Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aus Federal Politics thread (IX)

+15
WideWally
baggygreen
Bradman
Red
taipan
Mick Sawyer
Allan D
horace
Paul Keating
G.Wood
lardbucket
embee
Big Dog
JGK
skully
19 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Aus Federal Politics thread (IX) - Page 20 Empty Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (IX)

Post by skully Wed 24 Apr 2013, 01:23

JGK wrote:
skully wrote:RAy said "are you aware a lot of people are saying you've done the dirty on Federal Liberal."

And Ray misses the point as usual.

IT was a good answer by BOF then.
Do you think the Pinkos will win in Sept? If not, do you think there will be a Gonski deal on the table? QED.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105981
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Aus Federal Politics thread (IX) - Page 20 Empty Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (IX)

Post by embee Wed 24 Apr 2013, 01:25

JGK wrote:
embee wrote:
JGK wrote:
lardbucket wrote:She seems to have covered her tracks well enough to escape scrutiny at least until after the election.

I'm guessing she will retire from politics at that point, or soon after, if the baseball bats arrive as predicted ... I wonder what she has in reserve? I'm not sure too many law firms would want her with this potential millstone attached.

Does anyone see her surviving as ALP leader through ~ 3 years of opposition?

No. I reckon she'll keep the job after the election though. shorten won't make Turnbull's mistake.

Turnbull was after Nelson

But he still took the job way too early.

He took it at the right time

He Greched himself and then got done by the skully's over the ETS

If he'd let someone else take over after Nelson he still wouldnt be leader

embee
embee

Number of posts : 26217
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Wed 24 Apr 2013, 01:28

skully wrote:
JGK wrote:
skully wrote:RAy said "are you aware a lot of people are saying you've done the dirty on Federal Liberal."

And Ray misses the point as usual.

IT was a good answer by BOF then.
Do you think the Pinkos will win in Sept? If not, do you think there will be a Gonski deal on the table? QED.

Pyne has said that they will maintain the funding to Education and will adopt Gonski if they can find the money

Stopping the Boats will save 8 Billion dollars
embee
embee

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 24 Apr 2013, 01:29

JGK wrote:
skully wrote:This whole Gonski palaver is just that, isn't it? So FOB signs up - so what? If the polls remain the same, the Libs won't be having a Gonski deal.

FOB was chatting with Bolts this morning and his response to the above point was "Ray, I can only deal with the government of the day".

I also note that Standard and Poors said in the press that Aus shouldn't take it's AAA rating for granted, as they are very concerned with the rapidly escalating levels of debt. Pinkos - what a pack of qunts. Shit in the nest, let the Libs clean it up - repeat every 9 years or so.

Err, it's the Libs that SnP was taking aim at. They are the ones that want to withdraw all the tax raising measures but haven't committed to many cuts and in fact have committed to spending on stupid things like the Maternity Leave programme.
For the Commie roob.

S&P warns both side of Aus Politics re: debt

“At this time, we do not expect to see governments of either political stripe depart from this approach, and look for ongoing confirmation of this in public statements on fiscal policy and the medium-term budget projections,” Mr Michaels said.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Wed 24 Apr 2013, 02:00

Can you imagine how much PP would go on about drone attacks if he read the pinko posts on this thread
G.Wood
G.Wood

Number of posts : 12070
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Wed 24 Apr 2013, 02:15

skully wrote:
JGK wrote:
skully wrote:This whole Gonski palaver is just that, isn't it? So FOB signs up - so what? If the polls remain the same, the Libs won't be having a Gonski deal.

FOB was chatting with Bolts this morning and his response to the above point was "Ray, I can only deal with the government of the day".

I also note that Standard and Poors said in the press that Aus shouldn't take it's AAA rating for granted, as they are very concerned with the rapidly escalating levels of debt. Pinkos - what a pack of qunts. Shit in the nest, let the Libs clean it up - repeat every 9 years or so.

Err, it's the Libs that SnP was taking aim at. They are the ones that want to withdraw all the tax raising measures but haven't committed to many cuts and in fact have committed to spending on stupid things like the Maternity Leave programme.
For the Commie roob.

S&P warns both side of Aus Politics re: debt

“At this time, we do not expect to see governments of either political stripe depart from this approach, and look for ongoing confirmation of this in public statements on fiscal policy and the medium-term budget projections,” Mr Michaels said.

Well of course they will say that but 4 months after the budget there will be a new government and everyone, including SnP, knows it.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 24 Apr 2013, 02:23

Still, makes your statement look as ridiculous as the Pinkos performance over the last 6 years. Very Happy
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Wed 24 Apr 2013, 02:24

Where does the golden handshake the pinkos have given to Labor staffers fit into 'prudent fiscal policy'?
embee
embee

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 24 Apr 2013, 02:26

Indeed. I chuckled when I heard it. Trying to bribe all the rats leaving the sinking ship. Bit of an admission of defeat by the Commies. And they resort to the same tried and failed method - throw money at it, without planning or forethought.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Wed 24 Apr 2013, 03:01

G.Wood wrote:Can you imagine how much PP would go on about drone attacks if he read the pinko posts on this thread

...or boring posts from fascist dwarves
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Wed 24 Apr 2013, 07:35

Abbott's on the 7.30 Report tonight.

