Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another brilliant performance by United States

+9
tricycle
Growler
beamer
The One
PeterCS
krikri
Brass Monkey
taipan
PlanetPakistan
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Another brilliant performance by United States - Page 2 Empty Re: Another brilliant performance by United States

Post by PlanetPakistan Wed 15 Aug 2012, 13:23

Growler wrote:See, this is where we disagree ..... nobody is disputing that men are indeed generally faster and stronger than women, and will win one-on-one contests where they are the main factors.

I gave equestrian sport as an example of skill being the major factor where they can compete head to head - shooting is another where speed and strength are not huge factors.

The point is though, in any given sport, if any female dominates their sport in a given competition like say Michael Phelps or Sir Chris Hoy at Beijing olympics, or over a period of time almost unchallenged as for example Pete Sampras at his peak ...... then if there isn't a male equivalent in that sport, I don't see how you can argue they aren't the best

Well as long as that all conquering woman in a sport like tennis is described as the finest FEMALE player of her era then i have no issues.

Anyways the main purpose of this thread is to give credit for USA for producing high class male AND female athletes.
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Number of posts : 10285
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Flag/Background : pak

Back to top Go down

Another brilliant performance by United States - Page 2 Empty Re: Another brilliant performance by United States

Post by Brass Monkey Wed 15 Aug 2012, 17:54

WGAF
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Wed 15 Aug 2012, 22:26

PP, that must have been some rejection.

Maybe it's not always good to be really really fast.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38103
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Thu 16 Aug 2012, 00:02

PlanetPakistan wrote:
Growler wrote:See, this is where we disagree ..... nobody is disputing that men are indeed generally faster and stronger than women, and will win one-on-one contests where they are the main factors.

I gave equestrian sport as an example of skill being the major factor where they can compete head to head - shooting is another where speed and strength are not huge factors.

The point is though, in any given sport, if any female dominates their sport in a given competition like say Michael Phelps or Sir Chris Hoy at Beijing olympics, or over a period of time almost unchallenged as for example Pete Sampras at his peak ...... then if there isn't a male equivalent in that sport, I don't see how you can argue they aren't the best

Well as long as that all conquering woman in a sport like tennis is described as the finest FEMALE player of her era then i have no issues.

Anyways the main purpose of this thread is to give credit for USA for producing high class male AND female athletes.

So, PP - what happened to the proposed relocation to Birmingham?
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick Sawyer Thu 16 Aug 2012, 08:15

lardbucket wrote:PP, that must have been some rejection.

You hijacked my lines. Smile
Mick Sawyer
Mick Sawyer

Number of posts : 7267
Registration date : 2007-09-11
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Thu 16 Aug 2012, 15:23

Basil wrote:

Salam Basil,

Well thankfully for the English posters it didn't work out.

I am currently working at my (state) college and was suppose to do research at UCF until they ran out of money. In 2009-10 i started studying engineering at UCF but i wasn't very good at it, how ever i have tremendous respect for the field of Environmental Engineering so pushed through to successfully pass the FE* last semester.

We have an excellent system here in US where the state residents can get through with out spending a great deal of money due to grants.To put it simply i am quite happy at what this state/country has given to me and would like to stay here for as long as possible.

FE= http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fundamentals_of_Engineering_exam
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Thu 16 Aug 2012, 15:30

lardbucket wrote:PP, that must have been some rejection.

Very Happy Rejections are part of life LB.
I have only rejected 2 girls in the last 2 years so i am not that bad!

PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Thu 16 Aug 2012, 15:32

Make that 3 but one of them was my ex gf who had dumped me LAST year( she was a big help)
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Sun 19 Aug 2012, 16:45

PlanetPakistan wrote:
Basil wrote:

Salam Basil,

Well thankfully for the English posters it didn't work out.

I am currently working at my (state) college and was suppose to do research at UCF until they ran out of money. In 2009-10 i started studying engineering at UCF but i wasn't very good at it, how ever i have tremendous respect for the field of Environmental Engineering so pushed through to successfully pass the FE* last semester.

We have an excellent system here in US where the state residents can get through with out spending a great deal of money due to grants.To put it simply i am quite happy at what this state/country has given to me and would like to stay here for as long as possible.

FE= http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fundamentals_of_Engineering_exam
I rest my case.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Sun 19 Aug 2012, 18:00

Classic case of living in your own world

You decide that you have a random point to prove, you go to one of my threads and randomly highlight a line and then brag about resting your random case.
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Sun 19 Aug 2012, 18:04

No, i wasn't wasn't very good at it.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2