Flaming Bails
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I have just caught my second criminal in under a week

+4
Red
mynah
tac
Yorkie Jill
8 posters

Go down

I have just caught my second criminal in under a week Empty I have just caught my second criminal in under a week

Post by Yorkie Jill Sat 20 Sep 2008, 02:08

and i'm not a farkin COPPER.

Burglar on Sunday smashes the spare room window with a brick while i'm still in the house, i call the police who happen to be very nearby and come and catch him climbing out. Catch One, complete.

Come home from a meal out tonight, boyfriend's car has disappeared, smashed glass on the pavement. Looks bad. Call the police, report it stolen, meanwhile, hear shouting, head out to see some nutter smashing in a window on the car over the road. Call 999, only to have police calling back to say they have boyfriend's car, which had been recovered, broken into earlier, so i report the nutter, and some 20 minutes later, he's caught 50 metres down the street. Catch 2, complete.

What say I join the police and get paid for this scummy* life i'm leading?

YUCK. i hate people. drunks. idiots.

*yet strangely lucky...
Yorkie Jill
Yorkie Jill

I have just caught my second criminal in under a week 7EoDRAk

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2007-09-03
Flag/Background : eng

Back to top Go down

I have just caught my second criminal in under a week Empty Re: I have just caught my second criminal in under a week

Post by tac Sat 20 Sep 2008, 02:16

Maybe you should stop dobbing on your mates?
tac
tac

Number of posts : 19270
Registration date : 2007-08-31
Flag/Background : pon

Back to top Go down

I have just caught my second criminal in under a week Empty Re: I have just caught my second criminal in under a week

Post by mynah Sat 20 Sep 2008, 03:42

Yorkie Jill wrote:

Perhaps you should consider moving to another area instead... Wink
mynah
mynah

I have just caught my second criminal in under a week APSeEpm

Number of posts : 3385
Registration date : 2007-09-04
Flag/Background : saf

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Sat 20 Sep 2008, 04:35

mynah wrote:
Yorkie Jill wrote:

Perhaps you should consider moving to another area instead... Wink

Yes, like SA or Pakistan. Very Happy

Or even the CBD of Melbourne.
Red
Red

Number of posts : 17071
Registration date : 2007-10-28
Flag/Background : baggy

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Sat 20 Sep 2008, 07:57

Yorkie Jill wrote:and i'm not a farkin COPPER.

Burglar on Sunday smashes the spare room window with a brick while i'm still in the house, i call the police who happen to be very nearby and come and catch him climbing out. Catch One, complete.

Come home from a meal out tonight, boyfriend's car has disappeared, smashed glass on the pavement. Looks bad. Call the police, report it stolen, meanwhile, hear shouting, head out to see some nutter smashing in a window on the car over the road. Call 999, only to have police calling back to say they have boyfriend's car, which had been recovered, broken into earlier, so i report the nutter, and some 20 minutes later, he's caught 50 metres down the street. Catch 2, complete.

YUCK. i hate people. drunks. idiots.

*yet strangely lucky...

Well done Jillie.

BTW, when did you stop drinking?
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Sat 20 Sep 2008, 09:22

Blimey, the forum has it's own Miss Marple!
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936

Back to top Go down

Post by taipan Sat 20 Sep 2008, 09:23

Basil wrote:Blimey, the forum has it's own Miss Marple!
Dunno if thet will please Jill
taipan
taipan

Number of posts : 48416

Back to top Go down

Post by Basil Sat 20 Sep 2008, 09:25

taipan wrote:
Basil wrote:Blimey, the forum has it's own Miss Marple!
Dunno if thet will please Jill

She'll get the joke I hope.
Basil
Basil

Number of posts : 15936

Back to top Go down

Post by Yorkie Jill Sat 20 Sep 2008, 13:22

I goddit. Yeah, ok, not all drunks, but ones that smash in people's cars. I'll just wait and see what's next...maybe i can have my own tv series.

Mynah, I would LOVE to move. I'm trapped in post-student purgatory.
Yorkie Jill
Yorkie Jill

Back to top Go down

Post by mynah Mon 22 Sep 2008, 13:33

You may find South Africa exciting - but trouble is, here if you catch a criminal the police don't come. Evil or Very Mad
mynah
mynah

I have just caught my second criminal in under a week APSeEpm

Number of posts : 3385

Back to top Go down

Post by furriner Mon 22 Sep 2008, 19:47

As opposed to India where the police are the criminals?
furriner
furriner

Number of posts : 12508
Flag/Background : ind

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Mon 22 Sep 2008, 20:10

As opposed to the UK where the police do come .....eventually .... do f**k all, then go away and fill in 46 forms.

Merlin

Number of posts : 14718
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : afg

Back to top Go down

Post by Yorkie Jill Mon 22 Sep 2008, 21:55

Merlin, do my examples not show a crazy level of promptness on the part of the police? In the first scenario, they turned up while i was still on the emergency call explaining what was going on. Just as bloody well, mind.

And the 46 gazillion forms are filled in at the scene of the crime, actually. Sometimes with a break inbetween forms at half 3 in the morning because another policeman is in danger somewhere else.
Yorkie Jill
Yorkie Jill

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Mon 22 Sep 2008, 22:33

Just going on personal experience.

Maybe in your neck of the woods they're all super robo-cops ... ie., real policemen - so yeah, just as well for you.
Over in these parts their keenness extends primarily to emptying rolls of film from speed cameras ...

We don't see real policemen anymore ... we have to now pay towards the running of two "Community Assistants" patrolling 3 days a week, 9 till 5 pm, all suited up like NYork cops (bar the pistol) riding bikes and telling people off for parking 5 minutes beyond a 30 minute period in a sleepy bloody village whilst also admonishing kids for playing ball games in off street areas.

Policemen?
Who they?

Merlin

Number of posts : 14718
Registration date : 2007-09-05
Flag/Background : afg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down