Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I've been too busy lately to pay much attention to sport...

+7
Henry
PlanetPakistan
doremi
Red
embee
taipan
mynah
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I've been too busy lately to pay much attention to sport... Empty I've been too busy lately to pay much attention to sport...

Post by mynah Sat 30 Aug 2008, 08:37

...But sadly not busy enough to be unaware that South African sport in general has suddenly become not merely crap, but as sh1t as a salmonella outbreak at a wedding reception. Not just cricket either - just about everything. pale
mynah
mynah

I've been too busy lately to pay much attention to sport... APSeEpm

Number of posts : 3385
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

I've been too busy lately to pay much attention to sport... Empty Re: I've been too busy lately to pay much attention to sport...

Post by taipan Sat 30 Aug 2008, 08:39

It's been building up for years
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Back to top Go down

I've been too busy lately to pay much attention to sport... Empty Re: I've been too busy lately to pay much attention to sport...

Post by embee Sat 30 Aug 2008, 08:41

a salmonella outbreak after a buildup ....messy
embee
embee

Number of posts : 26208
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : aus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Aug 2008, 08:42

mynah wrote:...But sadly not busy enough to be unaware that South African sport in general has suddenly become not merely crap, but as sh1t as a salmonella outbreak at a wedding reception. Not just cricket either - just about everything. pale
Lucky you don't support Man Utd too.

Back to top Go down

Post by mynah Sat 30 Aug 2008, 10:18

Probably this kind of stuff going on throughout our sport...

Peek at shameful SA at Games
mynah
mynah

I've been too busy lately to pay much attention to sport... APSeEpm

Number of posts : 3385

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Sat 30 Aug 2008, 10:46

Proteas are certainly wilting while the roses are blooming.

The great thing about being an Aussie is that we punch above our weight in most sports. Maybe South Africans aren't much good at sport.

Interesting though that you have an Aussie Rules team playing in the international series here in Melbourne atm and a lot of the saffas show much promise. Some are expected to be in the actual AFL within about five years with many by the year 2018.
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17071
Registration date : 2007-10-28
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Sat 30 Aug 2008, 10:47

Tell me Taipan and Mynah honestly why is SA sport in a quagmire?
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17071
Registration date : 2007-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Sat 30 Aug 2008, 15:56

Red wrote:Tell me Taipan and Mynah honestly why is SA sport in a quagmire?

hey, you are the expert
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by doremi Sun 31 Aug 2008, 13:57

taipan wrote:
Red wrote:Tell me Taipan and Mynah honestly why is SA sport in a quagmire?

hey, you are the expert

Duh! Obviously because Graeme Smith is fat and gay. And has a big chin. It's clearly all his fault.
doremi
doremi

Number of posts : 9743
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by PlanetPakistan Sun 31 Aug 2008, 20:10

SA have a couple of serious issues in their country which are FAR more important than their performance in sports. I suggest they invest large sum of money to fix those problems first.
PlanetPakistan
PlanetPakistan

Number of posts : 10285
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Flag/Background : pak

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 01 Sep 2008, 07:44

PlanetPakistan wrote:SA have a couple of serious issues in their country which are FAR more important than their performance in sports. I suggest they invest large sum of money to fix those problems first.

Unfortunately the money spent on these issues tends to stick to the fingers of a select few.

Last edited by taipan on Mon 01 Sep 2008, 07:53; edited 1 time in total
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Mon 01 Sep 2008, 07:49

Both the cricket and the rugby teams would appear to be wildly inconsistent and enigmatic at the moment. Imo opinion the rugby team will remain in pretty good health for a while, whilst the future of the cricket team is less certain.

Bafana Bafana has been dire for a while now, when they should really be right up there with Nigeria and Cameroon as African football powerhouses.
Henry
Henry

Number of posts : 32891
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 01 Sep 2008, 09:31

So taips, what's the latest on the football World Cup preparations?
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105940

Back to top Go down

Post by Naeem Mon 01 Sep 2008, 09:36

Cape town stadium looking beautiful already !

Bring on 2010!!
Naeem
Naeem

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

I've been too busy lately to pay much attention to sport... Empty Green Point stadium as of April 2008

Post by Naeem Mon 01 Sep 2008, 09:49

I've been too busy lately to pay much attention to sport... 24384411
Naeem
Naeem

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 01 Sep 2008, 09:56

The Durban stadium looks good too.

God knows why they built it though.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by eowyn Mon 01 Sep 2008, 10:07

To play football in?
eowyn
eowyn

Number of posts : 11132
Flag/Background : yrk

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 01 Sep 2008, 10:09

eowyn wrote:To play football in?

They have a perfectly good international rugby stadium next to it.

It is money pissed down the drain.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Naeem Mon 01 Sep 2008, 10:31

Ja they could have used newlands for the soccer in ct too, but the parking situation is crap there.
Naeem
Naeem

Back to top Go down

Post by eowyn Mon 01 Sep 2008, 10:35

I've been googling trying to find out about funding and stadium building and found the official Fifi site for 2010. There's a page for links to official documents

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/organisation/documents/index.html

The one on the requirements for stadiums is very interesting, if a little long, absolutely everything is covered from seating size to officials changing rooms, signs for directions and what happens after the tournament to the facilities.

Where has most of the money come from to fund the building? I've still not found that out.
eowyn
eowyn

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 01 Sep 2008, 10:36

Naeem wrote:Ja they could have used newlands for the soccer in ct too, but the parking situation is crap there.

Agreed, which makes even less sense building a football stadium next to King's Park
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Sep 2008, 10:44

eowyn wrote:I've been googling trying to find out about funding and stadium building and found the official Fifi site for 2010. There's a page for links to official documents

The one on the requirements for stadiums is very interesting, if a little long, absolutely everything is covered from seating size to officials changing rooms, signs for directions and what happens after the tournament to the facilities.

Where has most of the money come from to fund the building? I've still not found that out.
FFS, have you really nothing better to do on your time off?

Back to top Go down

Post by JKLever Mon 01 Sep 2008, 10:50

Yeah, cause that must have taken all of 2 minutes..... shrug
JKLever
JKLever

Number of posts : 27236
Registration date : 2007-08-06
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

Post by eowyn Mon 01 Sep 2008, 10:52

Not right now, no.

I actually find all the politics behind the big sporting organizations fascinating, proves how little influence us ordinary folk have over anything.
eowyn
eowyn

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 01 Sep 2008, 11:08

eowyn wrote:I've been googling trying to find out about funding and stadium building and found the official Fifi site for 2010. There's a page for links to official documents

It's come from Fifa with some government funding.
taipan
taipan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next