Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New PCB guy wants Amir to return as soon as possible...

+10
doremi
PeterCS
LeFromage
Neil D
Brass Monkey
lardbucket
tricycle
embee
taipan
PlanetPakistan
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

New PCB guy wants Amir to return as soon as possible... Empty New PCB guy wants Amir to return as soon as possible...

Post by PlanetPakistan Tue 25 Jun 2013, 04:19

Mr. Sethi wants Amir's ban to be reduced.

I agree with him, considering he has already spent time in jail and apologized for his mistake his ban should be reduced by 1 year.
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Number of posts : 10285
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Flag/Background : pak

Back to top Go down

New PCB guy wants Amir to return as soon as possible... Empty Re: New PCB guy wants Amir to return as soon as possible...

Post by taipan Tue 25 Jun 2013, 04:21

Should have been banned for life. Cheating qunt.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

New PCB guy wants Amir to return as soon as possible... Empty Re: New PCB guy wants Amir to return as soon as possible...

Post by embee Tue 25 Jun 2013, 04:34

PlanetPakistan wrote:Mr. Sethi wants Amir's ban to be reduced.

I agree with him, considering he has already spent time in jail and apologized for his mistake his ban should be reduced by 1 year.

taipan wrote:Should have been banned for life. Cheating qunt.

Lets meet in the middle ...let him play a year ...and then kill him
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26203
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by tricycle Tue 25 Jun 2013, 06:34

That's what happened with Zulqarnain Haidar, before he chickened out.

tricycle

Number of posts : 13349
Registration date : 2011-12-17
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Tue 25 Jun 2013, 09:48

PlanetPakistan wrote:apologized for his mistake

Ha! Funny man.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38087
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 25 Jun 2013, 09:53

Are you laughing at the 'z' or the child-minded rationale?
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Tue 25 Jun 2013, 10:00

the latter ... the 'z' doesn't bother me though I wouldn't have it.

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Neil D Tue 25 Jun 2013, 10:42

I have more sympathy for Amir than for Butt or Asif. Amir was basically an naive, uneducated child when it happened, and whilst that's not an excuse or justification I don't think he is in the same category as the other two.

He's also the only one who admitted it and pleaded guilty, which buys him some credit with me. Butt and Asif on the other hand are a pair of pathological liars who knew exactly what they were doing, and yet are still denying any wrongdoing. The pair of them make me sick.
Neil D
Neil D

Number of posts : 665
Registration date : 2007-09-01
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 25 Jun 2013, 10:48

Can Hansie please come back. The devil made him do it. Oh wait.....
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 25 Jun 2013, 11:53

Neil D wrote:I have more sympathy for Amir than for Butt or Asif.  Amir was basically an naive, uneducated child when it happened, and whilst that's not an excuse or justification I don't think he is in the same category as the other two.

He's also the only one who admitted it and pleaded guilty, which buys him some credit with me.  Butt and Asif on the other hand are a pair of pathological liars who knew exactly what they were doing, and yet are still denying any wrongdoing.  The pair of them make me sick.

Oh come the living f*ck off it. How old was he? Nearly 18? Think about when you were 18 - would you have known spot-fixing was wrong? Yes.

18 year olds aren't toddlers.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Tue 25 Jun 2013, 16:18

He has been sent to jail and has been out of the game for several years BM. What more do you want? 

So if Sethi can convince ICC to end Amir's ban in 2014 then he will be back as a 22 year old which is still quite young and he may STILL go down as one of the greatest bowlers to ever play the game(which SHOULD be inevitable considering the talent of the man).
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 25 Jun 2013, 16:24

I don't think he should get a reduced sentence for apologising. I don't think he should be exonerated from denigration for his actions on the basis that he was young. It's easy to be remorseful after the event. When he comes back after serving his full ban, then fair enough.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 25 Jun 2013, 17:01

PlanetPakistan wrote:He has been sent to jail and has been out of the game for several years BM. What more do you want? 

So if Sethi can convince ICC to end Amir's ban in 2014 then he will be back as a 22 year old which is still quite young and he may STILL go down as one of the greatest bowlers to ever play the game(which SHOULD be inevitable considering the talent of the man).

How many years is several?
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Tue 25 Jun 2013, 17:40

Why one year? That's a pretty arbitrary figure. Why not three months? Fifty-two days? The time it takes for one to recite the alphabet backwards, standing on their head? 

He did the crime, he's got to do the time. 

Despicable cheat.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 25 Jun 2013, 17:42

Didn't he already receive a reduced sentence because of his youth?
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Tue 25 Jun 2013, 19:25

Dello wrote:

Why one year? That's a pretty arbitrary figure. Why not three months? Fifty-two days? The time it takes for one to recite the alphabet backwards, standing on their head? 

He did the crime, he's got to do the time. 

Despicable cheat.
Five years AND jail is too much for the youngster. 

