Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A wacky cricket celebrity baby name...

+17
Big Dog
OP Tipping
spangler
lardbucket
Ethics? The Gall!
horace
LeFromage
skully
taipan
JGK
WideWally
Nath
embee
Brass Monkey
Merlin
PeterCS
Red
21 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

A wacky cricket celebrity baby name... - Page 5 Empty Re: A wacky cricket celebrity baby name...

Post by Bradman Sat 28 Apr 2018, 06:21

Fark no. Forum gold lardy. I lost a shitload on Albert. So much for no foreign first names. Farking politics. Actually spent a few days last year where his namesake popped his clogs after the nauseating crap after his uncle got engaged. Though at least the bride has actually done a days work in her life.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

A wacky cricket celebrity baby name... - Page 5 Empty Re: A wacky cricket celebrity baby name...

Post by Fred Nerk Sat 28 Apr 2018, 10:19

Fred Nerk wrote:
skully wrote:Sportsbet lists "Arthur" as the shortest price (3.00) name. Li'l Arty, ay?

That'd be after the 'entitled brat' (cheers h) played by Dudley Moore in the film of the same name, of course....

OK so I was close - eventually he was named after the entitled brat played by Dan Ackroyd in 'Trading Places' instead.

(Vague mems of a cartoon monkey called King Louie from the early 70s - more info needed)

Fred Nerk

Number of posts : 8806
Registration date : 2007-10-15
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Sat 28 Apr 2018, 10:27

Fred Nerk wrote:
Fred Nerk wrote:
skully wrote:Sportsbet lists "Arthur" as the shortest price (3.00) name. Li'l Arty, ay?

That'd be after the 'entitled brat' (cheers h) played by Dudley Moore in the film of the same name, of course....

OK so I was close - eventually he was named after the entitled brat played by Dan Ackroyd in 'Trading Places' instead.

(Vague mems of a cartoon monkey called King Louie from the early 70s - more info needed)

Jungle Book
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Sat 28 Apr 2018, 10:33

Animal Farm might be closer with that lot. Or Barnyard Friends depending on how sick or ancient you are.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sat 28 Apr 2018, 10:38

taipan wrote:
Fred Nerk wrote:
Fred Nerk wrote:

Jungle Book

Wanna be a man, man-cub

Sung by Louis Prima IIRC

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38068
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Sat 28 Apr 2018, 10:49

Don't spose you can remember a 70s song that includes "all my 45s away"?
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sat 28 Apr 2018, 10:51

Carole Bayer Sager

116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sat 28 Apr 2018, 10:52

Shit song IMHO

116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Sat 28 Apr 2018, 10:53

o pack your toys away
You pretty boys away
Your 45's away
Your alibis away
Your Spanish flies away
Your one-more-tries away
Your old tye-dyes away
You're moving out today
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26185
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Sat 28 Apr 2018, 11:09

Yes mb. I only ask because its been in my head all day but for the life of it I can't track it down on the net, despite having it on an old album back home.

Got a title.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Sat 28 Apr 2018, 11:12

Oh and thanks BTW.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Sat 28 Apr 2018, 11:43

As Lardy said 

Carole Bayer Sager ...Moving out today 

Kim Hughes chose it as the 8.30 song on Sport Breakfast a couple of weeks ago ...so it has been stuck in my head since then too
embee
embee

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Sat 28 Apr 2018, 11:44

lardbucket wrote:
taipan wrote:
Fred Nerk wrote:
Fred Nerk wrote:

Jungle Book

Wanna be a man, man-cub

Sung by Louis Prima IIRC

How I hated that movie.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Sat 28 Apr 2018, 11:59

I enjoyed the animated version, as a young kid.

Did not bother with the recent 'update'.

116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Sat 28 Apr 2018, 12:04

Yeah once you gave me the extra lyrics i was fine. Child of the seventies, what can I say. Forced to meet the kid's girlfriend today and it was just finishing as we got in the car. Hughes and teenagers dalliances, who'd have thunk it.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Nerk Sat 28 Apr 2018, 12:36

Thanks for the stuff about King Louie.

You're Moving Out Today is welded to my flat-hopping days. As is the even more irritating Just One More Night (pleaser pleaser lemme stay....NO!!!!) which was around about the same time.

Fred Nerk

Number of posts : 8806
Registration date : 2007-10-15
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by embee Sat 28 Apr 2018, 12:40

It was probably her birthday or something

The songs they* play are all "linked" to an on this day event ...some of the links are very dodgy 

*they being Wayne Clark and Kim Hughes
embee
embee

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Sat 28 Apr 2018, 12:43

Fred I never thought of you as a flat hopper. Once I scored the YouTube thingy its been bouncing me around the seventies all night. Peter Sarstett may have been the bridge too far though.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Sun 29 Apr 2018, 23:27

Like his happily long departed rello namesake, LAC the Brat is doomed to go everywhere
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Mon 30 Apr 2018, 00:22

Probably not before his gap decade playing with planes, ships, choppers and tanks. Always wondered what the blokes who actually has to passed rigorous tests thought about these yahoo's.

Actually didn't grandpa put a destroyer on a beach.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Mon 30 Apr 2018, 00:49

Bradman wrote:Probably not before his gap decade playing with planes, ships,  choppers and tanks.  Always wondered what the blokes who actually has to passed rigorous tests thought about these yahoo's.

Actually didn't grandpa put a destroyer on a beach.

While he was missing the chamber pot.
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Growler Mon 30 Apr 2018, 00:58

I don't know what they thought of everyone else Bradders, but I'll guarantee that nobody considers Prince Harry a yahoo.

The Royal Princes may be awarded honorary Colonelships of a couple of units they never serve in ... but there are no short cuts to actual ranks/qualifications for them.

Few felt more strongly than I did about our forces dicking about in Afghanistan, but for Harry to be commanding an Apache helicopter on combat operations I'm in no doubt that he was deployed on merit. It's quite inconceivable that he was deployed purely because of who he was - in fact some senior commanders considered it too dangerous to send him due to the propaganda value of his possible death or even capture.
Growler
Growler

A wacky cricket celebrity baby name... - Page 5 MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2286
Registration date : 2007-10-13
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Mon 30 Apr 2018, 01:42

"I don't care if your are killed Sir, but your capture would be problematic"

Kissinger to the future Edeard VIII.

I'm not saying they'd be allowed to fly if they were legally blind. Just that they weren't subject to a competitive testing protocol. Or were they? Happy to be corrected. With the proviso being " competitive".
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by Growler Mon 30 Apr 2018, 02:35

Honest answer from a veteran - yes, they had to meet exactly yhe qualifications as any other ship's mate/tank commander/pilot.

Although even we servicemen called the kit "big toys", they weren't playthings - they were dangerous machines. Each and every crew member's life was in the hands of the others. Mistakes have killed people, so even Royals have to pass every test before they are let loose with them.
Growler
Growler

A wacky cricket celebrity baby name... - Page 5 MPDozzd

Number of posts : 2286
Registration date : 2007-10-13
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Mon 30 Apr 2018, 03:05

No doubt. But I'm talking about the initial selection. Were they put in a room for a day or two with other prospective candidates and judged against them.

Not a veteran but have lectured aspiring officers from all three services and they're the few who make it pass a selection board.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next