Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OT: Favourite Current Television Programme?

+21
Basil
Merlin
Paul Keating
Henry
G.Wood
lardbucket
PeterCS
Anthony_Gonzales
The One
JGK
Lara Lara Laughs
Big Dog
tricycle
taipan
horace
embee
Brass Monkey
furriner
spangler
skully
LeFromage
25 posters

Page 9 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 22  Next

Go down

OT: Favourite Current Television Programme? - Page 9 Empty Re: OT: Favourite Current Television Programme?

Post by skully Tue 16 Sep 2014, 02:38

For superhero geeks (i.e. me Cool ), this might be worth a squiz...

skully
skully

Number of posts : 105983
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

OT: Favourite Current Television Programme? - Page 9 Empty Re: OT: Favourite Current Television Programme?

Post by LeFromage Tue 30 Sep 2014, 22:11

Lara Lara Laughs wrote:I thought the first series of Utopia started great and ended pretty poorly. However the first episode of series 2 last night was absolutely brilliant and explained loads from season one. Some controversy about them using real life deaths as plot points within the narrative. Not only plot points but the deaths are directly caused by characters in the show.

Haven't watched any of series 2 as, like you, I thought the first series went very whiffy after a few episodes and I couldn't be arsed beyond that. But I was interested to read that HBO are remaking (or "reimagining") Utopia with none other than David mother loving Fincher running the gig.

And now my interested is piqued. Or repiqued.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 07 Oct 2014, 05:02

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-10-07/twin-peaks-set-to-make-comeback/5795590

yowza ...Twin Peaks to return
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Tue 07 Oct 2014, 07:16

horace wrote:http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-10-07/twin-peaks-set-to-make-comeback/5795590

yowza ...Twin Peaks to return

Pamela Anderson is making a comeback?
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 07 Oct 2014, 08:10

hehehe...expect Skully will have a Kaley moment
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Thu 09 Oct 2014, 22:37

Dello wrote:
Lara Lara Laughs wrote:I thought the first series of Utopia started great and ended pretty poorly. However the first episode of series 2 last night was absolutely brilliant and explained loads from season one. Some controversy about them using real life deaths as plot points within the narrative. Not only plot points but the deaths are directly caused by characters in the show.

Haven't watched any of series 2 as, like you, I thought the first series went very whiffy after a few episodes and I couldn't be arsed beyond that. But I was interested to read that HBO are remaking (or "reimagining") Utopia with none other than David mother loving Fincher running the gig.

And now my interested is piqued. Or repiqued.

Channel4 has cancelled Utopia after two series. So that's nice. Classic Channel4. Critical success, but no-one watched it, so they reordered a shitload more episodes of Come Dine With Me instead.

American version or bust, then, for the fans. Of which there are few.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Fri 10 Oct 2014, 04:11

horace wrote:hehehe...expect Skully will have a Kaley moment

scratch
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Fri 10 Oct 2014, 06:38

It has been suggested you are fiond of the woman on the Big Bang Theory
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Fri 10 Oct 2014, 07:06

It's the only Kaley I know, but I didn't think you were aware of the show.

OT: Favourite Current Television Programme? - Page 9 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTemOHzs_Yl4wXsxARzf0IStQSyEek3cslkmLLN9k48BXADQF4W
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Fri 10 Oct 2014, 07:10

she is a healthy looking young woman.

yep, I have watched a couple of episodes and it is pretty funny...but generally I am listening to the wireless
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Mon 24 Nov 2014, 14:34

Did anyone watch Peaky Blinders? Sam Neill does a surprisingly good qunt.
G.Wood
G.Wood

Number of posts : 12070
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Nov 2014, 22:55

I'm doing early shift on Monday so was supposed to be getting a nice early routine going tonight.

Starting True Detective a few hours ago has thoroughly f*cked that plan up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Nov 2014, 23:54

K.

First 7 episodes would have been enough to give me pretty dark dreams tonight.

And then episode 8.

Hmm.

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Sat 29 Nov 2014, 23:56

G.Wood wrote:Did anyone watch Peaky Blinders? Sam Neill does a surprisingly good qunt.

It's ****** good. Don't know if a third series has been commissioned though.
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Nov 2014, 00:06

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Nov 2014, 00:20

Ummm.

Okay.

That escalated pretty quickly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Sun 30 Nov 2014, 00:30

G.Wood wrote:Did anyone watch Peaky Blinders? Sam Neill does a surprisingly good qunt.

Not surprising really seeing as he's a bit of a qunt on set.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Nov 2014, 14:10

Fargo day today. Seems decent from first episode.

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Sun 30 Nov 2014, 15:53

vilkrang wrote:
Spoiler:

Really enjoyed True Detective, but the ending didn't match the quality of the episodes leading up to it.

A lesson learned for the production, hopefully, as season two has begun filming (starring Colin Farrell and, uh, Vince Vaughan).
LeFromage
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Sun 30 Nov 2014, 15:54

vilkrang wrote:Fargo day today. Seems decent from first episode.

Splendid. Just super.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Nov 2014, 16:01

Dello wrote:
vilkrang wrote:
Spoiler:

Really enjoyed True Detective, but the ending didn't match the quality of the episodes leading up to it.

A lesson learned for the production, hopefully, as season two has begun filming (starring Colin Farrell and, uh, Vince Vaughan).
Aye, it was all a bit Hollywood at the end. Was hoping for a Wickerman type of ending.

Cannot possibly see how Colin Farrell and Vince Vaughan will be anything other than a let down, but then I avoided True Detective partly due to seeing Matthew McConaughey as a romcom bore, so I'll reserve judgement until it airs.

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Sun 30 Nov 2014, 16:22

TD was a top series. Hopefully they can keep it up as expectation is high.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Dec 2014, 19:22

Fargo was bloody brilliant.

Trying to watch Homeland season 3 but Claire Danes is making it impossible to watch. Most irritating performance ever.

Giving the new 24 a go as well and whilst it's as good as 24 has ever been, it all feels a little stale. Only two episodes in though.

Feel like after True Detective and Fargo that everything else is a bit of a let down, any suggestions? Doesn't have to be similar, other than being good.

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Fri 05 Dec 2014, 19:36

24 was all right, but like you say, seems a bit old-hat these days.

Veep is great (made by The Thick of It's team) once you get through the first few episodes where Americans don't seem comfortable swearing creatively. But they quickly get into the groove.

I think the American version of Shameless is very good.

The Good Wife has been a consistently excellent and underrated series for a number of years.

And I've been hate-watching Under the Dome. Which is so bad it's... terrible. And I sort of love it. It's like Lost. If written by a dyslexic child.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by spangler Sun 07 Dec 2014, 08:47

Veep is excellent, and has gotten better with each season so far.

spangler
spangler

OT: Favourite Current Television Programme? - Page 9 7EoDRAk

Number of posts : 2554
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 22  Next