Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Series predictions, India v Australia

+14
MrPrez
doremi
skully
Eric Air Emu
The One
chris.broxton
Invader Zim
Brass Monkey
tricycle
PeterCS
JGK
spangler
Henry
lardbucket
18 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Series predictions, India v Australia - Page 3 Empty Re: Series predictions, India v Australia

Post by skully Tue 20 Dec 2011, 06:21

bodyline wrote:I predict MAJOR PAIN - with Clarke being dumped in the Third test with Bobby SImpson being returned as captain and Lawry and Stackpole coming out of retirmenet to open the batting.
Rod Hogg is still rolling his arm over in district cricket, no?
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105982
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Series predictions, India v Australia - Page 3 Empty Re: Series predictions, India v Australia

Post by lardbucket Wed 21 Dec 2011, 08:12

Absolute doom-mongering for Australia and its current veteran-dominated side is de rigeur, it seems, so I'm just putting this up pre-series to see what people think might happen during the series. I am assuming for now that Hussey, Haddin and Ponting will be chosen in the MCG first XI, and that Watson rather than Cowan will gain a place there, though none of these things seem as certain as Phil Hughes' exclusion.

So how many runs, how many wickets, how many Tests this year for the 'ageing and hopelessly out-of-form hacks' as caricatured by Mick, Trev, etc?

Sticking my neck out, and with rose-coloured glasses firmly plastered on:

(edited after JGK pointed out an earlier duplication error)

HUGHES: no Tests this series
WATSON: one Test, 153 runs as opener, without a century, 2 for 38 bowling and a series-ending muscle strain
COWAN: two Tests, 148 runs, 2 failures followed by a 32 and an 86
WARNER: four Tests, 145 runs, one fifty, one wicket
MARSH: one Test, 180 runs
KHAWAJA: four Tests, 257 runs, including a century in Melbourne
PONTING: four Tests, 457 runs, including a century in Melbourne and two centuries in Adelaide, a wicket somewhere
CLARKE: three Tests (missing Sydney because of a back strain), 123 runs, one fifty in Melbourne, 2 wickets
KATICH: one Test (coming in for Clarke), 44 runs
HUSSEY: four Tests, 489 runs, including a century in Melbourne, two in Sydney, and a fifty in Perth; 2 wickets: then retires
HADDIN: two Tests, 81 runs, then dropped
WADE: two Tests, 81 runs
LYON: three Tests, 6 wickets
PATTINSON: three Tests, 8 wickets
SIDDLE: three Tests: 9 wickets
JOHNSON: one Test (Perth) 8 wickets and a century (I'm not looking forward to this, I am actually scared it could happen)
HILFENHAUS: two Tests, 7 wickets
CHRISTIAN: two Tests, 5 expensive wickets
COPELAND: one Test, 1 wicket
CUTTING: one Test, 5 wickets

56 wickets isn't nearly enough and India will win two games by large margins, with Australia maybe jagging one.

At this stage I really can't envisage anything better than that happening for the good guys.

Oh, and Tendulkar will get his 100th Century in front of an adoring SCG crowd which does NOT include JGK, who will be held up en route to the ground by some transport mishap.

>>>

Hilfenhaus getting a run earlier in the series than expected ... Christian and Marsh also still in the frame. Harris and Watson not chosen so no major damage to the crystal ball there ... however, Khawaja missing out already on his place and the tipped MCG century, and Cowan debuting earlier than expected.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38123
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 21 Dec 2011, 08:44

lardbucket wrote:Oh, and Tendulkar will get his 100th Century in front of an adoring SCG crowd which does NOT include JGK, who will be held up en route to the ground by some transport mishap.
And he doesn't see it on his iPad because the sh!tty Channel Nein/Foxy app doesn't work. groucho
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105982
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Mon 26 Dec 2011, 02:08

JGK wrote:Did I hear this morning that India had gone out to 3.20 to win the series?

suspect that has come in a bit

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by tricycle Mon 26 Dec 2011, 06:14

tricycle wrote:India will get a couple of shocking decisions against them and the media will clamour for umpires to be replaced by Asimo robots..
I stand corrected already.

tricycle

Number of posts : 13349
Registration date : 2011-12-17
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Wed 28 Dec 2011, 07:54

lardbucket wrote:Absolute doom-mongering for Australia and its current veteran-dominated side is de rigeur, it seems, so I'm just putting this up pre-series to see what people think might happen during the series. I am assuming for now that Hussey, Haddin and Ponting will be chosen in the MCG first XI, and that Watson rather than Cowan will gain a place there, though none of these things seem as certain as Phil Hughes' exclusion.

So how many runs, how many wickets, how many Tests this year for the 'ageing and hopelessly out-of-form hacks' as caricatured by Mick, Trev, etc?

WATSON: one Test, 153 runs as opener, without a century, 2 for 38 bowling and a series-ending muscle strain
PONTING: four Tests, 457 runs, including a century in Melbourne and two centuries in Adelaide, a wicket somewhere
CLARKE: three Tests (missing Sydney because of a back strain), 123 runs, one fifty in Melbourne, 2 wickets
KATICH: one Test (coming in for Clarke), 44 runs
HUSSEY: four Tests, 489 runs, including a century in Melbourne, two in Sydney, and a fifty in Perth; 2 wickets: then retires
JOHNSON: one Test (Perth) 8 wickets and a century (I'm not looking forward to this, I am actually scared it could happen)

56 wickets isn't nearly enough and India will win two games by large margins, with Australia maybe jagging one.

At this stage I really can't envisage anything better than that happening for the good guys.

Oh, and Tendulkar will get his 100th Century in front of an adoring SCG crowd which does NOT include JGK, who will be held up en route to the ground by some transport mishap.

'rose coloured glasses' was an understatement!

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Wed 28 Dec 2011, 11:08

Invader Zim wrote:My series prediction...it'll all be very disappointing and skully will be to blame.

Sagacity from sheethead
G.Wood
G.Wood

Number of posts : 12070
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Thu 26 Jan 2012, 21:59

lardbucket wrote:Absolute doom-mongering for Australia and its current veteran-dominated side is de rigeur, it seems, so I'm just putting this up pre-series to see what people think might happen during the series. I am assuming for now that Hussey, Haddin and Ponting will be chosen in the MCG first XI, and that Watson rather than Cowan will gain a place there, though none of these things seem as certain as Phil Hughes' exclusion.

COWAN: one Test (coming in for Clarke), 44 runs

mixed results from the lardy reading - a bit of 'something' in the palmline might have interfered with a more accurate prediction ... seriously underestimated Clarke, Warner and Hilfy, didn't expect Haddin to survive this long, and over-estimated Khawaja's selectorial appeal. Because I expected India to do a lot better, I was expecting far more turnover of the bowling staff.

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sat 28 Jan 2012, 22:32

doremi wrote:Hopefully not 4-0 Aus. I'll be satisfied with any improvement on that scoreline.

Doomed.

I thought your prediction was bonkers!

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3