Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aus Federal Politics thread (XIII)

+13
WideWally
Paul Keating
Red
lardbucket
beamer
embee
Big Dog
horace
taipan
Bradman
skully
JGK
Fred Nerk
17 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Aus Federal Politics thread (XIII) - Page 37 Empty Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (XIII)

Post by skully Mon 20 Aug 2018, 05:05

I'm no Turncoat fan, but I really can't see Dutton making a run. He knows he has a small margin in his own seat, so can't even guarantee he'll be around after the next election.

Then again, knowing he may be gonna get the arse locally might make him kamikaze it and have a go. He wouldn't even have to resign as losing Opposition leader!!!
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105932
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Aus Federal Politics thread (XIII) - Page 37 Empty Re: Aus Federal Politics thread (XIII)

Post by Henry Mon 20 Aug 2018, 05:12

This is more about the right of the liberal party’s long-standing loathing of Turnbull than it is about any policy. They just want to bring him down- always have done since he knifed Abbott, and sod the electorate. To some Turnbull has always been a labor/green politician in liberal clothing.

Having said that, Turnbull has manoeuvred his political pawns dreadfully ever since he became PM. He should have put the likes of Abbott well and truly in his place from the moment he took over, and people would have cheered him for it.

Try to please everyone, and you end up pleasing no one.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Mon 20 Aug 2018, 05:21

Skully (and Mr Dog too), Personally I am clearly no fan of Truffles but I think he has done an astonishing job in managing the crazies, a wafer thin margin and keeping the government on an even keel (even when I disagree with many of their decisions).

Irrespective of Panama, I think the bloke has an element of decency lacking in many of the country's representatives,
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Mon 20 Aug 2018, 05:50

Big Dog wrote:
Bradman wrote:Get your money back.  His Seat is marginal at the best of times.  Wait until GetUp go feral on him.

Phurt! Only lefties take notice of getup. They can preach to the converted all they like.

Yeah tell that to Nicolic et al.
Bradman
Bradman

Number of posts : 17402
Registration date : 2008-08-13
Flag/Background : war

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Mon 20 Aug 2018, 23:31

Absolute hate fest going on within the Libs. Murdoch and the miners want to run the country or the economy anyway. The extremists are in a frenzy. Expect paint will be peeling off the walls of the party room meeting today.

Dutton is in a difficult position himself. News, the miners and the MM are cheerleading but will excoriate him if he does not bring on a challenge. I'd be staggered if he was successful against Turnbull.

The hardline black shirt faction really don't care about the short term future of the Libs. The MM and News will continue to attack Turnbull if he wins today. They want blood.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 21 Aug 2018, 00:18

Turncoat has just declared the position of PM (leader of the LNP) vacant.

He obviously thinks Dutton's momentum is building so has struck first.

Dutton will probably lose (surely Turncoat still has the numbers if he was willing to declare a spill), and the govt will lose one of their strongest performing ministers to the backbench.

What a clusterfark the Blues have become. Rabble.

Meanwhile, Abbott is giggling in a cobwebbed corner somewhere.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 21 Aug 2018, 00:23

skully wrote:I'm no Turncoat fan, but I really can't see Dutton making a run. He knows he has a small margin in his own seat, so can't even guarantee he'll be around after the next election.

Then again, knowing he may be gonna get the arse locally might make him kamikaze it and have a go. He wouldn't even have to resign as losing Opposition leader!!!

Everyone has their 'I'm not Nostradamus' moment.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 21 Aug 2018, 00:31

Guilty, h.

In my defence, Dutton didn't move, Turncoat did.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 21 Aug 2018, 00:32

I wonder how many Cabinet ministers will support Dutton?
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 21 Aug 2018, 00:34

ROFL. Truffles wins. Will Spudhead resign from Cabinet?

Doubt the MM will stfu.

Hancock will be filthy. News Ltd always are.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 21 Aug 2018, 00:36

Mathias Cormann must be rolling his eyes. "Here we go again".
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 21 Aug 2018, 00:44

48-35 to Turncoat. So Dutton will go to the backbench and build his numbers. All so predictable. Sigh.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 21 Aug 2018, 00:47

skully wrote:Mathias Cormann must be rolling his eyes. "Here we go again".

lol.

