Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ponting on ACA

+4
tac
holcs
Zat
skully
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ponting on ACA Empty Ponting on ACA

Post by skully Mon 07 Jan 2008, 08:46

An interview with Punter was shown on A Current Affair on Nine tonight. He said Jumbo and he agreed to take the word of the fielder in close to the ground catches. Nothing about walking when you hit it and nothing about not playing in a backyard cricket gentleman-athon. He was surprised at Jumbo's "spirit of the game" remark in the after-match press conference but said Jumbo was entitled to his opinion. He said the Indian management are also entitled to take whatever decision they want regarding the tour future but that it would be disappointing if they cut the tour short. He declined to confirm that the "monkey" word was used but that the Harby issue was a racial matter.
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105943
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Ponting on ACA Empty Re: Ponting on ACA

Post by Zat Mon 07 Jan 2008, 08:51

cheers old bean, was unwilling to sit through diet stories, or dodgy parking inspector stories, or puff pieces on some 'talent' Nein have signed.

Jim Maxwell, Malcolm Conn, Harsha Bhogle and Gideon Haigh were all on the 7.30 report.

Maxwell was his usual 'maybe this, maybe that' self.

Conn was 'Well, the rules were enforced'

Bhogle tried the 'Monkey isn't offensive' bullshit. (I'd love to see him try and justify that in Harlem)

And Gideon Haigh was ultra PC and weak as piss.

Probably be a transcript on the ABC website soon.

Zat

Number of posts : 28872
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by holcs Mon 07 Jan 2008, 08:52

Sooking Indians yet again!

Its all rather pathetic really. Following on from these ridiculous comments over Bucknor being requested not to umpire their tests again, so he had a bad game, so what!!! They then want to possibly make waves about cancelling the tour, because the Aussies ran close to the line on the spirit of the game? What do they expect, they are Australians, its what they do!

And all this Harby malarkey, if he said something offensive he gets banned. I'm pretty sure Proctor's gopt the evidence, otherwise he'd be the daftest person around, because lets be honest the BCCI were always going to kick up a merry stink about any ban on rascist grounds!
holcs
holcs

Number of posts : 5481

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 07 Jan 2008, 09:01

Was working around my Mum's place on hols today and my brother dropped in late in the day. He was exasperated at the one-sided nature (basically Aussie bagging) of everything he had heard on his car radio through the day. He even wanted the forum's addy so he could register and put his two-bob's worth in!!! But he's too busy to forum unfortunately. I said "bah, make time!!"
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Mon 07 Jan 2008, 09:03

skully wrote:Was working around my Mum's place on hols today and my brother dropped in late in the day. He was exasperated at the one-sided nature (basically Aussie bagging) of everything he had heard on his car radio through the day. He even wanted the forum's addy so he could register and put his two-bob's worth in!!! But he's too busy to forum unfortunately. I said "bah, make time!!"

Is that your brother with the big dong? No wonder he's too busy . . .
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 07 Jan 2008, 09:05

holcs wrote:Sooking Indians yet again!

Its all rather pathetic really. Following on from these ridiculous comments over Bucknor being requested not to umpire their tests again, so he had a bad game, so what!!! They then want to possibly make waves about cancelling the tour, because the Aussies ran close to the line on the spirit of the game? What do they expect, they are Australians, its what they do!

And all this Harby malarkey, if he said something offensive he gets banned. I'm pretty sure Proctor's gopt the evidence, otherwise he'd be the daftest person around, because lets be honest the BCCI were always going to kick up a merry stink about any ban on rascist grounds!
Sage stuff holcs. Imagine if Austrlia had've threatened not to go to the World Cup in 2003 unless Boof's 7 game ban (for his BC remark after dismissal in an ODI v Lankans) was overturned. Firstly the subis would cheer because they'd be more chance of winning but then they bag the living carp out of us for being p!ss-weak.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 07 Jan 2008, 09:08

tac wrote:
skully wrote:Was working around my Mum's place on hols today and my brother dropped in late in the day. He was exasperated at the one-sided nature (basically Aussie bagging) of everything he had heard on his car radio through the day. He even wanted the forum's addy so he could register and put his two-bob's worth in!!! But he's too busy to forum unfortunately. I said "bah, make time!!"

Is that your brother with the big dong? No wonder he's too busy . . .
Snigger. No, it's the other brother (more normal sized!!) But he loves his cricket and just has had a gutful of all the subi sooking detracting from what was a fabulous game of cricket with a hella exciting finish.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by bliksem Mon 07 Jan 2008, 09:09

What's ACA? Some sort of new, experimental anti-pig-face and arm-hair pharmaceutical? Hope it works.
bliksem
bliksem

Number of posts : 1005

Back to top Go down

Post by holcs Mon 07 Jan 2008, 09:12

Exactly, what a good game of cricket, and to finish with 7 balls to sopare. Can't ask for better really.

