Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2009 Ashes series - anticipation thread

+17
horace
G.Wood
LeFromage
Basil
HH_pink
furriner
DJ_Smerk
Merlin
taipan
embee
doremi
eowyn
JKLever
Brass Monkey
tac
Lara Lara Laughs
lardbucket
21 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

2009 Ashes series - anticipation thread - Page 4 Empty Re: 2009 Ashes series - anticipation thread

Post by Lara Lara Laughs Fri 01 Feb 2008, 04:21

Clownish chump.
Lara Lara Laughs
Lara Lara Laughs

Number of posts : 8943
Registration date : 2007-09-01
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

2009 Ashes series - anticipation thread - Page 4 Empty Re: 2009 Ashes series - anticipation thread

Post by Brass Monkey Fri 01 Feb 2008, 05:32

Lara Lara Laughs wrote:Dude. If you being a joke and my pointing that out is immature, c*ntish..blah blah blah, then so be it.

No, I don't particularly mean you're a c*nt.

Lara Lara Laughs wrote:
No. My point was that you made things up. You said that "I said you were naive in thinking we're good players of spin. That is all".

That wasn't all though. That wasn't all at all. At all at all. Your original point, which I quite clearly pointed out to you, was that Hogg will do us over. You ignored that and went on one of your usual tirades against immaturity..blah, blah, blah. Your point wasn't just that we're not great against spin otherwise I would have agreed with you. Your point was that Hogg will do us over. When I disagreed with that, you went into your "darling", "sweetheart", "muppet" routine.

Besides, so what if I told you to f*ck off? That's what people do on this board. In fact, I'd say y€ou're the most guilty of it. You pioneered it. To use it all the time and then deem it childish is the most hippo sized hypocrisy I've ever seen.

No, read through the thread mate. I posted a few comments about you in between many other comments about things. I maintain these comments, they were an aside admittedly, but what did you bring to it? I don't care about the 'f*ck off' in the slightest, it was the rest of it - an iota of an opinion that you expect me to reply to - it would've been tantamount to: "Yes he is"... "No he's not". There was little point. That is why I didn't outline my reasoning behind my thoughts. Neither did you, apart from he's nearly 40. Big whoop.

Lara Lara Laughs wrote:
Yes. Well done. Kumble is a great bowler. And yes. You're on a roll. He has never destroyed us. Why? Because we've played him well. I refuse to believe that Hogg has the ability to dominate us when Kumble doesn't. Whether it be through Hogg's supposed deviation and deception or not. I don't believe that Kumble isn't deceptive and he deviates the ball enough to be the third highest wicket taker of all time.

Deception is what spin bowling is all about. Inducing false strokes and whatnot. If Kumble isn't deceptive, doesn't flight it and doesn't turn it much, HTF did he get 600 wickets? He just bowled it straight and waited for someone to miss? Surely anyone could do that?

Yes, you did say deviation. You also said he didn't have the flight. Now, to me, flight comes under guile i.e. deception.

Perhaps you are speaking the truth about me. Well, so you keep telling me anyway.

First of all, the bold bit, immensely condescending - which is fine - but it's also incredibly superscillious, smarmy and puerile. I'd stop it, it should be embarassing to you.

I don't believe he isn't deceptive either. Try reading all of a post. Using Kumble as an example, by the way, is a little foolish - like if you fair well against a great bowler, a poorer one cannot have success. Take Paul Adams for instance, was all over us in his first series versus us... should've had about 10 more wickets than he did do, but still picked up quite a few IIRC. Is he better than Kumble due to that fact? No.

I'm using him as an example because he's a chinaman by the way. There're worse spinners we've been abjectly poor against.

