Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Australia v England, 2nd Test, Adelaide, 2-6 December, 2017

+21
OP Tipping
MoH
Nath
WideWally
furriner
Lara Lara Laughs
Blackadder
Red
Henry
taipan
JGK
Growler
Big Dog
embee
Fred Nerk
beamer
horace
Dello
lardbucket
PeterCS
skully
25 posters

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21

Go down

Australia v England, 2nd Test, Adelaide, 2-6 December, 2017 - Page 21 Empty Re: Australia v England, 2nd Test, Adelaide, 2-6 December, 2017

Post by whitburn Fri 08 Dec 2017, 16:52

horace wrote:Stokes of course should be doing time.

Stokes showed that he's not matured yet. Listening to what happened that night i get him going after one of the men but he should have stopped way earlier than he did. England have already paid the price but i'm not sure freezing him out of the entire tour will make him a better or more grown-up human being. He already gets it that he's fooked up and i say let him play again at Perth onwards and face the courts when and if it comes. Keep sport and life/politics separate as much as possible.

whitburn

Number of posts : 379
Registration date : 2009-04-03
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Australia v England, 2nd Test, Adelaide, 2-6 December, 2017 - Page 21 Empty Re: Australia v England, 2nd Test, Adelaide, 2-6 December, 2017

Post by beamer Fri 08 Dec 2017, 21:04

lardbucket wrote:
horace wrote:
lardbucket wrote:didn't like Vince though

Vaughan does not want any Pom batsman whose surname starts with"V".

Vince Vaughan (sic) might be a better option.
Vaughan was championing Vince when he didn’t even seem to be on anyone’s radar before the squad was announced. Rumoured to share an agent... has he turned this quickly?

beamer

Number of posts : 15399
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Sat 09 Dec 2017, 04:07

whitburn wrote:
horace wrote:Stokes of course should be doing time.

Stokes showed that he's not matured yet. Listening to what happened that night i get him going after one of the men but he should have stopped way earlier than he did. England have already paid the price but i'm not sure freezing him out of the entire tour will make him a better or more grown-up human being. He already gets it that he's fooked up and i say let him play again at Perth onwards and face the courts when and if it comes. Keep sport and life/politics separate as much as possible.

So if Jack the Ripper had been a demon fast bowler and handy middle order bat, he was selectable? The notion that sport is somehow separate from life-politics-crime is fatuous fairy floss.
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21