Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another brilliant performance by United States

+9
tricycle
Growler
beamer
The One
PeterCS
krikri
Brass Monkey
taipan
PlanetPakistan
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Another brilliant performance by United States Empty Another brilliant performance by United States

Post by PlanetPakistan Tue 14 Aug 2012, 04:22

well there you have it

46 Gold medals compare to China's 38!
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Number of posts : 10285
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Flag/Background : pak

Back to top Go down

Another brilliant performance by United States Empty Re: Another brilliant performance by United States

Post by taipan Tue 14 Aug 2012, 04:41

Ah look it, PP is sucking up again.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Another brilliant performance by United States Empty Re: Another brilliant performance by United States

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 14 Aug 2012, 12:09

WGAF.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by krikri Tue 14 Aug 2012, 12:15

PlanetPakistan wrote:In basket weaving and Knitting women may have a slight edge. In sports how ever it is quite demeaning for the world class male athletes to be put in the same bracket as the women.

PlanetPakistan wrote:I am just saying that men are far superior than women in sports hence a woman can never be a "sportsperson of the year"....

USA Golds by gender.. Male 17.. Female 29. Enough said.
krikri
krikri

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 14 Aug 2012, 12:17

Nice. That'll offend his feudalistic sensibilities.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 14 Aug 2012, 12:18

Very Happy Oh yeah, that reminds me of this:

Another brilliant performance by United States Chrisbrowntweet
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Tue 14 Aug 2012, 14:03

krikri wrote:
PlanetPakistan wrote:In basket weaving and Knitting women may have a slight edge. In sports how ever it is quite demeaning for the world class male athletes to be put in the same bracket as the women.

PlanetPakistan wrote:I am just saying that men are far superior than women in sports hence a woman can never be a "sportsperson of the year"....

Give credit where it is due! It was a tremendous performance by the likes of Missy Franklin and Gabby Douglas...

No one is comparing Missy to Micheal Phelps or Allyson Felix to Usian Bolt.
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Tue 14 Aug 2012, 17:02

Hardly a fair comparison. Usain Bolt dwarfs almost all others, male or female. With six gold medals and counting.

And Phelps is a bit of a freak, sportingly speaking.

You could compare Jessica Ennis with Ashton Eaton, Or Serena Williams with Andy Murray.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by The One Tue 14 Aug 2012, 17:13

murray would destroy serena. some dude ranked outside the top 100 would probably beat her

not a fair comparison

The One

Number of posts : 9035
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Tue 14 Aug 2012, 17:17

I thought he was talking in terms of personality.

Was this just about muscular power?
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 14 Aug 2012, 22:08

PlanetPakistan wrote:
krikri wrote:

Give credit where it is due! It was a tremendous performance by the likes of Missy Franklin and Gabby Douglas...

So if missy won 7 golds she is still inferior to a man who won one?
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Tue 14 Aug 2012, 22:36

taipan wrote:
PlanetPakistan wrote:
krikri wrote:

well it depends, if her time is FASTER than the man in 4 out of the 7 races then she will NOT be considered inferior.

It's not that complicated Shocked
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 14 Aug 2012, 22:40

PlanetPakistan wrote:
taipan wrote:
PlanetPakistan wrote:
krikri wrote:

well it depends, if her time is FASTER than the man in 4 out of the 7 races then she will NOT be considered inferior.

You really are that thick aren't you. Remind me what you are doing in the US again?
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Tue 14 Aug 2012, 22:45

Got to laugh at the irony....

Stop seeking attention.
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 14 Aug 2012, 22:55

So what are you doing in the US?

taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by beamer Tue 14 Aug 2012, 23:06

PlanetPakistan wrote:
taipan wrote:
PlanetPakistan wrote:
krikri wrote:

Yeah, and Bolt's obviously a waste of space as well as he couldn't outrun a cyclist, a racehorse or a Formula 1 car...

beamer

Number of posts : 15399
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Tue 14 Aug 2012, 23:15

In the 400m swimming medley, Ye Shiwen stunned the crowds when she set a new world record and swam the last leg faster than her male counterpart. An American swimming coach immediately labelled her swim "unbelievable" and "disturbing".

