Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New PCB guy wants Amir to return as soon as possible...

+10
doremi
PeterCS
LeFromage
Neil D
Brass Monkey
lardbucket
tricycle
embee
taipan
PlanetPakistan
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

New PCB guy wants Amir to return as soon as possible... - Page 2 Empty Re: New PCB guy wants Amir to return as soon as possible...

Post by taipan Wed 26 Jun 2013, 07:47

tricycle wrote:On what basis do they want to reduce his ban? He can see off his last 2 and a half years.
Apparently he apologised
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

New PCB guy wants Amir to return as soon as possible... - Page 2 Empty Re: New PCB guy wants Amir to return as soon as possible...

Post by tricycle Wed 26 Jun 2013, 07:50

That's brilliant. Maybe the ICC/BCB should do the same for Ashraful too.

tricycle

Number of posts : 13349
Registration date : 2011-12-17
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Wed 26 Jun 2013, 09:17

I don't care about the jail term, for me, he should have gotten a life ban. Lucky to get away with 5 years only.
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Wed 26 Jun 2013, 09:19

agree with that, ban the cheating little swine

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38123
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Wed 26 Jun 2013, 13:41

lardbucket wrote:
Brass Monkey wrote:
PlanetPakistan wrote:Errr, you have lost it. Really....talk about missing the point, seems like you got hit on the head while standing at silly point!!

Who cares about the relationship, at the end of the day both punishments were applicable to the same person(M Amir), i don't think he deserves that double punishment. Currently, people sitting in the ICC are aware of the fact that he has been jail HENCE they should reduce the ban.

They were both punishments that were completely separate to each other, nothing was taken into account apart from the crime. This definitely has to be a trolling.

standard these days, sadly ... does little else

I hope the ICC doubles his ban. He clearly hasn't learnt a thing.
MashAllah, may Allah bless you for knowing so much....Cool
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Number of posts : 10285
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Flag/Background : pak

Back to top Go down

Post by Aditya Wed 26 Jun 2013, 13:41

Some precious comments in this thread from precious bitches who can't hold their shit together on a forum. I am specifically thinking of Taipan and Monkey.

Aditya

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2010-12-08
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Wed 26 Jun 2013, 13:44

Nice to see you back. You're on the wind-up, straight off. Which is lovely. Do you think that he should get a reduced ban, then? If so, what's your reasoning behind this?
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed 26 Jun 2013, 13:47

Aditya wrote:Some precious comments in this thread from precious bitches who can't hold their shit together on a forum. I am specifically thinking of Taipan and Monkey.

Still pissed off you can't get back on the SA forum?
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Wed 26 Jun 2013, 14:03

doremi wrote:I don't care about the jail term, for me, he should have gotten a life ban. Lucky to get away with 5 years only.

Then why care about anything else? the jail time is the most important part of the discussion so if you ignore that then your point becomes as weak as Ian Bell's batting against the doosra(he is a rubbish player of doosra)
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Wed 26 Jun 2013, 14:05

What he's actually saying is that the jail term was immaterial, so long as the cheating little prick got banned from cricket.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38123
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Wed 26 Jun 2013, 14:11

lardbucket wrote:What he's actually saying is that the jail term was immaterial, so long as the cheating little prick got banned from cricket.
That's exactly why i am saying that the point is VERY VERY weak.
If you are NOT going to view jail term as "punishment" then you are being very silly indeed(almost laughable)
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Wed 26 Jun 2013, 14:33

They're separate. Do you understand? The jail term didn't take into account the cricket ban, the cricket ban didn't take into account the jail term.

The reason for this is one is basically an employment case, the other is a criminal case.

They aren't the same, employment and criminal, they're totally separate. They never cross, because they aren't the same.

If you got done for fraud in your workplace, you'd face a criminal sentence, plus whatever punishment your employers want to give you - most likely you'd get the sack.

So, one is a criminal proceeding, one is an employment proceeding.

Employment. Criminal. Different.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Wed 26 Jun 2013, 14:38

Brass Monkey wrote:They're separate. Do you understand? The jail term didn't take into account the cricket ban, the cricket ban didn't take into account the jail term.