However all this ridiculous sooking, and tit for tat bullcarp that is going on really is getting on my wick. Almost as much a Yawn's "we'll take positives from a 3 day drubbing" does.

Get on with the farking series, let the officials do their jobs, and stop feeling such a huge amount of undeserved self-pity!!!
holcs
holcs

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 07 Jan 2008, 09:15

holcs wrote:Get on with the farking series, let the officials do their jobs, and stop feeling such a huge amount of undeserved self-pity!!!
More sageness.

And Laughing Laughing Laughing @ bliks.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by *Buckaroo* Mon 07 Jan 2008, 09:21

skully wrote:

Sage stuff holcs. Imagine if Austrlia had've threatened not to go to the World Cup in 2003 unless Boof's 7 game ban (for his BC remark after dismissal in an ODI v Lankans) was overturned. Firstly the subis would cheer because they'd be more chance of winning but then they bag the living carp out of us for being p!ss-weak.

A bad game means he gives 12 decisions against one team and 2 against the other ??

That's not what I would call a 'bad game' ... that's an ambush.
*Buckaroo*
*Buckaroo*

Number of posts : 4771
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : wi

http://exc4cricket.forum-motion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Mon 07 Jan 2008, 09:22

The numbers keep going up and up. It's like Goebbels at his best.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38098
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Mon 07 Jan 2008, 09:22

lardbucket wrote:The numbers keep going up and up. It's like Goebbels at his best.

And you remember what they said about Goebbels, lardy?
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Mon 07 Jan 2008, 09:25

Several things. And no things.

116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by *Buckaroo* Mon 07 Jan 2008, 09:25

lardbucket wrote:The numbers keep going up and up. It's like Goebbels at his best.

I am just repeating numbers given out by Indian media and ex-cricketers. I have to go by their word in this case I'm afraid.
*Buckaroo*
*Buckaroo*

Back to top Go down

Post by holcs Mon 07 Jan 2008, 09:25

*Buckaroo* wrote:
skully wrote:

A bad game means he gives 12 decisions against one team and 2 against the other ??

Bucky Old Boy, however many fo or against doesn't really cut the mustard for me.

He made some diabolically bad decisions, which happened in this instance to go against India. I'm pretty sure India will have had their fair share in other test matches from other umpires so who cares.

You can't blame the umpire for you not being good enough to bat out 72 overs!!! Thats just your boys not being good enough! Thats the bottom line!
holcs
holcs

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Mon 07 Jan 2008, 09:26

Three wickets to Michael Clarke in his last over. We wouldn't even be having this discussion if that hadn't occurred ... everyone would be talking about their fantastic resilience.

116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 07 Jan 2008, 09:30

lardbucket wrote:Three wickets to Michael Clarke in his last over. We wouldn't even be having this discussion if that hadn't occurred ... everyone would be talking about their fantastic resilience.
Aye lardy.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by *Buckaroo* Mon 07 Jan 2008, 09:33

holcs wrote:
*Buckaroo* wrote:
skully wrote:

Bucky Old Boy, however many fo or against doesn't really cut the mustard for me.

He made some diabolically bad decisions, which happened in this instance to go against India. I'm pretty sure India will have had their fair share in other test matches from other umpires so who cares.

You can't blame the umpire for you not being good enough to bat out 72 overs!!! Thats just your boys not being good enough! Thats the bottom line!

hello .. It's not his first time ?
*Buckaroo*
*Buckaroo*

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Mon 07 Jan 2008, 09:40

... and when he next shafts Australia it won't be the first time.

116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by *Buckaroo* Mon 07 Jan 2008, 09:41

has he ever shafted Austraila ??
*Buckaroo*
*Buckaroo*

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Mon 07 Jan 2008, 09:43

Over a long career I believe he has shafted all teams equally.

116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by holcs Mon 07 Jan 2008, 09:45

Do we really need to go tit for tat over how many dodgy decisions Bucknor has given against India as opposed to against Aus, Eng, SL etc etc etc etc?

Bucky, your missing the very valid point that both Lardy and myself have made to you, that it really wouldn't make a bling bit of difference if your much vaunted batting lineup had actually been able to bat 72 overs, and you hadn't have lost 3 wickets in the penultimate over to a part-time spinner!!!!!!!!!!!!!
holcs
holcs

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Mon 07 Jan 2008, 09:53

ANd how the ****** do you expect the batting line-up to bat the two sessions when they were given out when they were not?
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by *Buckaroo* Mon 07 Jan 2008, 09:54

lardbucket wrote:Over a long career I believe he has shafted all teams equally.

Well ... no
*Buckaroo*
*Buckaroo*

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down