Perhaps you can't win - even when you win.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 14 Aug 2012, 23:18

PeterCS wrote:In the 400m swimming medley, Ye Shiwen stunned the crowds when she set a new world record and swam the last leg faster than her male counterpart. An American swimming coach immediately labelled her swim "unbelievable" and "disturbing".

Chinese can't play cricket.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Growler Wed 15 Aug 2012, 00:01

PlanetPakistan wrote:
taipan wrote:
PlanetPakistan wrote:
krikri wrote:

PP you never did answer my point on the other thread regarding Princess Anne & Zara Phillips beating men in direct head-to-head competition.

Do you still maintain they should be considered inferior, and shouldn't have been sports-personality of the year ?
Growler
Growler

Another brilliant performance by United States MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2286
Registration date : 2007-10-13
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Wed 15 Aug 2012, 01:44

Growler,

The fact that you are naming an exception proves my point.

Obviously there will be 1 or 2 women that can beat men but the world records in every sport show that men are far far superior and its a bit of a disgrace to have both genders in the same category.
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by Growler Wed 15 Aug 2012, 02:03

See, this is where we disagree ..... nobody is disputing that men are indeed generally faster and stronger than women, and will win one-on-one contests where they are the main factors.

I gave equestrian sport as an example of skill being the major factor where they can compete head to head - shooting is another where speed and strength are not huge factors.

The point is though, in any given sport, if any female dominates their sport in a given competition like say Michael Phelps or Sir Chris Hoy at Beijing olympics, or over a period of time almost unchallenged as for example Pete Sampras at his peak ...... then if there isn't a male equivalent in that sport, I don't see how you can argue they aren't the best
Growler
Growler

Another brilliant performance by United States MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2286
Registration date : 2007-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by tricycle Wed 15 Aug 2012, 02:04

PeterCS wrote:In the 400m swimming medley, Ye Shiwen stunned the crowds when she set a new world record and swam the last leg faster than her male counterpart. An American swimming coach immediately labelled her swim "unbelievable" and "disturbing".

The same Seppo coach who forgot all about unbelievable and disturbing when a fifteen year old American beat Adlington a few days later.

Anyway, didn't USA actually lose a few medals compared to last time? Their bed buddies Iran also had a decent games.

tricycle

Number of posts : 13349
Registration date : 2011-12-17
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed 15 Aug 2012, 06:00

Growler wrote:See, this is where we disagree ..... nobody is disputing that men are indeed generally faster and stronger than women, and will win one-on-one contests where they are the main factors.

I gave equestrian sport as an example of skill being the major factor where they can compete head to head - shooting is another where speed and strength are not huge factors.

The point is though, in any given sport, if any female dominates their sport in a given competition like say Michael Phelps or Sir Chris Hoy at Beijing olympics, or over a period of time almost unchallenged as for example Pete Sampras at his peak ...... then if there isn't a male equivalent in that sport, I don't see how you can argue they aren't the best

Waste of time Growls he is so indoctrinated that he is incapable of recognizing logic..
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Wed 15 Aug 2012, 07:53

taipan wrote:So what are you doing in the US?

9 years. Out in 6 with good behaviour.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Wed 15 Aug 2012, 11:29

I can wash out 44 pairs of socks and have 'em hangin out on the line
I can starch & iron 2 dozens shirts 'fore you can count from 1 to 9
I can scoop up a great big dipper full of vegetable oil from the vegetable oil can
Throw it in the skillet, go out & do my shopping, be back 'fore it conflagrates in the pan
'Cause I'm a woman! W-O-M-A-N,
I'll say it again

I can rub & scrub this old house til it's shinin' like a dime
Feed the baby, grease the car, & powder my face at the same time
Get all dressed up in my burqa, go out and swing til 4 a.m. and then
Lay down at 5, jump up at 6, and start all over again
'Cause I'm a woman! W-O-M-A-N,
I'll say it again

Sung by Peggy Lee
Written (more or less) by Jerry Leiber and Mike Stoller.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next