Perhaps he feels that the only way is up.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 24 Apr 2013, 08:24

I think you are getting him mixed up with the Vulture.

I hope he doesn't subject himself to the Pinkest of Pink qunts, Kerry O'Brien.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Wed 24 Apr 2013, 08:26

ffs skulls

kerry hasnt done 730 for years

Abootts last 730 effort was a shocker
embee
embee

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 24 Apr 2013, 08:28

embee wrote:ffs skulls

kerry hasnt done 730 for years

Abootts last 730 effort was a shocker
Shows how long since I last watched the Pink Aunty.

Thanks for the clarification, ya cranky old qunt.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Fri 26 Apr 2013, 02:28

Dinosaurs rule

Clive Palmer has emerged from the primevil swamp to run for PM as leader of the UAP...the UAP was once led by the traitor Ming Menzies who flogged pig iron to Japan to be shortly returned as bullets...wonder if the mad as a katter party will line up his support...story below

Print Email Facebook Twitter MoreI want to be PM, says Palmer
Posted 16 minutes ago

Sorry, this video cannot be played. You may need to install the latest version of Adobe Flash

Video: Palmer announces new party (Lateline)

Photo: Reluctant warrior: mining magnate Clive Palmer (AAP: Dave Hunt, file photo)
Related Story: Palmer to contest election with new political partyMap: Maroochydore 4558
Billionaire mining tycoon Clive Palmer has announced he will stand for a Queensland federal seat in September's election, declaring he wants to be elected prime minister.

The flamboyant businessman - who is also behind a plan to build a replica of the Titanic cruise ship - floated his latest idea at a Brisbane news conference today.

He said his new United Australia Party would contest every seat across the country, but so far he is the only candidate.

Mr Palmer said he would stand in the Sunshine Coast seat of Fairfax, currently held by the LNP's Alex Somlyay.

"I'm not interested in being involved in dreams, I'm interested in making change in this country, and providing employment and a real future and a real aspiration for our people," he said.

"That's why I'm standing, because I think I can offer better service to the community than anyone else.

"I have no personal interest. I've made enough money in my life, I'm not seeking any enrichment or wealth for myself, I'm seeking it for the Australian people."

horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Fri 26 Apr 2013, 02:36

Another "look at me" moment from the Big Man.

I hope he does run and pull together some quality candidates - it will help split the Conservative vote.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Fri 26 Apr 2013, 02:44

"Tony Jones asked him about the United Australia Party's policy platform and, with admirable frankness, Palmer said it would be nearly identical to the Liberal Party's, but with a few variations (on lobbyists, refugees, the carbon tax, mining development and regional wealth distribution)."

Hmmm... sounds like my kind of party actually.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Fri 26 Apr 2013, 02:46

can't find any word from Katter...in the Banjo parliament the palmers and katterites are hand in paw

JGK - doubt Palmer will get much support however he will be a vastly entertaining side show and will make the MM sweat...skully too will be all steamed up with the memory of the Joh for Canberra push that derailed the LLRodent

Last edited by horace on Fri 26 Apr 2013, 02:52; edited 1 time in total
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Fri 26 Apr 2013, 02:49

JGK wrote:"Tony Jones asked him about the United Australia Party's policy platform and, with admirable frankness, Palmer said it would be nearly identical to the Liberal Party's, but with a few variations (on lobbyists, refugees, the carbon tax, mining development and regional wealth distribution)."

Hmmm... sounds like my kind of party actually.

Scrap that, just saw that his stance on the Carbon pricing mechanism is more aggressive that even Abbott's.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Fri 26 Apr 2013, 03:04

FMD, how big an attention whore is Clive Palmer?
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Fri 26 Apr 2013, 03:09

skully wrote:FMD, how big an attention whore is Clive Palmer?

About 0.25 skullys
embee
embee

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Fri 26 Apr 2013, 03:09

hehehehe...Clive will support subsidies for polluters...at least he is more honest than the MM...am just waiting for him to announce the centrepiece of his education policy which is to provide every child with a banjo...the MM's policy seems to be about amping up subsidies to pte education
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Fri 26 Apr 2013, 06:43

If he wasn't such a fat joke, I'd fear that Palmer's games might take precious votes away from the Libs.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Fri 26 Apr 2013, 06:52

time to acquire some anti anxiety meds then S
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Fri 26 Apr 2013, 09:39

It's actually been quite nice over the last couple of weeks to get some discussion about policies rather than the crap and countercrap we've had for the last 2 1/2 years.

At the rate we're going, the Business Council of Australia aren't going to vote for either party. They pathologically hate the ALP but they also hate the 2 main planks of the LNP platform - replacing the Carbon Price with "Direct Action" and the Maternity Leave scheme.

JGK

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next