to victory!

They did well versus Swann for the most part, but I agree in that I think Ashwin and Ojha could provide some real problems for Aus - I reckon they're useful on flattish decks too.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by MrPrez Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:33 am

I'm just remembering their numerous collapses at the WC.
MrPrez
MrPrez

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2011-09-29
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:36 am

MrPrez wrote:I'm just remembering their numerous collapses at the WC.

Clarke(exceptional), Watson, Ponting and Hussey are all good players of spin. But they aren't as good as they used to be, that's for sure. They're certainly prone to a collapse, though usually the spinners haven't even had a chance to get on Wink
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:43 am

It is surprising that the likes of Clarke, Watson, et al freeze when balls are swung in front of them
G.Wood
G.Wood

Number of posts : 12070
Registration date : 2007-09-07
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:05 am

Clarke has always been like that... his 35 average was the flukiest I'd seen in 2005. Jury's out on Watson. Ponting was quite good at handling it, not as imperious as his usual form but still a cut above most. Think Hussey did pretty good in two or four series I can remember when the ball was moving, but there have been many when the ball wasn't doing much.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:10 am

To be fair to this mob, we have struggled when the ball has swung for a long time. Even when we were at full pomp we struggled against a swinging cherry
G.Wood
G.Wood

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:10 am

Did I hear this morning that India had gone out to 3.20 to win the series?

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:17 am

G.Wood wrote:To be fair to this mob, we have struggled when the ball has swung for a long time. Even when we were at full pomp we struggled against a swinging cherry

Suppose most teams do, really. The average-fatted-up English batsmen of today are worse than their predecessors at handling swing bowling.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:25 am

I blame facebook
G.Wood
G.Wood

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:54 am

I blame central contracts. The previous bunch didn't have the spoon-fed, back-massaged attitudes... it was sh!t yourself and dig in for the long haul. Most of these baton-swishers hardly know where the f*ck their off stump is. Prissy load of sherberts.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:19 am

I blame teabags.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:23 am

Brass Monkey wrote:I blame central contracts. The previous bunch didn't have the spoon-fed, back-massaged attitudes... it was sh!t yourself and dig in for the long haul. Most of these baton-swishers hardly know where the f*ck their off stump is. Prissy load of sherberts.

Certainly explains why they are bunch of numpties. Steve Smith is our 7th highest paid player ffs. Although that is about right when you consider that Midge is the 3rd highest.
G.Wood
G.Wood

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:28 am

Two wrongs don't make a right.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:32 am

G.Wood wrote:

Certainly explains why they are bunch of numpties. Steve Smith is our 7th highest paid player ffs. Although that is about right when you consider that Midge is the 3rd highest.

Good Christ. Yeah, I mean Midge... but Steve Smith shouldn't be the 7th highest paid player in a park team, let alone in Aus' entire cricketing employment. Shambles!
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:56 am

tricycle wrote:With an intense dislike for Kohli, Yuvraj and Harbhajan.

you have excellent taste
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:57 am

Brass Monkey wrote:I blame central contracts. The previous bunch didn't have the spoon-fed, back-massaged attitudes... it was sh!t yourself and dig in for the long haul. Most of these baton-swishers hardly know where the f*ck their off stump is. Prissy load of sherberts.

Yep, bring back Kim Barnett and Aftab Habib.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by bodyline Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:05 am

I predict MAJOR PAIN - with Clarke being dumped in the Third test with Bobby SImpson being returned as captain and Lawry and Stackpole coming out of retirmenet to open the batting.

bodyline

Series predictions, India v Australia - Page 2 MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2335
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:10 am

Series predictions, India v Australia - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROnQaE6srg5fKK--DbTb5c9xbn0AGADTOLvkcNKHd2V7P7ts7T5g
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891

Back to top Go down

Post by bodyline Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:11 am

Henry wrote:Series predictions, India v Australia - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROnQaE6srg5fKK--DbTb5c9xbn0AGADTOLvkcNKHd2V7P7ts7T5g

Exactly!

bodyline

Series predictions, India v Australia - Page 2 MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2335
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:28 pm

Invader Zim wrote:My series prediction...it'll all be very disappointing and skully will be to blame.

G.Wood wrote:I blame facebook

PeterCS wrote:I blame teabags.

Zimmy wins the virtual Mintie ...although Pete may be making a reference to one of skully's habits
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26217
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:49 pm

it may be Pete's special name for skully
G.Wood
G.Wood

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:57 pm

If it wasnt before ...it is now
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26217
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next