Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where does Younis Khan rank amongst Pakistan's finest bats?

+3
Paul Keating
Brass Monkey
Henry
7 posters

Go down

Where does Younis Khan rank amongst Pakistan's finest bats? Empty Where does Younis Khan rank amongst Pakistan's finest bats?

Post by Henry Wed 25 Jan 2012, 08:59

Well?

I think he's as underrated just as much as Inzamam was overrated. His record against all teams in all conditions is pretty good across the board. I'd have him above Inzy but below Miandad.

*Footnote- He's out. Bowled Broad. Surely that can't count as a 'Trev' seeing as I hadn't even posted this when it happened?
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Where does Younis Khan rank amongst Pakistan's finest bats? Empty Re: Where does Younis Khan rank amongst Pakistan's finest bats?

Post by Brass Monkey Wed 25 Jan 2012, 09:02

You Trevved him up like no-man's business.

Please start a 'Where does Misbah....' thread.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Where does Younis Khan rank amongst Pakistan's finest bats? Empty Re: Where does Younis Khan rank amongst Pakistan's finest bats?

Post by Henry Wed 25 Jan 2012, 09:03

No. Because it wouldn't be genuine. It's dangerous to mess with the power.....
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Wed 25 Jan 2012, 09:06

True. Anyway, I've always found him to be a tough batsman. He's got some strokes as well, but seems to leave a lot of them alone. Thought he was as good as Yousuf at one stage but now I'm not so sure.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Keating Wed 25 Jan 2012, 09:06

Definitely above Inzi

In the past 15 years, only Saeed Anwar is better.
Paul Keating
Paul Keating

Where does Younis Khan rank amongst Pakistan's finest bats? Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4663
Registration date : 2007-10-25
Flag/Background : wi

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Wed 25 Jan 2012, 09:10

I think Younis is better than Yousuf. Yousuf needed a flattie most of the time. Younis has made some tough runs when the team has needed them.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Wed 25 Jan 2012, 09:20

Aye, maybe you're right. Volume of runs has to count for something though and out of the two Yousuf was the more talented in terms of stroke-making.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Wed 25 Jan 2012, 09:23

Yeah definitely. Yousuf was awesome against us in 2006. A series played on flatties though, apart from Old Trafford, where all the Pakster batsmen were found out.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Wed 25 Jan 2012, 09:29

Aye, there was some really good bowling and really he stood apart from the rest. He was at his zenith then, though. Turned out to be overrated for the most part.... they were starting to speak in terms of L, T, P and Y. Which I was all 'f*ck off' about.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Wed 25 Jan 2012, 13:03

I think Younis is overrated myself. Certainly, his average flatters him.

Very good but not not great.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Wed 25 Jan 2012, 13:45

Perhaps ahead of Zaheer Abbass but not as good as Inzamam and Miandad

Inzamam was an amazing match winner.
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Number of posts : 10285
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Flag/Background : pak

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Wed 25 Jan 2012, 13:47

He was woeful against Australia, and they were the top team for most of his career.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by tricycle Wed 25 Jan 2012, 13:54

Neither does Younis. Inzy ahead of Younis for me. Then again, Inzy is one of my favourite Pakistani players.

tricycle

Number of posts : 13349
Registration date : 2011-12-17
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Thu 26 Jan 2012, 00:27

Hanif
Mushtaq
Majid
Javed
Inzamam

No higher than sixth
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Thu 26 Jan 2012, 03:19

Henry wrote:He was woeful against Australia, and they were the top team for most of his career.
Depends on the definition of woeful, he played some very useful innings!

Inzi had at least REALLY memorable innings against all countries with the exception of ZIM e.g that 57* vs AUS at Karachi in 1994 and the 138* vs BAN in 2003 were worth a LOT more than the actual numerical score. Excellent player under pressure and should easily make the PAK all time 11
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Number of posts : 10285
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Flag/Background : pak

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down