Back to Kumble. Again, I didn't say he wasn't deceptive. 'At all At all'. I said he hasn't the flight to trouble us as much, I didn't say he doesn't flight it. He doesn't turn it a great deal like it or not, I'm not saying he doesn't turn it at all, no-one's complaining - as you say he's got over 600 Test Wickets. His big weapon is bounce, sharp bounce that fizzes up. He's unbelievably good at that. On a bunsen of course he turns it well, but on pitches that grip - like on a few occasions he's played here - not so much. Not in comparison to a few other leggies to visit England over the past 20 years. For me to say why I think we faired better against him than some is in no way denigrating him. To reiterate again and again, I think he is a great bowler.

IMO, flight has nothing to do with guile. Flight is part of your technique. Your brain has the guile and your brain tells you what to do with the ball. It's almost like you're saying flight it more and you are more beguiling. This isn't the case. Each bowler should know what's best for him and if it isn't the coach will tell him. Kumble knows what's best for him and no-one will argue with a bloke with plenty of wickets and success as it isn't warranted.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Number of posts : 44858
Registration date : 2007-09-02
Flag/Background : afg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWhbVWj9wQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Fri 01 Feb 2008, 06:19

Nailed down certs:

Cook
KP
Monty

More likely than not:

Bell
Vaughan
Collingwood
Hoggard

50/50

Harmy
Fred
Broad
Anderson
Ambrose
Prior
Jones
Read
Mustard
Pothas
Kieswetter

Worth a punt:

Tresco
Denley
Finn
Rashid
Plunkett
Saj

More hope than expectation:

Jonah

When hell freezes over:

Key
Shah
Sales

Last edited by on Fri 01 Feb 2008, 09:27; edited 1 time in total
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Fri 01 Feb 2008, 06:25

Basil wrote:Nailed down certs:

Cook
KP
Mony

More likely than not:

Bell
Vaughan
Collingwood
Hoggard

50/50

Harmy
Fred
Broad
Anderson
Ambrose
Prior
Jones
Read
Mustard
Pothas
Kieswetter

Worth a punt:

Tresco
Denley
Finn
Rashid
Plunkett
Saj

More hope than expectation:

Jonah

When hell freezes over:

Key
Shah
Sales

I like that summation mate, apt and funny.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Fri 01 Feb 2008, 06:42

Kieswetter won't be 'English' by then.

It'll be:

Cook
Key
Shah
Pietersen
Strauss *
Trott (or a 'fit' Flintoff)
A wicket-keeper of some kind +
Rashid
Sidebottom
Mahmood
Harmison

You heard it here first.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-04
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lardbucket Fri 01 Feb 2008, 06:43

eowyn wrote:Any Aussies daring to come over and visit? I know lardy wants to.

Still planning on it at the moment ... a month off, June or July, hopefully visiting two or three Tests with 'touring' in between. Ticket availability will be the issue.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
116 - 9 - 400 - 4

lardbucket

Number of posts : 38088
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Fri 01 Feb 2008, 06:50

Dello wrote:Kieswetter won't be 'English' by then.

It'll be:

Cook
Key
Shah
Pietersen
Strauss *
Trott (or a 'fit' Flintoff)
A wicket-keeper of some kind +
Rashid
Sidebottom
Mahmood
Harmison

You heard it here first.

You clown. That's outlandish at the very least. It's almost if you just picked random names.

Just imagine sometime in the not-too-distant future KP, Trott, Kieswetter the English amongst them might start to get a Seth Efrican eccent.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by LeFromage Fri 01 Feb 2008, 06:53

Don't be silly - the accents would be balanced out by the Pakistani trio of Shah, Mahmood and Rashid.

They'll all communicate in clicks, like dolphins.
LeFromage
LeFromage

Number of posts : 26195
Registration date : 2007-08-04
Flag/Background : fra

http://www.flamingbails.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brass Monkey Fri 01 Feb 2008, 06:59

Dello wrote:Don't be silly - the accents would be balanced out by the Pakistani trio of Shah, Mahmood and Rashid.

They'll all communicate in clicks, like dolphins.

