Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OT: Favourite Current Television Programme?

+21
Basil
Merlin
Paul Keating
Henry
G.Wood
lardbucket
PeterCS
Anthony_Gonzales
The One
JGK
Lara Lara Laughs
Big Dog
tricycle
taipan
horace
embee
Brass Monkey
furriner
spangler
skully
LeFromage
25 posters

Page 15 of 22 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18 ... 22  Next

Go down

OT: Favourite Current Television Programme? - Page 15 Empty Re: OT: Favourite Current Television Programme?

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Sun 25 Oct 2015, 17:26

Interesting stuff. Sounds horrendous enough as you describe it but that's surprising about the hallucinations. Means Trainspotting is inaccurate too then. Although YMMV, of course.

Glad you got through them in one piece. I read the only worse withdrawal process than opiates are benzos (which can literally kill you and make coming off heroin seem a walk in the park apparently).
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Number of posts : 8943
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

OT: Favourite Current Television Programme? - Page 15 Empty Re: OT: Favourite Current Television Programme?

Post by Guest Sun 25 Oct 2015, 18:04

Alcohol withdrawal can also kill you, although having done both, opiate withdrawal is more unpleasant, bit weird that it can't kill you as it feels far worse imo.

And yeah, Trainspotting uses dramatic licence for the withdrawal scene too, and the claim that it's 100 times as good as the best orgasm you've ever had or whatever he says isn't true either.

The first withdrawal scene in Trainspotting isn't far off though, where he basically settles down for a few days of feeling shit, throwing up a bit and shitting a lot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Sun 25 Oct 2015, 19:38

Aye, people always think that the drugs killed Amy Winehouse but it was alcohol withdrawal.
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Mon 26 Oct 2015, 08:30

vilkrang wrote:Alcohol withdrawal can also kill you, although having done both, opiate withdrawal is more unpleasant, bit weird that it can't kill you as it feels far worse imo.

And yeah, Trainspotting uses dramatic licence for the withdrawal scene too, and the claim that it's 100 times as good as the best orgasm you've ever had or whatever he says isn't true either.

The first withdrawal scene in Trainspotting isn't far off though, where he basically settles down for a few days of feeling shit, throwing up a bit and shitting a lot.

Lennon didn't rate it highly, either.

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38123
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 26 Oct 2015, 08:34

Lara Lara Laughs wrote:Aye, people always think that the drugs killed Amy Winehouse but it was alcohol withdrawal.

She should have gone to rehab.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Wed 11 Nov 2015, 22:32

Haaa! The new Peep Show was good times
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Dog Thu 12 Nov 2015, 07:18

For OZ viewers, Mr Robot starts on Showcase at 9.30 tonight.
Big Dog
Big Dog

Number of posts : 16498
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : tig

http://bigdog.bigblog.com.au/index.do

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Thu 12 Nov 2015, 10:01

Brass Monkey wrote:Haaa! The new Peep Show was good times

Brought a tear to eye. Made me want to watch them all again. Can't believe there's only 5 left ever, let's hope they still do Christmas specials.
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Thu 12 Nov 2015, 12:38

Yeah, either that or they all die in some big accident
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Thu 12 Nov 2015, 18:26

Anyway Mark's thought on Jez: "the Aldi Poirot with the CBBC magnifying glass" - awesome Very Happy
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Thu 19 Nov 2015, 08:08

Are people really not watching Fargo? The latest episode (6) was about the best hour of TV (45 minutes) I've seen this year.

LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-03
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by spangler Thu 19 Nov 2015, 08:50

Dello wrote:Are people really not watching Fargo? The latest episode (6) was about the best hour of TV (45 minutes) I've seen this year.

All stored up for Christmas holiday binging
spangler
spangler

OT: Favourite Current Television Programme? - Page 15 7EoDRAk

Number of posts : 2554
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Thu 19 Nov 2015, 09:31

I've watched two or three. I like it. I just can't be arsed. You know when you just can't be arsed? Just can't. Didn't even watch Peep Show last night, even though I loved the first. Can't be arsed.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu 19 Nov 2015, 09:41

Brass Monkey wrote:I've watched two or three. I like it. I just can't be arsed. You know when you just can't be arsed? Just can't. Didn't even watch Peep Show last night, even though I loved the first. Can't be arsed.

Still shagged out?
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Thu 19 Nov 2015, 09:44

Not so much. Rag time and all that. Just dunno - seems I can only hack sport at the moment.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Thu 19 Nov 2015, 09:46

Brass Monkey wrote:Not so much. Rag time and all that. Just dunno - seems I can only hack sport at the moment.

So no luck yet.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Nov 2015, 12:03

Dello wrote:Are people really not watching Fargo? The latest episode (6) was about the best hour of TV (45 minutes) I've seen this year.

I'm gripped, was absolutely amazing. Nick Offerman in particular was fantastic, tense as f*ck episode.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Thu 19 Nov 2015, 14:15

taipan wrote:
Brass Monkey wrote:Not so much. Rag time and all that. Just dunno - seems I can only hack sport at the moment.

So no luck yet.

No not yet. It had better happen soon. Maybe Jesus can help me at Xmas time. A Xmas miracle.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Thu 19 Nov 2015, 17:20

vilkrang wrote:

I'm gripped, was absolutely amazing. Nick Offerman in particular was fantastic, tense as f*ck episode.

I've only seen him in comedic roles before - and his character has mostly been used as light relief thus far - but damn he was good.

I don't know who the actor is that plays Bear, but he he's been shining too, as the "reasonable" Gerhardt brother.

And Ted Danson. And Jean Smart. And Kirsten Dunst. And Fat Damon. It's a great cast.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Thu 19 Nov 2015, 17:31

Jeffrey Donovan - my hero!
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Nov 2015, 17:35

Brass Monkey wrote:Jeffrey Donovan - my hero!
Haha I thought you'd like him  Very Happy .

Back to top Go down

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Wed 25 Nov 2015, 22:27

Peep Show tonight is killing me. applause
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Wed 25 Nov 2015, 22:44

Is it as quirky as the first series? Still set in Minnesota, or a totally different story?
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105983
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Wed 25 Nov 2015, 23:25

skully wrote:

Is it as quirky as the first series? Still set in Minnesota, or a totally different story?

Set in the same place, in an earlier time period, featuring the younger version of Molly's dad - the ex-cop who ran the cafe in series one.

It's a crackerjack.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Wed 25 Nov 2015, 23:29

Lara Lara Laughs wrote:Peep Show tonight is killing me. applause

Yet me!!!?
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 22 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18 ... 22  Next