The reason for this is one is basically an employment case, the other is a criminal case.

They aren't the same, employment and criminal, they're totally separate. They never cross, because they aren't the same.

If you got done for fraud in your workplace, you'd face a criminal sentence, plus whatever punishment your employers want to give you - most likely you'd get the sack.

Waste of time Dan. Like teaching a pig to sing.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Thu 27 Jun 2013, 02:17

Brass Monkey wrote:They're separate. Do you understand? The jail term didn't take into account the cricket ban, the cricket ban didn't take into account the jail term.

You are going in circle, read one of my earlier posts.
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by tricycle Thu 27 Jun 2013, 03:56

PlanetPakistan wrote:
lardbucket wrote:What he's actually saying is that the jail term was immaterial, so long as the cheating little prick got banned from cricket.
That's exactly why i am saying that the point is VERY VERY weak.
If you are NOT going to view jail term as "punishment" then you are being very silly indeed(almost laughable)
The thing is, PP, nobody's saying that the jail term is not a punishment. He got it for breaking the law of the land, and he deserved it and needed to see out the full term of sentence, not a couple of months.

Despite being proven guilty, he got lucky with a five year ban. For that he doesn't deserve a return to the sport, let alone a reduced ban. But with qunts like Samuels getting only a two year ban for passing on info to bookies...

And for the same, I hope Sreesanth and Chavan are banned for life too (if the prosecution built a good case).

tricycle

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Thu 27 Jun 2013, 04:13

Yeah, Samuels is a brilliant batsman these days but yes his 2 year ban compare to Amir's 5 years(plus jail) sounds very lenient indeed...

Forget about Samules, he atleast got 2 years! The biggest disgrace was when Waugh and Warne were NOT banned for a SINGLE game despite having DEEP connections with bookies. It is a case of triple standards.

As i said earlier i personally would have banned Amir for 3 years considering he has spent time in jail. I find it shocking(well not so much) that people want Amir to be farked from both sides(jail plus life ban from cricket) yet i haven't heard them bash Warne, Waugh and other players who weren't banned AT ALL....
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu 27 Jun 2013, 04:17

I would have deported the 3 of them and banned them from ever entering England again.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by tricycle Thu 27 Jun 2013, 04:43

Samuels was banned for passing on information. If there was proof of him underperforming or altering match situations for money, then he should've received a life ban like Aamer should've. Pussyfooting around to reduce a lenient 5 year ban is bollocks, to be fair.

Warne and Waugh, they got lucky.

tricycle

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary 111 Fri 28 Jun 2013, 23:17

I have no truck for the 'what about x...' arguments. You spot fix you deserve a 5 year ban, if they start rescinding bans it just is a step towards legitimizing cheating.

Amir will get his chance in a couple of years.

The only thing he can feel annoyed about is that other Pakistan players were implicated with Majeed, but on the day the NoTW decided to do the sting Majeed and Butt chose Asif and Amir as their accomplices.
Gary 111
Gary 111

Number of posts : 5717

http://www.flamingbails.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Sat 29 Jun 2013, 00:11

Gary 111 wrote:I have no truck for the 'what about x...' arguments. You spot fix you deserve a 5 year ban, if they start rescinding bans it just is a step towards legitimizing cheating.

The only thing he can feel annoyed about is that other Pakistan players were implicated with Majeed, but on the day the NoTW decided to do the sting Majeed and Butt chose Asif and Amir as their accomplices.
The biggest step taken towards legitimizing cheating was when Warne and Waugh were allowed to play. Even to this day Warne is one of the main commentators.

If anybody on this forum cared about the dignity of the game they would have made noise about Warne and Waugh keep showing up in Australian colors. I reckon people who are OK with Warne and Waugh NOT getting banned for a SINGLE game or have NOT spoken against Warne and Waugh about this issue yet want Amir to be banned for life along with jail time are being hypocrites and are REALLY disrespecting the game. Hence, i don't have an iota of respect of any of the ANTI Amir opinions((especially those who want a life ban) unless these individuals vociferously take Warne and waugh to the cleaners and at least suggest a year long jail time and a life time ban from commentary for both Waugh and Warne.
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Sat 29 Jun 2013, 09:54

PlanetPakistan wrote:
Gary 111 wrote:I have no truck for the 'what about x...' arguments. You spot fix you deserve a 5 year ban, if they start rescinding bans it just is a step towards legitimizing cheating.