Two of them are Northern bastards, we've already got a few of them in the team when fit

The normal ones will end up warped individuals, mark my words and it'll be on your head Geoff.
Brass Monkey
Brass Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by eowyn Fri 01 Feb 2008, 07:56

lardbucket wrote:

Still planning on it at the moment ... a month off, June or July, hopefully visiting two or three Tests with 'touring' in between. Ticket availability will be the issue.

If I can help with tickets, let me know.
eowyn
eowyn

Number of posts : 11132
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : yrk

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Fri 01 Feb 2008, 09:41

Basil wrote:Nailed down certs:

Cook
KP
Monty

More likely than not:

Bell
Vaughan
Collingwood
Hoggard

50/50

Harmy
Fred
Broad
Anderson
Ambrose
Prior
Jones
Read
Mustard
Pothas
Kieswetter

When hell freezes over:

Key
Shah
Sales

:laule: LMAO
A typically myopic view from New Road where they still live off memory scraps like
"Cor... remember when Hick scored that 25 not out against (insert name of crap team) ...." !!

PS How many keepers do you want in your squad for Gawds sake ? Rolling Eyes

Merlin

Number of posts : 14718
Registration date : 2007-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Feb 2008, 09:43

tac wrote:

Really? I might arrange a booze tour with lardy . . .
I'll see yous in Sailors!

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Fri 01 Feb 2008, 09:46

tac wrote:

Really? I might arrange a booze tour with lardy . . .

Whatever you do, don't let embee know.
G.Wood
G.Wood

Number of posts : 12070
Registration date : 2007-09-07
Flag/Background : none

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Fri 01 Feb 2008, 09:55

Merlin wrote: :laule: LMAO
A typically myopic view from New Road where they still live off memory scraps like
"Cor... remember when Hick scored that 25 not out against (insert name of crap team ...) ...." !!

PS How many keepers do you want in your squad for Gawds sake ? Rolling Eyes

God, you can be dumb at times - do you practice?

It. Was. A. List. Of Possible. Players. Not too hard to work out is it? And more than a little tongue-in-cheek. If I'd wanted to be really silly about it, I would have nominated more Middlesex players.

And, by the way, you will need a longer memory than me to remember the last time your team won a trophy.
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Fri 01 Feb 2008, 10:18

lardbucket wrote:

i am thinking of being in europe next year and if allowed in will attend at least one of the primers delivered by Oz to the dotard Pomgolian students
horace
horace

Number of posts : 42573
Registration date : 2007-09-06
Flag/Background : ire

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Feb 2008, 10:33

So, that's lardie, tac and horrie Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Fri 01 Feb 2008, 10:34

the good, the bad, and the ill-favoured . . .
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Feb 2008, 10:36

I asked if yous were going to meet me in Sailors?

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Fri 01 Feb 2008, 10:38

Demelza wrote:I asked if yous were going to meet me in Sailors?

Don't make that invitation when Mudge is around
G.Wood
G.Wood

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Fri 01 Feb 2008, 10:42

wow...did BB really say that?...must have found a nerve in what I hitherto thought was an otherwise lifeless amoeba
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by tac Fri 01 Feb 2008, 10:46

Nah, he was just being Danny boy and throwing his cyber weight around . . .
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Fri 01 Feb 2008, 10:55

tac wrote:Nah, he was just being Danny boy and throwing his cyber weight around . . .

...ROFL...all 62K of him...as with RD it is akin to be being savagely attacked by confused sheep (of the wether persuasion)
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Invader Zim Fri 01 Feb 2008, 11:16

lardbucket wrote:

Sounds good, but hard to plan that far ahead...
Invader Zim
Invader Zim

Number of posts : 6396
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by G.Wood Fri 01 Feb 2008, 11:25

Invader Zim wrote:
lardbucket wrote:

Sounds good, but hard to plan that far ahead...

Knowing your luck, you'll go all the way to England and run into horace
G.Wood
G.Wood

Back to top Go down

Post by horace Fri 01 Feb 2008, 11:26

as much chance as you have of being lucky
horace
horace

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next