Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Right, it's like this (Game of Thrones)

+19
Merlin
PeterCS
tricycle
furriner
lardbucket
doremi
Mick Sawyer
baggygreen
Big Dog
Clutch
horace
embee
Lara Lara Laughs
JGK
Chivalry Augustus
G.Wood
Brass Monkey
taipan
skully
23 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Right, it's like this (Game of Thrones) - Page 20 Empty Re: Right, it's like this (Game of Thrones)

Post by Chivalry Augustus Tue 07 May 2013, 19:58

taipan wrote:
Chivalry Augustus wrote:DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE BOOKS.

Spoiler:

Irrespective, they're going to get a sh*t-load of series out of these books. It's got to be a ten-series show to get everything in. The rate d*ck-head is writing them at, they'll have caught up by the time another book is published. At the current rate, next year might be optimistic for the next book. 2017/18 for the last book. I wouldn't be surprised if the fat c*nt died before he finished it. C*nt.

Spoiler:

Yep GRRM must get his arse into gear.

Once again. DO NOT READ THE SPOILER IF BOOK UNAWARE.

Spoiler:
Chivalry Augustus
Chivalry Augustus

Right, it's like this (Game of Thrones) - Page 20 Svlx7uN

Number of posts : 4864
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Right, it's like this (Game of Thrones) - Page 20 Empty Re: Right, it's like this (Game of Thrones)

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Tue 07 May 2013, 23:04

I'm a bit obsessed with asoiaf at the moment. The TV series will clearly overtake the book as the series writers have ruled out a hiatus to let the books forge ahead. Logical reasoning being that the kids will have aged too much. I'd imagine Feast and Dance will be mashed up but I can't see them spending 3 or more years on those 2 books especially as not a huge amount happens in Feast.

2013 TV - book 3 part 1
2014 TV - book 3 part 2

BOOK 6 RELEASED (Grrm estimate)

2015 TV - book 4/5 part 1
2016 TV - book 4/5 part 2
2017 TV - book 6 part 1???
2018 TV - book 6 part 2???

BOOK 7 RELEASED?

Bearing in mind he took 5 years to write the fourth and 6 years to write the fifth. The 6th is scheduled for 3+ years. By the time the 7th comes out, the 7th series of the show should be starting. Except that it won't be written. I think they've resolved this by GRRM giving the producers of GOT outlines of the ending and relatively free reign. He's definitely told them, for example, who Jon Snow's mother is already.

By the way, I've just got the Dunk and Egg prequels (though not really) to ASOIAF. Has anyone read them? Are they any good? I'm guessing that the period of Dunk and Egg and the Blackfyres will have a large bearing on the main 7 books, especially as
Spoiler:
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Number of posts : 8943
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 07 May 2013, 23:41

taipan wrote:
Spoiler:
Thanks. So much happening, it's easy to lose track.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105969
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Wed 08 May 2013, 02:41

skully wrote:
taipan wrote:
Spoiler:

It crosses my mind that television might diverge re the identity of the torturer.
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Number of posts : 7267
Registration date : 2007-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 08 May 2013, 02:47

Yeah. It's why I haven't gone definitively with...
Spoiler:
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed 08 May 2013, 04:21

Lara Lara Laughs wrote:I'm a bit obsessed with asoiaf at the moment. The TV series will clearly overtake the book as the series writers have ruled out a hiatus to let the books forge ahead. Logical reasoning being that the kids will have aged too much. I'd imagine Feast and Dance will be mashed up but I can't see them spending 3 or more years on those 2 books especially as not a huge amount happens in Feast.

2013 TV - book 3 part 1
2014 TV - book 3 part 2

BOOK 7 RELEASED?

Bearing in mind he took 5 years to write the fourth and 6 years to write the fifth. The 6th is scheduled for 3+ years. By the time the 7th comes out, the 7th series of the show should be starting. Except that it won't be written. I think they've resolved this by GRRM giving the producers of GOT outlines of the ending and relatively free reign. He's definitely told them, for example, who Jon Snow's mother is already.

By the way, I've just got the Dunk and Egg prequels (though not really) to ASOIAF. Has anyone read them? Are they any good? I'm guessing that the period of Dunk and Egg and the Blackfyres will have a large bearing on the main 7 books, especially as
Spoiler:

I have read the 3 D&Es released so far. Word is that he is busy with the 4th. Personally I wish he would stop possing around and finish the books. Rumour has it that the prequels will finish with the Tragedy at Summerhall.