How long before Reichstarg catches fire?

Murdoch, Hadley, Bolt et al will stoke the fire. "Australia needs strong leadership", "Truffles is failing the economy and the threats within the country". "Decisive action is required." Sometimes the niceties of democracy undermine our culture".

Spudhead will go to the Backbench and ferment further strife. Hopefully for him the enumerate MM is not doing the numbers.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 21 Aug 2018, 01:25

Turnbull should call an election right now. Dutton is struggling to save his own seat FFS. How funny would it be, and sweet revenge for Turnbull, if after Dutton resigns to the backbench to build his numbers, he then in the meantime loses his seat in a snap election.

It would be win/win (kind of) for Turnbull- if he wins an election as PM his authority increases immeasurably and Dutton and co will have to back down, and if the Libs lose the election, it would mean that Dutton won’t become PM, and that’s a good thing for Australia, and revenge for MT.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 21 Aug 2018, 02:12

Speculation Spudhead will have another go on Thursday.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 21 Aug 2018, 02:14

CALL A F*CKING ELECTION YOU TACTICALLY RETARDED DIMWIT!!!!!

Seriously, how the hell has he been able to get where he is when he is so completely lacking in nous?
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 21 Aug 2018, 02:19

Even from a personal point of view (because politics these days seems to be so blatantly selfish), if Turnbull loses in an election rather than gets overthrown by Dutton, he will keep his full parliamentary pension and free flights for life (not that he needs the money) whereas I think I’m right in saying that if he loses in a leadership spill, his benefits are severely reduced.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Tue 21 Aug 2018, 02:33

Doubt Truffles gives a rats. He gave $1.6M to the last Lib election campaign.
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Tue 21 Aug 2018, 02:37

Well calling an election today would see him have occupancy of the dump home in Canberra for another five weeks instead of having to vacate on Friday. Almost guaranteeing a whitewash in Vic as everyone goes spare at their gf eweekend being darker up.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Tue 21 Aug 2018, 03:36

Henry wrote:Even from a personal point of view (because politics these days seems to be so blatantly selfish), if Turnbull loses in an election rather than gets overthrown by Dutton, he will keep his full parliamentary pension and free flights for life (not that he needs the money) whereas I think I’m right in saying that if he loses in a leadership spill, his benefits are severely reduced.

I don't think that's right.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by JGK Tue 21 Aug 2018, 03:36

Henry wrote:Turnbull should call an election right now. Dutton is struggling to save his own seat FFS. How funny would it be, and sweet revenge for Turnbull, if after Dutton resigns to the backbench to build his numbers, he then in the meantime loses his seat in a snap election.

It would be win/win (kind of) for Turnbull- if he wins an election as PM his authority increases immeasurably and Dutton and co will have to back down, and  if the Libs lose the election, it would mean that Dutton won’t become PM, and that’s a good thing for Australia, and revenge for MT.

Even better if he donates $1m to the ALP candidate in Dickson.

JGK

Number of posts : 41790
Flag/Background : jnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Tue 21 Aug 2018, 03:53

Hehehe. The ultimate wrecking ball. I've had a change of tune. I think this baatards ego is big enough to grow his hair and pull the whole temple down on himself. Plus you're right about the benefits mrk
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Tue 21 Aug 2018, 04:11

JGK wrote:
Henry wrote:Even from a personal point of view (because politics these days seems to be so blatantly selfish), if Turnbull loses in an election rather than gets overthrown by Dutton, he will keep his full parliamentary pension and free flights for life (not that he needs the money) whereas I think I’m right in saying that if he loses in a leadership spill, his benefits are severely reduced.

I don't think that's right.  

I remember reading something about Rudd missing out on his pension and flights after Gillard overthrew him in 2010.
Henry
Henry

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Tue 21 Aug 2018, 04:21

Abbott missed out on his PM pension because he was a less-than-one-term PM. I'm sure that's part of his bitterness towards Turncoat.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Bradman Tue 21 Aug 2018, 06:31

I think it's a grace and favour thing though the norm is two years. Could be wrong.
Bradman
Bradman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next