Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I've been too busy lately to pay much attention to sport...

+7
Henry
PlanetPakistan
doremi
Red
embee
taipan
mynah
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I've been too busy lately to pay much attention to sport... - Page 2 Empty Re: I've been too busy lately to pay much attention to sport...

Post by skully Mon 01 Sep 2008, 11:11

Naeem wrote:Ja ...
You're just saying that to p!ss Red off.

Last edited by skully on Mon 01 Sep 2008, 11:12; edited 1 time in total
skully
skully

Number of posts : 105983
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

I've been too busy lately to pay much attention to sport... - Page 2 Empty Re: I've been too busy lately to pay much attention to sport...

Post by skully Mon 01 Sep 2008, 11:12

And thanks to Naeem and taips for the Bird's Nests update.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 01 Sep 2008, 11:13

skully wrote:
Naeem wrote:Ja ...
You're just saying that to p!ss Red off.

JaNee
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by eowyn Mon 01 Sep 2008, 11:40

taipan wrote:
eowyn wrote:I've been googling trying to find out about funding and stadium building and found the official Fifi site for 2010. There's a page for links to official documents

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/organisation/documents/index.html

The one on the requirements for stadiums is very interesting, if a little long, absolutely everything is covered from seating size to officials changing rooms, signs for directions and what happens after the tournament to the facilities.

Where has most of the money come from to fund the building? I've still not found that out.

It's come from Fifa with some government funding.

Thanks, so basically Fifa wants to promote football and have spent money building stadia to do that. It's a shame that so much money seems to have been 'wasted' when schools, hospitals and even basic infrastructure need money spending on them. Let's hope the in flux of tourist dollars/pounds/euros gets spent wisely afterwards. Reading the documents it's does seem like Fifa have at least paid lip-service to the after effects and how the stadia will be used after the tournament so let's hope for the best possible outcome....
eowyn
eowyn

Number of posts : 11132
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : yrk

Back to top Go down

Post by Naeem Mon 01 Sep 2008, 11:43

Don't let me start with the cape flats lingo. Ekse.
Naeem
Naeem

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 01 Sep 2008, 11:45

So Naeem and taips, will the hosting Saffies get past the first round in the World Cup? Wink Cool
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by Naeem Mon 01 Sep 2008, 11:49

Depends how many own goals we can avoid scoring. The ozzies did quite well in the last wc if i remember correctly?
Naeem
Naeem

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 01 Sep 2008, 11:51

Naeem wrote:The ozzies did quite well in the last wc if i remember correctly?
It was just the best 2 weeks. Everyone was buzzing, and we went so close to at least taking the Italians to a penalty shoot-out.

I hope it goes well for the locals in 2010. No really, I do. Wink
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by skully Mon 01 Sep 2008, 11:52

If we had've got past Italy we would've met the Swiss in the quarters.
skully
skully

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Mon 01 Sep 2008, 14:23

skully wrote:If we had've got past Italy we would've met the Swiss in the quarters.

And then probably Germany if you continued North.
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2