Punishment is too harsh, if it was 5 years of no cricket then it would have been some what justifiable but 5 years of zero cricket AND jail time is too much for the crime. Considering he had already spent time in jail i would have reduced his ban by 2 years.
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 25 Jun 2013, 19:49

PlanetPakistan wrote:

Punishment is too harsh, if it was 5 years of no cricket then it would have been some what justifiable but 5 years of zero cricket AND jail time is too much for the crime. Considering he had already spent time in jail i would have reduced his ban by 2 years.

You must be trolling, right? You're not that stupid.

They got charged with conspiracy to cheat and conspiracy to obtain and accept corrupt payment, in the British court of law.

They got banned from playing cricket for five years by the International Cricket Council's anti corruption unit.

Please tell me how these two judicial systems are in any way linked even in the slightest.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterCS Tue 25 Jun 2013, 19:52

I would set him free, give him the Orders of Bravery, Excellence and Pakistan and a lifetime choice of much-penetrated virgins.
PeterCS
PeterCS

Number of posts : 43743
Registration date : 2008-05-23
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Tue 25 Jun 2013, 20:19

Brass Monkey wrote:
PlanetPakistan wrote:

They got charged with conspiracy to cheat and conspiracy to obtain and accept corrupt payment, in the British court of law.

They got banned from playing cricket for five years by the International Cricket Council's anti corruption unit.

Please tell me how these two judicial systems are in any way linked even in the slightest.

Errr, you have lost it. Really....talk about missing the point, seems like you got hit on the head while standing at silly point!!

Who cares about the relationship, at the end of the day both punishments were applicable to the same person(M Amir), i don't think he deserves that double punishment. Currently, people sitting in the ICC are aware of the fact that he has been jail HENCE they should reduce the ban.
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Tue 25 Jun 2013, 20:23

PlanetPakistan wrote:
Brass Monkey wrote:
PlanetPakistan wrote:

Errr, you have lost it. Really....talk about missing the point, seems like you got hit on the head while standing at silly point!!

Who cares about the relationship, at the end of the day both punishments were applicable to the same person(M Amir), i don't think he deserves that double punishment. Currently, people sitting in the ICC are aware of the fact that he has been jail HENCE they should reduce the ban.
Obviously this is not an offence under Sharia law
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 25 Jun 2013, 20:29

PlanetPakistan wrote:Errr, you have lost it. Really....talk about missing the point, seems like you got hit on the head while standing at silly point!!

They were both punishments that were completely separate to each other, nothing was taken into account apart from the crime. This definitely has to be a trolling. Well done, you did a good job at duping me.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Neil D Tue 25 Jun 2013, 21:30

Brass Monkey wrote:
Neil D wrote:I have more sympathy for Amir than for Butt or Asif.  Amir was basically an naive, uneducated child when it happened, and whilst that's not an excuse or justification I don't think he is in the same category as the other two.

He's also the only one who admitted it and pleaded guilty, which buys him some credit with me.  Butt and Asif on the other hand are a pair of pathological liars who knew exactly what they were doing, and yet are still denying any wrongdoing.  The pair of them make me sick.

Oh come the living f*ck off it. How old was he? Nearly 18? Think about when you were 18 - would you have known spot-fixing was wrong? Yes.

18 year olds aren't toddlers.

Like I said, I don't seek to excuse what he did in any way at all.  I'm just saying that on balance, I think Butt and Asif deserve to be treated more harshly than Amir.

By the way, when I was 17/18 I did some pretty stupid and irresponsible things.  And I had the benefit of the sort of education that Amir never had.  

Has anyone read "Bookie Gambler Fixer Spy" by Ed Hawkins?  Some interesting takes on the spot-fixing saga by illegal Indian bookies.
Neil D
Neil D

Number of posts : 665
Registration date : 2007-09-01
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Tue 25 Jun 2013, 21:37

I'm not sure what education has to do with it, it's the most rudimentary of rules, it could be explained to a 8 year old. I don't think it's the most heinous thing to have ever happened, I think that the furore was incredibly melodramatic. But the facts are you aren't allowed to do it, he obviously knew he wasn't allowed to do it and you must accept the punishment dished out to you. The punishment was harsh, but those are the risks you take for the cash.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Tue 25 Jun 2013, 21:44

Brass Monkey wrote:
PlanetPakistan wrote:Errr, you have lost it. Really....talk about missing the point, seems like you got hit on the head while standing at silly point!!

They were both punishments that were completely separate to each other, nothing was taken into account apart from the crime. This definitely has to be a trolling.

standard these days, sadly ... does little else

I hope the ICC doubles his ban. He clearly hasn't learnt a thing.

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by tricycle Wed 26 Jun 2013, 07:44

On what basis do they want to reduce his ban? He can see off his last 2 and a half years.

tricycle

Number of posts : 13349
Registration date : 2011-12-17
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next