The biggest step taken towards legitimizing cheating was when Warne and Waugh were allowed to play.  Even to this day Warne is one of the main commentators.

If anybody on this forum cared about the dignity of the game they would have made noise about Warne and Waugh keep showing up in Australian colors. I reckon people who are OK with Warne and Waugh NOT getting banned for a SINGLE game or have NOT spoken against Warne and Waugh about this issue yet want Amir to be banned for life along with jail time are being hypocrites and are REALLY disrespecting the game. Hence, i don't have an iota of respect of any of the ANTI Amir opinions((especially those who want a life ban) unless these individuals vociferously take Warne and waugh to the cleaners and at least suggest a year long  jail time and a life time ban from commentary for both Waugh and Warne.

All there is against Warne and Waugh is gossip and innuendo. Butt, Amir and Asif were caught, prosecuted and found guilty - FACT. They cheated end of. My personal opinion (and you certainly won't like it) is that none of them should be allowed within a bull's roar of ANY cricket ground ever again.

For what it's worth, I would say the same if an English player was found guilty of the same crime.
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Sat 29 Jun 2013, 09:56

Aditya wrote:Some precious comments in this thread from precious bitches who can't hold their shit together on a forum. I am specifically thinking of Taipan and Monkey.

And you can take your racist rantings and shove 'em up your arse.
Basil
Basil

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Sat 29 Jun 2013, 10:08

Basil wrote:
PlanetPakistan wrote:

The biggest step taken towards legitimizing cheating was when Warne and Waugh were allowed to play.  Even to this day Warne is one of the main commentators.

If anybody on this forum cared about the dignity of the game they would have made noise about Warne and Waugh keep showing up in Australian colors. I reckon people who are OK with Warne and Waugh NOT getting banned for a SINGLE game or have NOT spoken against Warne and Waugh about this issue yet want Amir to be banned for life along with jail time are being hypocrites and are REALLY disrespecting the game. Hence, i don't have an iota of respect of any of the ANTI Amir opinions((especially those who want a life ban) unless these individuals vociferously take Warne and waugh to the cleaners and at least suggest a year long  jail time and a life time ban from commentary for both Waugh and Warne.

All there is against Warne and Waugh is gossip and innuendo. Butt, Amir and Asif were caught, prosecuted and found guilty - FACT. They cheated end of. My personal opinion (and you certainly won't like it) is that none of them should be allowed within a bull's roar of ANY cricket ground ever again.

For what it's worth, I would say the same if an English player was found guilty of the same crime.

Not quite correct Bas. Both Warne and Waugh were fined and in fact both appeared in front of a Pakistani Judical Commission.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_the_bookmaker_controversy
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Sat 29 Jun 2013, 10:21

taipan wrote:
Basil wrote:
PlanetPakistan wrote:

Not quite correct Bas. Both Warne and Waugh were fined and in fact both appeared in front of a Pakistani Judical Commission.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_the_bookmaker_controversy

Ok, thanks for the correction
Basil
Basil

Back to top Go down

Post by Gary 111 Sat 29 Jun 2013, 21:50

PlanetPakistan wrote:

Warne and Waugh were lucky. But... for me the big factor here is Cronje.

Betting in cricket wasn't as big a deal in the 80's and 90's. So players wouldn't think too much about giving information about the pitch and the 'weather' (did they not have weather forecasts on TV in the 90s?!).

But then there was the Cronje affair, which changed cricket for ever and everyone was suddenly aware of the threat of match fixing. All through Butt, Asif and Amir's career match fixing was all over the papers, the ICC gave special training to players and had procedures in place - you'd have to be a fool to spot fix and think you would get away with it when caught red-handed. 5 years is right for me - although Butt deserves longer as he was the captain and the ring leader.
Gary 111
Gary 111

Number of posts : 5717

http://www.flamingbails.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next