Spoiler:
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed 08 May 2013, 04:23

Mick Sawyer wrote:
skully wrote:
taipan wrote:
Spoiler:

It crosses my mind that television might diverge re the identity of the torturer.

Can't see the point. They already have a suspect in the frame so why invent another.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Wed 08 May 2013, 04:40

taipan wrote:

Can't see the point. They already have a suspect in the frame so why invent another.

So why so mysterious about the identity? It's not like the one in the frame is Ned Stark's long thought dead twin brother.
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed 08 May 2013, 04:55

Mick Sawyer wrote:
taipan wrote:

So why so mysterious about the identity? It's not like the one in the frame is Ned Stark's long thought dead twin brother.

Spoiler:
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Wed 08 May 2013, 07:21

taipan wrote:

Spoiler:

........... and given that, I expect to see more characters such as Ros who are there to convey various thoughts and themes from a multiple characters in the television adaptation and hence my suspicion that the torturer might be some hybrid.
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed 08 May 2013, 07:28

I get that but then there have to be major changes in DwD
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Wed 08 May 2013, 07:33

taipan wrote:I get that but then there have to be major changes in DwD

Just blowin' out my butt mate (ooooh, that reeks) - who's to know?
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed 08 May 2013, 07:38

Mick Sawyer wrote:
taipan wrote:I get that but then there have to be major changes in DwD

Just blowin' out my butt mate (ooooh, that reeks) - who's to know?

*snorfle*
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Wed 08 May 2013, 21:44

taipan wrote:
Lara Lara Laughs wrote:I'm a bit obsessed with asoiaf at the moment. The TV series will clearly overtake the book as the series writers have ruled out a hiatus to let the books forge ahead. Logical reasoning being that the kids will have aged too much. I'd imagine Feast and Dance will be mashed up but I can't see them spending 3 or more years on those 2 books especially as not a huge amount happens in Feast.

2013 TV - book 3 part 1
2014 TV - book 3 part 2

BOOK 7 RELEASED?

Spoiler:

I have read the 3 D&Es released so far. Word is that he is busy with the 4th. Personally I wish he would stop possing around and finish the books. Rumour has it that the prequels will finish with the Tragedy at Summerhall.

Spoiler:

Cool, they always mention Summerhall so will be intriguing stuff to see exactly what went on instead of just "fire and magic".. Will give them a go as I've got the graphic novel of the second one.

I don't think there's really another solution for Jon's heritage than
Spoiler:
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Number of posts : 8943

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Thu 09 May 2013, 01:00

Lara Lara Laughs wrote:

Spoiler:

You know nothing LLL
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu 09 May 2013, 02:57

Lara Lara Laughs wrote:
taipan wrote:

2013 TV - book 3 part 1
2014 TV - book 3 part 2

BOOK 7 RELEASED?

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Cool, they always mention Summerhall so will be intriguing stuff to see exactly what went on instead of just "fire and magic".. Will give them a go as I've got the graphic novel of the second one.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Thu 09 May 2013, 09:41

Spoiler:
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu 09 May 2013, 09:58

doremi wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivalry Augustus Thu 09 May 2013, 14:09

Lara Lara Laughs wrote:
taipan wrote:

2013 TV - book 3 part 1
2014 TV - book 3 part 2

BOOK 7 RELEASED?

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Chivalry Augustus
Chivalry Augustus

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu 09 May 2013, 14:18

Spoiler:
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Chivalry Augustus Thu 09 May 2013, 15:21

Spoiler:
Chivalry Augustus
Chivalry Augustus

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 13 May 2013, 12:42

S03E07 – The Bear and the Maiden Fair. The pace is starting to pick up nicely. Daeny is one mean negotiator, and I have a new found respect for Jaime Lannister.

Hmm, after a bit of Interweb research I’ve solved a little annoyance. The books (which I haven’t read) use “Wildings” while the TV show refers to Mance Rayder’s folk as “Wildlings”. I’ll go with the extra “L” version from here.

Spoiler:
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Tue 14 May 2013, 00:58

Pretty sure the books use "Wildlings" too.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Tue 14 May 2013, 01:08

JGK wrote:Pretty sure the books use "Wildlings" too.

aye
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Tue 14 May 2013, 01:14

skully;
Spoiler:
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next